Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    It was really hard, on my leaderboard I got a 03:37 with Juggernaut and was the only clear of the daily.

2. dika27

dika27 Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Economy staff, hotelier
    Jakarta
    Hai guys almost 1 month play phoenix2 after suffering for collecting coin in game finally upgraded max level trireme #

Attached Files:

3. Patashu

Patashu Well-Known Member

Hope you're having fun with the Best Ship (tm)!

4. dika27

dika27 Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Economy staff, hotelier
    Jakarta
    Yeah terima kasih dude ##
    I will saving coin untill mext major update from firi

5. dika27

dika27 Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Economy staff, hotelier
    Jakarta
    Where is every one, ?
    Daily mission already changed

Attached Files:

6. Patashu

A while ago the leaderboards were split up into about ~1000 shards. So it's possible that the shard you're in happened to get extremely unlucky and depopulated. Or it could be a technical problem, I'm not sure.

If you want pro players to compare scores with every week, join the 'toucharcade' community (no ').

7. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    There's a handful of ships that will have their damage adjusted, but in general we're happy with the main weapons. Offensive Aura's will indeed be nerfed or changed.

I like it too! We changed the appearance so that it fits the Von Braun more. They used to look more like high-tech sci-fi, now they look more 'traditional'. No other changes.

Maybe you set a score just after the new Daily Mission started and you were among the first to play? We'll have a look to make sure, but you should not be alone ;)

8. dika27

dika27 Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Economy staff, hotelier
    Jakarta
    Yes sir i will join toucharcade community after my community has been reset
    My community name is Phoenix

Attached Files:

9. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    It is always tricky to predict but we are aiming for november ~ december. There will be one or more smaller patches in between but they will not contain the new ships.

10. dika27

dika27 Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Economy staff, hotelier
    Jakarta
    Ill waiting for that good news :D
    This morning daily mission :

Attached Files:

11. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    I finally got a clear with every single ship...Jn'dur was undoubtedly the most difficult. What I once considered potential unfortunately I realized this thing suffers majorly in wave 5 and admittedly had to wait until I was lucky enough to find a daily I could beat with it.

Having imported pictures from my phone and seeing close up pictures of the ships, I want to say seeing the finer details of the ships is also really cool. I want to attach a picture with all the clear proofs but it's too big so I'll have to do that later.

12. Cyanid

Cyanid New Member

Oct 23, 2016
    Germany
    Hey everyone, i m new here and got some questions

I m now playing Phoenix 2 since it's release i guess (not quiet sure) and enjoying it a lot

1)
    Will there be changes to the Community system? Since there is not much one can do with his community atm. I can't even look at the member list or on the badges other's obtained (what's even the point of obtaining badges after every mission?)

2)
    Are the Rankings split into regions? I m actually not from the US and on my leaderboards there are never more than 10-15 people who clear the daily mission. (Or are there just not enough players playing the game?)

3)
    The leaderboards are filled with Trireme and i also have one fully upgraded but i am not even able to read Act V with him. Is there something like a special technique people are using with this ship? The only ships i ever finished daily's are Cinnri (my first ship and actually my favorite) and Exo which is fun but hard to clear in my opinion because of his lack of defensive abilities

13. Patashu

The general way I start a wave in act 5 with Trireme is as follows:
    1) Have a full aura (BUT leave some particles around the middle of the screen), move to the bottom middle of the screen.
    2) Unleash Missile Swarm the moment the enemies are tangible.
    3) Start streaming (moving just fast enough to avoid all aimed bullets) to the left. (If you place your finger LEFT of the reactor, stream RIGHT instead.) Then when you reach the left corner, DON'T get trapped in the corner, instead start streaming upwards.
    4) A second before you'll get trapped and be unable to stream any higher, let go of the screen. In slow-motion, you can determine where the safest place on the screen to teleport is. (Depending on the weapons, it may be near the top or near the bottom of the screen.)
    5) Where you teleport, if missile swarming is meaningful and you can get particles and teleport safely afterwards, do so. Otherwise dodge until a second before you'd be trapped, and do another teleport. Keep doing this until the wave is clear.

BTW, don't forget some things:
    1) While your finger is off the screen, the game will not slow down while you have less particles than is necessary to teleport. So don't expect the slow down to come if you haven't picked up any particles yet, or you will die promptly :)
    2) While using Missile Swarm, missiles only fire if at least one enemy is currently in your Aura. (But after they fire, they can hit anything, not just what they can lock on to.)
    3) Your hitbox is the reactor only. Don't place a finger on it, you need to see where it is.
    4) Use your eyeballs. You can only see bullets that your eyes are looking at. If you ever dodge or teleport to a location BEFORE using your eyeballs on it, you will run into invisible bullets and it will be your fault for not looking first.
    5) You can slip past deceptively tight gaps, but you need to have good timing.
    6) Enemy shipbox sprites will NOT destroy your ship. For example, you can be on the top of the screen overlapping the biggest enemy ships and teleport from corner to corner just before their lasers/cluster projectiles would hit you.
    7) If you need more practice dodging bullets and are getting tired of the current missions, I recommend rRootage Online ( https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/rrootage-online-hd/id387008120?mt=8 ) as an alternative. Every time you play an 'R' level in that game, it generates a new boss fight, and it has similar hitbox size as Phoenix 2, so you'll never run out of dodging practice.

14. dika27

dika27 Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Economy staff, hotelier
    Jakarta
    Man this community mission : toucharcade have 4000++ members amazing since i was left Phoenix community # Only have 1400 members

Wew finally i just cleared toucharcade community mission
    And the score is

Attached Files:

15. dika27

dika27 Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Economy staff, hotelier
    Jakarta
    Today toucharcade community this is my score

Attached Files:

16. Patashu

Wow, a 54 second time! I think that's the fastest I've ever seen.

17. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Yea I don't know who that guy is but I've been waiting to see a sub 60 second time. I don't know how he does so well basically using missile swarm to finish a wave, mega bomb the next wave, and repeat while aggressively collecting particles and not getting hit for it.

Also, the updates to see stage reached + time for all players and destroy count for every ship was a really cool update, gives me an incentive to try some stuff out more often, Jn'dur was the only one I have gone over 10K with that's how long I tried to get a clear with it lol.

18. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Congratulations, that is _very_ cool.

We will be doing some small updates to the Community system, though I'm not sure if these will all make it into the 2.0 update. A member list is one of the things we want to add.

The current split is random. This will all change with 2.0

The top Trireme players are generally good with A) timing the Missile Swarm and B) teleporting around the screen when things get busy :) The Missile Swarm will have its gameplay revised for 2.0.

Very nice :)

Glad you like it. Really curious to see the amount of invaders destroyed by other people. Patashu, what's your Trireme count? :)

19. Patashu

Here are my Invaders Destroyed counts:

Razor VI: 86
    EX04239: 104
    Photurius: 168
    Buhloo: 511
    Mist Star: 549
    Cinnri: 867
    Jericho: 2698
    Jn'dur: 8269
    Trireme: 33026
    Proxymar: 52780

Everything else 0.

(If you're wondering why my Proxymar count is higher than my Trireme count, I've done several hours-long speedrun attempt sessions with Proxymar and I haven't done anything that hardcore with Trireme. Besides, if I wanted the BEST time I'd have to swap back to Proxymar anyway.)

20. dika27

dika27 Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Economy staff, hotelier
    Jakarta
    Did i feel good? Got yola from warp gate
    I am feeling lucky

Attached Files: