Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Thanks, just joined. IGN is Kamui_Pips

2. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    yaaaaaa, ill join another group, but the other glitch is just cheating and that just does not sound good to do.

3. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    How do you join a second community group?

4. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    What's a good ship to look for in the warp gate/buy? I don't want to spend my credits on upgrades for a ship that turns out to be not so good.

5. Leppelsin

Leppelsin New Member

Aug 9, 2016
    When one community-mission ends you can quit the group and enter another group. The idea was like that.

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    It's very subjective Nekko. It depends on so many things. How do you play? If you are offensive I'd go with the Trireme, Proxymar, or the aurora. If you are defensive I love the Jericho or Mist Star.

You also have the Geist which to me has a little of both worlds. I also like the Juggernaut. But the Geist has the best of both worlds for sure.

What type of player are you ?

Billy

7. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    I finally hit 16,600 5-1 on the daily! using the OGON. Ill beat a full wave run yet !!!! ::CURSE YOU BULLETS OF DEATH::

and just got the ATLAS dude this thing is a beast its got missles for aoe attack and a shield when you release off the screen!

8. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I guess I'm more of a defensive player. I'm not really sure. I enjoyed using the Trinity, Striker, and Shogun ships from the first game, if that helps.

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I recently got the Czar. It's not upgraded much but I can already tell it's a great defensive ship with stun emp and teleport if that's your thing. The veil is another good option. It's easy to use and nice defensively with the bullet emp but more balanced since it has the mega bomb. All my more rare ships are offense oriented.

10. Abzalon

Abzalon New Member

Hi guys,
    I joined the community. This game is really cool.
    I just hit #47 daily rank :) At level 3 only.

11. Liquidmark

Liquidmark Active Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Yeah, the czar is a wonderful defense ship. But to be #1, you need to complete really fast as well.

12. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Changed my rating back to five stars. In spite of its shortcomings the game is so good, it keeps me playing every day and spending more money on ships....

The love and care that went into the design of all the different vessels deserves the highest praise.

13. Zync

Zync Member

Aug 9, 2016
    Hey guys! New to the site and 'toucharcade' community. All I can say is I'm hook. Could use abit of improvement, but I trust Firi will make it better in future updates.

Favorite Ships:
    Trireme
    Proxymar
    Exo4239
    Buhloo

14. Patashu

Patashu Well-Known Member

Your times are sick, Zync :D Hope to see you around.

15. Zync

Zync Member

Aug 9, 2016
    Thanks Patashu! You got me playing Proxymar last community mission. Good luck on next daily mission!

16. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Yeah. Just got to the end with mist star. Not super fast but then I tried in ta community and did it there very next run there too.

Will save for an aggressive ship next. What a great game!

17. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Am I the only one who still hasn't reached wave 5? You guys are all speedrunning the damn thing.

18. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    #278 Selachii, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    Thanks and yes, Phoenix HD and Phoenix 2 are two different games that share some DNA. We do not plan to add an endless mode to Phoenix 2 but are looking in the direction of an extra mission with more acts :)

We have lots of plans, both long and short term. Something you guys will see soon(™) is more turrets and patterns. I saw some new Shuriken turrets come by earlier internally and we're also looking at our good old friend the Boomerang turret. We had it in but it was too hard, ruthless. It needs some tweaks before we'll equip enemies with them.

No plans for Apple TV.

Both of these things are being worked on.

Thank you <3

We're on it! :)

Thanks! :D

Definitely not the only one and you'll get there!

19. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Lol you trademarked soon. I actually loled at that. No endless? Come on! Well maybe down the road when the game matures you'll change your mind. As to the boomerang weapon I hated those lol. I'm happy to not see those yet!

What about the IAP and the credits structure? Can you adjust it? For people like myself that have spent a good amount of money I'd like to earn more credits while playing. I'd like more permanent purchases. I'd be willing to spend more if there were some permanent purchases.

Will there be more fighters?

Billy

20. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Definitely