Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. dika27

dika27 Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Economy staff, hotelier
    Jakarta
    Trireme now not a good ship after major update , now seem rarely to seen on top10 :confused:

2. Patashu

Patashu Well-Known Member

1) You missed the small gap between the update coming out and the mission updating that let you promote to C early.

2) Sadly, S is the highest rank for now.

Trireme is AWFUL now. Missile Swarm got nerfed very hard, so Trireme has no offense now. Mega Laser/Mega Bomb are better for offense now.

3. Deez_Nuts

Deez_Nuts Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Trieme and Proxymar are now destined for the scrapyard. I'm in an A league ATM and reached 5-4 with the Trieme, although it seems like I'm going to be at a major disadvantage if I don't change my ship. I'll revisit that tomorrow.

In my previous group, the top 10 was typically a mix of Proxymar, Trieme, Cinnri, and another misc. ship here or there. Top 10 is now DOMINATED by Cinnri.

From my perspective, I don't see how this 'balanced' the game. It simply turned the table on aggressive ships and turned the balance to defensive ships. Every top 10 ship now has some sort of bullet clearing/stun function - the heavy offense/aggressive play ships no longer have the firepower to routinely penetrate top 10.

4. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    The standout thing in my daily leaderboard is anything that has Mega Laser. Every single high placement is a ship that uses it, Cinnri, Razor VI, and one EXO and Fujin is all I can see in top 15.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This. LOL

My current favorite ship is the Juggernaut. ;)

6. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    S League is currently the highest but if it turns out to be too easy we can always add some on top ;) Right now we are focused on observing how the leagues perform and how the balancing works out.

7. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Really really enjoyed this update! Thanks for the hard work! However most of the new ships aren't quite strong. They are really interesting and I love the new weapon system. Now onto the changes it seems that a full missile swarm can't even nullify a shield. It is weakened too much. Mega laser has full advantage compared to Mega bomb, which is not balanced. Mega Bomb should be stronger or you should consider making it cancel a small range of bullets.

The new music is really cool, still in circulation.

8. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    I personally really like the new mega laser, much more fun than spamming laser storms as before, because the laser does at least require setup and aim.

9. dika27

dika27 Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Economy staff, hotelier
    Jakarta
    My brother, ur right

Rest in peace trireme i will always remember u witj the highest score defeated invaders

Now i am playing with ship that have stun bullet and mega laser :rolleyes:

10. alexq

alexq Member

Jun 5, 2013
    There is something amiss here, especially with Trireme being nerfed so badly.

Community Mission 46, how are people beating this in under 2 minutes with the Trireme??

11. Patashu

Beat S League Daily #347 with Razor VI, took about 10 tries. Fun! Act 5 had some tough combinations of bullets and lasers. Mega Laser is still too good atm though.

12. Deez_Nuts

Deez_Nuts Member

Oct 1, 2016
    :cool: I'm holding hope there'll be another revision that adds some balance back to the Trieme/Proxymar users. I'm confident the data will show that Cinnri/Razor IV users are now the dominant class and the new revision still nees some tinkering. Even the new enemy distributions (tighter clustering) now favors beam users to a significant extent.

13. dika27

dika27 Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Economy staff, hotelier
    Jakarta
    Hope the firigames will fix missile swarm with new features for next update
    Like mge laser that can erase enemy bullets without move the laser :D

I was on 2:20:00 ++ with photurius , bro
    Same with community #47

14. alexq

alexq Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Right, but I'm talking about Trireme and it's missle swarm being so weak. His primary gun is super weak against larger ships as is missle swarm. So how is a weak ship getting such a fast time?

15. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Wondering if those scores are made with an older version of this game thus not updating? I don't know what would happen if I play daily mission on an old version of this game.

16. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    #656 Emuser, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    In this case it would definitely beg the question if the game could still be played without updating (but with leagues individualizing daily missions and new weapons introduced in community missions I don't see how). There is no other way someone could be hitting 2 minute clear times with Trireme.

Looking at the leaderboards upon clearing is super out of hand now, every single ship shown is one that has mega laser. Anything that had missile swarm previously is dead in the water (mega rip to Atlas and Von Braun). I know Selachi talked about an upcoming update in the next week or so, so I'm not acting really upset about it, just shocked. I think that if Mega Laser is adjusted to be less ridiculous and Missile Swarm is buffed just a tad per missile that it would help the most with evening things out.

17. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    I love this update but only 1 complaint.

Please remove the screen shake. Everyone is complaining about it on the appstore and it's insanely annoying. 60% of my deaths are caused by shakes.

Shaking works fine on ipad i guess, but on iphone where everything is so small it's insanely hard to survive a shake.

It doesn't feel right. It should definitely be removed or reduced significantly.

I hate complaining but this is something i have to complain about. I simply cannot get used to it on my iphone.

18. Patashu

Yup, this is what I'm hoping for too. Does Laser Storm also need a slight buff? Or is it fine?

19. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    The missile swarm needs a bit more buff , for now one full swarm can't even clear a large enemy shield. Laser storm is fine.