Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Patashu

Patashu Well-Known Member

Reposting:

2. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    The PROXYMAR ship's main weapon shoots slowly at low level while it seems that at higher level it still takes a similar amount of time to destroy a mid-sized enemy. The shot seems to have a lower damage at higher level.

3. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    #583 Emuser, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    All I can say is persistence, Trireme may be a good ship but lacks any defensive ability to stay alive more easily in act 5, so sometimes It can be incredibly hard to clear depending on how screwed up the final act is aka super ultra mega ships that prevent most people from clearing the mission.

Also, I don't like to do this and very rarely ever do so, but I am calling shenanigans on the under 1 minute clears I am seeing on this community mission. I will upload a video within the next hour or two and I want to see if anyone else thinks there are any major mistakes I make, I really don't see how it is possible for someone to get those times without some kind of cheat or hack unfortunately.

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S3vfyDjmsM

The main point I'm making here is that even with what I consider very few small mistakes, this is still a 1:04 time at the time of death in the video. Just on how long it takes big ships to fly in on all parts, I don't find it feasible to get 55 seconds on this mission.

EDIT: Also, I have started a new account to test low level stuff, I was shocked when I saw there is hardly a difference in times playing up to wave 4 then dying asap with both unpowered and fully powered Proxymar main weapon only. I assume this is because Trireme and Proxymar both had their shots nerfed in previous updates, maybe the max power shots were nerfed while lower levels were untouched? Definitely feels odd regardless.

4. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Thank you for the repost! Beat my first level ever! The ending effect is so cool. Woot!

5. Mrbestapps

Dec 9, 2015
    How did you guys beat 5-1 on toucharcade (today's community mission)

Feels impossible... spent 1h trying lol

6. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Did it yeah! But I spent way too much time on 5-3 and 5-4 because I was toooooo nervous and forgot to use missiles... got #14

7. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Another massive ship today... I don't know what's the best weapon to deal with that. Missiles deal great damage but I still need to back the ship to avoid the long streams and spreads. And it takes a lot of time. The remaining bullets also pose a problem for the next wave.

8. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    I looked into the Proxymar, based on your feedback these past few days, it's much appreciated. The weapon damage and its increase when leveling up are correct. However, a side effect of the current upgrade path makes the Proxymar less favorable versus certain small enemies. This probably causes the difference in clear-times of certain missions. This has been fixed for the next update.

The damage correction the Trireme and Proxymar etc enjoyed in the past was equal across all levels

The relatively low damage output of the main weapon makes the bigger enemies more challenging for ships like the Proxymar and Trireme. It's hard to 'miss' these enemies, so ships with powerful projectiles are at an advantage here.

9. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Those massive ships are always hellishly difficult, Cinnri and Photurius have been my go to ships whenever one of them shows up. I've never been able to destroy them with Trireme so whenever I see a Trireme clear my brain goes crazy trying to imagine how that is done.

Something I've been meaning to ask for a while but always forgot was how the strong against: armor, shield, hull thing is supposed to work out? I don't quite understand it or know what the difference between armor or hull is in this case.

10. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    #590 PROXYMAR, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    Armor could be the metal plate like silver covers on some enemies. Those without the cover (armor) take much less shots to be destroyed than those of the same type with the cover. Shield was the annoying blue thing that shines once a ship becomes tangible or while being damaged (before it is nullified). To damage a ship, its shield must first be nullified. Not all ships have them. Green ships usually have a shield (including zakos), while most red don't have. It seems random. Hull is the main core part of the ship. So that's why Buhloo's main "hull specified" laser kills things so quickly. It is a bit useless against today's massive ship, for the shield has too much health.

+ Aiming for the armorless part of an armored ship deals more damage.
    + Destroying turrets or just shooting at the ship will damage its hull. Armor just seemingly gives that specific part more hp. But how all these work out together is not easy to understand. Only the developers know this;)
    +The green ships all seem to be equipped with armor... the parts with camouflage are supposed to be armors.

11. Patashu

I never find massive ships difficult, the trick is that you don't die for flying on top of an enemy ship, so with Trireme you can sit in the upper left corner, teleport to the upper right corner if splitter shots/lasers would hit you, and repeat until it's dead.

12. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    The problem is that I have no effective teleporting ships. I use mainly just PROXYMAR, BUHLOO and EXO. The rest just don't suit me well... And I don't have a trireme. I can destroy the massive ship but the bullets left behind narrows the space too much that the next wave will definitely kill me.

13. adamlax

adamlax Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Male
    Today I found a bug that should be patched. I opened up my warp gate to get a new ship and no ship ever came up so I closed the app. When I reopened it, it said I had another 11 hours and I didn't receive any credits or a news ship. Minor but could probably simply be fixed.

14. Patashu

If you don't have a teleporting ship, sliding along the top of the screen works almost as well.

Agreed that transitioning to the next wave is tough. If you can find a path to get down to the center of the screen before it explodes, then you can try to take it.

15. Mrbestapps

Dec 9, 2015
    Tips on today's community mission? Wave 5-3 has a big tanky boss with no ads and destroys me.

Which ships would work best in this case?

Edit : nvm just read the previous comments. I'll level up prem next.

16. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Zync got first place! I think he must have some good strats on beating the tanky boss.

17. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Hmm, this should not be possible. Please let me know the exact name you use on the leaderboards (the pilot name shown in the pilot tab) We'll find out what happened exactly.

18. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Also there's a bug which could be a bug that sometimes you instantly explode after spawning.

19. Mrbestapps

Dec 9, 2015
    Does anyone else get annoyed when a big ship explodes and the screen shakes?

Playing on my iPhone 6, because everything is so small it makes me crash all the time. I wish there was an option to disable screen shaking.

20. Mrbestapps

Dec 9, 2015
    Beaten 4 levels now because of this advice. Thanks a ton for reposting and thanks to the guy who made the original guide!

Beat today's community mission AND daily mission first try!