Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    The Zephyr is actually a pretty cool ship! I unlocked it but haven't fully upgraded it yet. I don't know it's full potential but the main guns are actually hitting pretty hard. They also fire pretty fast too. It us point defense and a Kappa drive so it has decent systems.

Billy

2. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Wow gotta love the new weapons the invaders use. Very very fun to play against!

Any suggestions on which ship i should upgrade next?

Trim, aurora, and proto are all fully upgraded.

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This game
    Is much
    Much better now.
    Already moved up in leagues

4. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #624 LordShad0wz, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    I just moved up as well!! This game is just getting better and better.

Selachii,

I have a request. With the Phalanx secondary shield system, can you please make it so we have a warning when it's about to collapse so we can reactivate it in time? There's no warning. It just collapses. We really would benefit from a warning like a flashing or something.

I cannot tell you how much I like the Hunter fighter with the Phalanx system. It's so awesome. I use the shield as a ram! I'll activate the phalanx with a boss and then teleport to the bottom and ram all the bullets sweeping the entire screen upwards and back down clearing it of all bullets. As my main weapons are blasting the shit out of them.

Hell yeah! I've given the game a fifth star on the ratings. This update won me over.

Billy

5. Patashu

Patashu Well-Known Member

Moving up to League A! My thoughts:

-I love the new 5-way aimed shot, spreading splitter shots and the super dense circle sprayers. These really added the feeling of claustrophobia and bullet management that a good bullet hell sorely needed.

-Trireme sucks now. Holy hell is missile swarm bad. If you need to kill something very badly, you can't. Teleport isn't enough of a draw to want to use this ship anymore :p I tried Razor VI instead and beat the toucharcade community challenge first try instead. The mega laser lets me defeat stuff I want, the barrier lets me set up for mega lasers, and the way the mega laser now clears bullets feels awesome. It made the extremely hard 5-4 (with a super dense circle sprayer pair that fills the ENTIRE screen with bullets, nowhere to teleport!) manageable as I could just tear through the bullets. I definitely approve of the fact that there is no longer 'one god ship' anymore :)

-I wonder what 'League' community missions are. Is it dynamic based on people clearing it, or some fixed league?

Oh, for real? I've never noticed it, and I've spammed teleports a lot.

Yep, Trireme is TRASH now. Try Razor VI! It has an offensive option (mega laser is OP) and a defensive option (mega laser clears bullets now!, and barrier is strong if you think smart about using it). Also, its main weapon is powerful enough to help you deal with mid to large ships. You might think Cinnri is boring but it's also super stron. Proxymar and Buhloo might still be good, but not OP anymore.

6. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    So, it's been 24 hours since this patch, and I will say it has been one hell of an experience seeing everything unfold. I never thought a mobile game could get such an astounding update.

Loving the EXP system added for playing, sure you still only get 100 credits per level up, but now there's some incentive to playing constantly. I'll recap any changes I am aware of for those that haven't seen patch notes and/or are late to the party:

+Point Defense doesn't seal your main weapon when in use, can use both at once now. Amazing buff.
    -Missile Swarm is MEGA RIP. This thing is less effective to use against big enemies as opposed to mobs of size 1 or 2 enemies. Hard nerf.
    *Laser Storm got weaker and lasts less time, but the main weapon can be used in conjunction with it now. Elyon and Ogon in tandem with Kappa Drive are legit scary now.
    +Kappa Drive will give you steady energy increase even when particles are not around to grab...HUGE buff, possibly the biggest.
    *Mega Laser takes less time to charge, but no longer moves from it's point of origin. It will wipe bullets however. Still gonna be pretty good.
    *Mega Bomb is weaker, but has more range and has a slowdown effect when used. Much weaker to use against bigger enemies.
    +Teleport no longer costs any energy to use, but the more you use it in rapid succession, the longer your finger has to be lifted before Teleport is "ready" to use again. This negative aspect is less prominent the more teleport is upgraded now.

Ship Specific:
    *Gorthaur, Jn'dur slight weapon buffs
    *Proxymar main weapon adjustment: shot slowed, but each shot is more powerful. More in line with how the weapon acts at lower levels. Unsure if this would be a buff or a nerf since the net effect seems similar to before.

General:
    *In the main menu, muting then unmuting the music will switch between the new music and the old music.
    Zoom levels across acts has been reduced. Camera starts more zoomed out in earlier acts than before, which results in more smooth, less drastic zooming between acts.

That all being said, the gap between all the ships has definitely been closed a lot. All the offensive abilities have been changed to where it is impossible to wipe out an entire wave in a blink of an eye. I believe that ships that previously dominated that have 2 offensive abilities may still be able to inch ahead on clear times, but I feel it will not be nearly as blowout as it used to be and I do mean -inch- ahead.

My favorite new ships so far are 502-Q8 and Gladius. 502 can setup Mega Lasers with very minimal risk as long as nothing will hit it's sides, and Gladius is immense fun to mess around with charging Kappa Drive a little between every single shot and getting a few extra stocks of Vorpal Lance.

7. Zunda

Zunda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Does anyone know what the biggest TA community is?

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Did you upgrade the Gladius? Does it fire only the two missiles after it's been upgraded ? I had looked at that one as my next purchase as well.

Billy

9. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Yes, I have fully upgraded it. It shoots 8 closely-knit shots but they lose a little damage per bullet compared to the two powerful shots at level 1.

10. Patashu

Moving up to S League, baby! :)

Razor VI is my new favourite ship. Two attempts needed for a clear.

Anyone else here about to move to S league?

11. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    What is everyone's main ship

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm at B league. I haven't done today's mission yet. Let's see what happens. I got the fully upgraded Gladius and going to take it for a spin. I want to see what that Vorpal Lance is all about.

Billy

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #633 LordShad0wz, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Ok.

The Gladius's main weapon when fully upgraded acts just like the Vuxines but it's got more punch to it. Also I absolutely love that rail gun it has as the secondary weapon system. It stores multiple hits! It's effing awesome lol. You save up a few shots and can easily taken down a screen full of big and medium ships. Daddy like. The first time I used it I was like oh hell yeah!!

On another note. With the Dragonfly. It's main twin guns are seriously underpowered and underwhelming and need adjustment. Please Selachii. They are awful. At full upgrade they take forever to take down anything.

Any word Selachii on my request on putting a visible marker for when the frontal shield is about to collapse? I haven't seen your response on that. Right now it just collapses with no warning. If it could flash or something just before collapse it would help us to know when to activate it again. I really do love the Hunter ship for this feature.

Whoever came up with some of these secondary features is awesome. Also the Kappa drive really is amazing now. I absolutely love that the generator makes particles. It's just fantastic.

Also has anyone tried the Fujin?? That fighter is a whole new fighter now with the Mega laser and the laser storm and it's heavy hitting main gun. I actually enjoy using it now.

This update has really made the game better with exception of the missile swarm issues. There's so many great changes and additions. I ended up spending $20 to show my support. I can't wait to see what the dev team comes up with next!

Billy

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #634 LordShad0wz, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Well if you mean serious business it's the Razor VI because of its secondary and third systems. You use the barrier to set up the mega laser and blast big targets and bullets out of space. Of course the Razors main weapons also pack quite a wallop too.

For semi serious I've been using the Hunter and the Gladius.

The Hunter hits fast and decent and has a really cool secondary that activates a shield in front of the ship. You can store 6 shields and keep reloading them using the kappa drive. I use it like a battering ram. It's fun.

The Gladius I just unlocked and upgraded today. It's main guns work like the Vuxines but it's secondary is the multiple load carrying rail gun that smashes targets. It's really awesome. I used the rail gun on that level where I had 2 medium ships behind one of those big boss ships and the 2 shots took out all 3 after an initial pounding with my main guns.

Those are what I'm using. I have other new ones unlocked and upgraded but I don't like them so much. The Hime for example. I spent I think like 8000 credits fully upgrading it and was underwhelmed.

Billy

15. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Elyon Is quite interesting after the updates. Got 2:10 minute times using it..

16. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Some kind of notification is nice indeed. The way you use it though, as a battering ram :D, it will be hard to see any effect because the shield will go down almost the same time any effect would start. The Phalanx, like the Barrier, blocks a fixed amount of bullets so it's more suited to clear only the bullets that need to be blocked. Higher ranks block more bullets and add more Counters. It is possible to cast a new Phalanx while the previous one is still up, so you can make them overlap. I'll look into a visual effect for a future update.

That's just a bad label, will be fixed early next week.

Thanks! :D

Nice, congrats!

17. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Moving to S league. However getting 1st place is hard for I am using Fujin, which is not good in the later sections. Cinnri is dominant:D.

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Thank you very much Selachii. I only do the battering ram move when I'm having fun lol.

I really really love the rail gun secondary weapon. That thing is so much fun to use. This update was so bad ass.

Billy

19. Patashu

Cleared my first S League daily with Razor VI. Fun stuff!

(The other two clearers used Cinnri and Photorius.)

20. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Hmm, I've been playing every day since the update, I only got to clear A rank today, tomorrow I'll get to see what an S rank mission looks like. Is there more after that?