Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I would probably agree on that one. It was the first medium rarity ship I got and I was excited to try it but ultimately very disappointed. The reload is just too long and fire time too short for a weapon that must be aimed. Though the shots are quite powerful. I just didn't see it as being worth upgrading. I also found laser storm to be just plain inferior to middle swarm and mega laser inferior to mega bomb.

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hmm... Anyone else not get coins for the community mission waves? I started the new wave just now and didn't get any currency for completing the waves...

3. Patashu

Patashu Well-Known Member

Make sure you have an active internet connection and do a few more runs.

Sometimes I don't get the currency to show up, but Phoenix 2 has never failed to eventually offer it to me, even if I do more runs in the mean time that don't beat my furthest run.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hmm, yeah I guess my connection was iffy...

Played again and got the currency. Thanks for the heads up. =o)

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Omg guys. That's it. Pigs are flying. I finally got a new fighter from the warp gate!

Lol

Billy

6. Patashu

Just saved 3000 credits by opening a Trireme from the Warp Gate! *cheering*

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Does anyone use the Fujin? Since it's the ship on the thumbnail I'd think more people would use it but I never see it on the leaderboards. How is its main weapon? Is it really worth 3000 credits to unlock?

Billy

8. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Actually I'm currently playing with the Fujin a lot. Its main weapon is a straight firing laser that pulses constantly. It feels more like a projectile that instantly hits the target right in front of the Fujin than a laser. I think this makes it a bit harder to play with, but it does hit hard.

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Interesting! Ok then let's unlock it and give it a whirl!

Billy

10. KyneTarse

KyneTarse Member

Aug 8, 2016
    Is it similar to the Elyon's lasers? I've been toying around with that as my backup (to Mist Star). I really like laser storm + kappa drive combination. I'm just not very good at dodging :)

This game is fantastic, by the way. Keep up the good work!

11. Patashu

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Firi,

I'm #12 on the Daily mission but when I pull it up it won't show it. See pic. It shows 1-10 and then 15 and up. Do you know why? I've reloaded the game and it's the same result.

Billy

Attached Files:

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... Im stuck in there with Mist Star, Juggernaut and Ogon. Mist Star isnt strong enough to burst down a turret to ease the next bullet waves, Juggernaut can only clear half the duration of a bullet wave, and cannot stop the beam lasers, and Ogon deals crap damage after it has destroyed one or 2 turrets.

In any of the cases, the turrets hiding behind other turrets plus the 2 lasers are what makes the stage really difficult.

14. Blixamarkham

Blixamarkham New Member

Aug 11, 2016
    I managed to beat it by going to the left immediately and unloading a middle charge I had from 5-1. Then going slowly from left and right with the occasional teleport from the most extreme sides. However 5-3 is a totally different ball game. You get attacked immediately with tracking turrets and at least 12 lasers.

Attached Files:

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I did it with Mist Star...

I had to go FAR BACK DOWN the screen on the previous stage and the start of 5-2 so that there are power orbs to pickup after i use the first Stun EMP. This allows me a second Stun EMP with enough range to stun BOTH lasers, which in turn allows me to destroy all 3 front turrets on the left side of the boss. This leaves the Rotary ones and the single laser on the right side to avoid which was more manageable. The next waves were relatively easy for Stun EMP to complete the stage.

Attached Files:

16. Zync

Zync Member

Aug 9, 2016
    Ya took me a couple of attempts with Trireme
    [​IMG]

and after almost an hour of playtime I was able to clear it with Proxymar
    [​IMG]

17. Sword_Art

Sword_Art Member

Aug 13, 2016
    awesome!!
    I can't wait to get more Philip~

18. Patashu

Wow, excellent job to all clearers!

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If you havent yet im pretty sure you will before the reset. You and Zync are among the best of us, the rest of us just trailing bahind. Hahahaha

20. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I think I'm starting to enter the realm of getting repeats of old ships :(