Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Wow! Amazing gameplay! I wish I was good with the Trireme like you are! Thank you for the video!

I wish more people would post videos with the different ships. I'd love to see the Yoth in action.

Billy

2. xhui

xhui Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Right? wish I got a Trireme. *sigh* So many duplicate ships...

3. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Thanks for the input. I'll upgrade the main ships from this forum before I take on this ship.

4. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    #344 Selachii, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    Correct, fixed in latest update.

The damage goes up and it will shoot additional beams simultaneously. Each level adds a beam.

Enemies are only immune while they 'fly in'. As soon as they 'land' (start moving around and shooting) they should be vulnerable.

We are working on an additional mission which is going to be a bit different than the daily and community missions and we're looking into a compensation for getting duplicate ships.

Great video, great teleporting, not so great "Pheonix" in the title instead of "Phoenix" :p

We are also working on a ship preview so you can see their primary weapon in action before unlocking. Of course we're working on much more cool stuff, more details as we get further!

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    At 1:30 missiles just one-shotted a boss. Missiles need to be nerfed man. That is too much advantage on the scoreboards as it currently is. LOL

Great run though!

6. Shadowblue

Shadowblue New Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Another different mission,great!
    Also,any chance for me to get another "top 0.001%" badge in the future?

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    What about compensation for actually playing? I earn very few credits daily actually playing. When a single upgrade is 600 credits it can take more than a day for just that one upgrade. I've definitely done my part and I've now spent $30 on this game. I usually have a $20 limit but I do like Firi so I went over my normal budget. I enjoy the game. Even with all of these purchases I still have many ships locked and lots of ships half upgraded. I'd like to see the economy changed and fixed so we earn credits while we play so we can upgrade our fighters. Please Firi fix this.

Billy

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I purchased the Yoth-Hola and wow I REALLY like this fighter. It fires lock on laser/energy projectiles that pack a nice punch. The point defense does an excellent job wiping out bullets and then you have the personal shield.

I just made it further in my first use with it in the daily mission than I have with all my other fighters. I made 63 credits woo hoo lol. (Sarcastic- Looking at Firi)

It's definitely a cool ship. I really like its main weapon. It's fast firing too.

Billy

9. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Probably not, but we are working on a league system to group players based on their skill level. This will be accompanied by appropriate new badges :)

You get to keep your badge though, which is pretty rare and will be a nice badge of honor in the future when pilots can be inspected on the leaderboards

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #350 LordShad0wz, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    Also for anyone interested I unlocked the Essin. I only had enough credits to raise the main weapon once and unlock the 3rd weapon. The main weapon is a pretty fast firing, straight shooting, pulse energy weapon that does pack a decent wallop. It fires fast enough that you can move around and your previous shots will hit enemies on the other side of the screen and smash them. I like the fighter. It will be better once I can upgrade it. Since I've spent $30 I won't be spending anymore until there's some permanent purchases and/or some economy changes to the game. So it's going to take me a long time to upgrade this. The 2nd weapon once activated is a series of lasers that hit anything in range and stays active until all energy is used up. It's actually pretty effective. I hadn't used this secondary before. I like it.

It's not a bad fighter. I'd say it's worth the 1500 credits to unlock if you also have the credits to fully upgrade it.

Billy

11. Liquidmark

Liquidmark Active Member

Aug 5, 2016
    I recorded a new run for today

https://youtu.be/7DxzTjWpOAk

Here's proof of the completion Time in the video. Of course it didn't beat my time on the leaderboard.

[​IMG]

I really wish that there were a way to set the game up to auto record sessions and give me the option to save my runs when I complete. That would be great

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #352 LordShad0wz, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Wow. You are a damn Trireme savant lol. I love watching your videos.

I have been using the Yoth-hola today. I have to say it's become my new favorite fighter. It was definitely worth the cost to unlock and fully upgrade. I absolutely love the visual effects of the main weapon!

Billy

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    For anyone interested I unlocked and fully upgraded the Atlas. The main gun fully upgraded fires a barrage of constant flowing projectiles directly forward of the ship and the flow stays with the ship so as the ship moves so does the flow. The weapon doesn't pack the punch you think it would but it does have a cool effect when it hits enemy ships. To be honest it should have an area of effect since debri flies off and hits nearby ships. But it doesn't. The ship does have missile swarm and shield as 2nd and 3rd options but the main gun just doesn't pack enough punch to really do well.

Billy

14. Liquidmark

Liquidmark Active Member

Aug 5, 2016
    #354 Liquidmark, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Thanks!

I want to upgrade my yoth-hola. I can get to chapter 5 with it un-upgraded on some dailies. I really want to master buhloo, however. I feel that it's a powerful ship but I'd rather have teleport than mega bomb. I'd feel differently about mega bomb if I didn't have to wait 2 seconds to release it. Perhaps if I could release a weaker version with the 2 second release being the most powerful and larger blast radius.

Anyhow, heres another vid for today's daily. I got a bad time on it but I'm satisfied that I completed it.

https://youtu.be/z7-R44eVNdM

[​IMG]

Also, here's my attempt at a run with an Ogon with zero upgrades.

https://youtu.be/bO9EmHd7kA8

15. Zync

Zync Member

Aug 9, 2016
    If you want to check I put up some playthrough of some fully upgraded ship for todays daily mission.

Yoth-Hola (bit laggy)
    https://youtu.be/n-k7q7OzXRg

Xaniea
    https://youtu.be/pxWWVf81Gxo

Exo4239
    https://youtu.be/k-_IIGXxY4s

Proxymar
    https://youtu.be/9Jjvcly_K9s

Buhloo
    https://youtu.be/18WmmvIOxO0

Non teleport ships takes getting use to, specially the ones with double offensive abilities. Ship is more vulnerable to attacks and makes it challenging but clearing waves much faster.

16. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    That is an awesome collection of clips Zync, great to see the different ships in action.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    What happened to my game? I cant record videos anymore (the option is not there when i pause), and the sound is all gone. My 2-yr young son likes playing Phoenix 2 so it was like this today when i got it from him. Other apps work fine in terms of sounds.

18. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    On-device recording has been disabled for devices that do not feature an A9, to avoid the earlier mentioned "slow-motion trick". It is still possible to record via a Mac with these devices using Quicktime.

As for the sound, maybe the toggles on the 'Play' screen?

19. Liquidmark

Liquidmark Active Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Truly, you are the best

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Like I said that Yoth is just an awesome ship! Thank you for posting these videos! I haven't unlocked the Xaniea yet so it was pretty awesome to see it in action. That part of the video in 5-1 when that ship landed with all those bullets gave me anxiety lol. I was amazed you made it through. Props to you my friend!

If you have other ships please post videos even if they aren't upgraded so we can see what their main weapons are. That Buhloo fully upgraded looks like a powerful ship. I have it but didn't upgrade it. I will now.

Thank you again!

Billy