Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. KyneTarse

KyneTarse Member

Aug 8, 2016
    I got an Ogon last night. Think it's my first new ship in more than a week. Got my fourth Tar'cah this morning :/

Ogon seems pretty neat, though - similar to Elyon, which I have fully upgraded and have been practicing with. Does anyone know if the Ogon's main laser lock on time improves with upgrading? Or just damage?

2. Patashu

Patashu Well-Known Member

Daily Mission #226 is incredibly easy. I expect to see a sub 1:20 time from Zync.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yep... Surprisingly easy that i did it on first try twice (juggernaut and mist star)

4. Zync

Zync Member

Aug 9, 2016
    I only got it to 1:40 with Proxymar, maybe push it to ~1:30 but might take some timing. Can anyone confirm if wave 4-1 immune to Mega Bomb?

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #325 LordShad0wz, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Anyone have thoughts on the Von Braun or the Essin? What is the daisy cutter weapon like on the Von Braun?

I got the Prime X. I really like the main Vulcan cannon on it. I wish the third weapon was a personal shield instead of teleport. I suck so bad with teleport. Lol

I wish the devs would let us pay to be able to choose the third or the 2nd and 3rd weapon slots. It would be awesome.

Billy

6. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Von Braun's main weapon (Daisy Cutter) is just homing missiles. Not a big fan of it, since it's slow to fire and often misses enemy ships. Essin's main weapon is your standard rapid fire, straight shooting projectile.

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Did you upgrade it?

I have the Jericho which uses missiles and I love that fighter. I've gotten really far with it. If you use the right angles you can get the missiles to hit pretty good.

Billy

8. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    No, I haven't. Most of my credits went into Mist Star and Proxymar :p

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #329 LordShad0wz, Aug 14, 2016
    I did it. I said screw it. I had 8000 credits. So I see what you mean. It's way different than the Jericho. However. When those missiles connect. Holy crap. At full upgrade they do massive damage with an area of effect aspect as well. It also has the missile swarm as well it has the Kappa drive. The Von Braun is actually a very good ship.

I would say the Jericho, Mist Star, and Juggernaut are my absolute favorites. I love the Juggernauts main gun that thing is awesome and has a nice AOE. I know it's a subjective thing but they are awesome fully upgraded.

I have terrible luck with the Proxymar. It's the teleport. No matter what I end up dying when I try to use it. The Mist Star and the Jericho are always the first two fighters I use on the levels when they refresh.

Speaking of which devs we need more than 2 a day. I wish we had a survival level like in Phoenix HD for when we complete the daily and community levels. They do get boring and I'll say it again we need a way to make more credits. Please. When are we going to get answers on changes to the economy and will we be getting more simultaneous levels?

Billy

10. Patashu

That's weird, 4-1 didn't take damage from Mega Bomb on my playthrough either.

11. Zync

Zync Member

Aug 9, 2016
    It seems like the 2 medium ships at the bottom screen were immune to Mega Bomb.

I manage it down to 1:22 after bombing top instead.

[​IMG]

12. Shadowblue

Shadowblue New Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Daily #226 1:13.16 achieved with Trireme
    I'm One.Shadowblue,"One" is my community

13. Patashu

Excellent times from both of you! :O

1:13.16 is the fastest I've seen on any daily, I think.

14. Liquidmark

Liquidmark Active Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Ok guys, I'm at my limit in the community. I'm satisfied to come in 4th place so far.

[​IMG]

. That's about as fast as I can go with this ship.

15. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Anyone upgrade yoth-hola? Is it any good. I can get pretty far without upgrades, was wondering how it feels upgraded?

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Darn,

Another update. Still nothing done with the economy. I was really hoping.

Billy

17. Zync

Zync Member

Aug 9, 2016
    Good job! Just curious though, what version are you playing on? The amount of min-maxing was crazy nonetheless!

18. Zync

Zync Member

Aug 9, 2016
    #338 Zync, Aug 14, 2016
    Fully upgraded its still the same. It's quite a defensive ship, having Point Defense and Personal Shield you can almost guarantee a smooth clear can be its on demise. Its primary weapon Vortex Howler, though an auto aim of constant barrage missile is not strong enough to clear enemy ship before you run out of space to dodge or run out of energy using 2nd/3rd ability specially on later waves. The ever changing size of screen will cause you to reorient your finger which instantly activate Personal Shield draining some energy but it's a minor issue. It might just be me but after replaying, I struggle to clear daily mission #226. Compared to other equivalent rarity ship such as Trireme, Fujin, Xaniea or Aurora(which I replayed as well) or lower rarity such as Proxymar I found this ship abit inferior.

Sorry for the rant. :(

19. xhui

xhui Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Still looking for most or all ships attack types video If anyone have them~

Also what ships you guys recommend for newbies?

20. Blixamarkham

Blixamarkham New Member

Aug 11, 2016
    Here is a video of community mission #7. Obviously there are many areas this can be sped up but I thought you guys might like seeing this. https://youtu.be/U4OUmrnu23M