Pharaoh - Solitaire Deckbuilder (Need Beta Testers)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BarkingDogInteractive, Jul 16, 2016.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    New art looks great!

I'd be happy to continue testing if you need people at this stage...

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i would also love to test it if possible...

3. MrTwip

MrTwip Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Any update on this one? Still very interested in this but haven't heard anything since May!

4. Thanks for your interest!

We're still getting the art done. As you can tell, it's going slowly, since our artist has a day job, but we're on the laaaaaast little bit! All the cards are done, and all that's left is the various UI stuff to finish up (notably, the end game animations).

I also want to go in and update the code a bit before release. I need to update to the latest version of Swift, and I need to go in and take care of some details that have emerged since we developed the first version, like hiding the swipe bar on the iPhone X. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a release sometime in early 2019 or maybe even late 2018.

AltsKev, Gwarmaxx and Pitta like this.
  5. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    great! i need to play this game :)

6. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I have been waiting for this for years. It’s going to look so great when it’s done!

7. Heh. Yeah, I'm getting anxious to get this out the door, too. The art I'm getting from the artist, while fantastic, is just taking a bit longer than we both had originally thought. Day jobs, what are you gonna do?

Sorry for the wait - I hope it ends up being worth it!

8. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    It definitely will! It’s going to be a mobile hit I can feel it.

9. Here's hoping!

10. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Just a thought...is the gameplay done?
    You could always release 1.0 now and then have a major update when the art is ready.
    I remember testing this way back and I didn’t mind the placeholder art at all. The game is so good and addicting.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  11. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

yeah, i thought the same thing, could be a good idea...

12. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Definitely a good idea!!

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  13. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    hey everyone, what happened to this gem?

14. We're still working on it! One of the many hazards of needing a day job to pay the bills is that your game projects don't move very fast. Sorry!

However, I now have about 99% of the art from my artist! We're finishing things up - right now, we're working on the "Ascension" animation that plays when you win the game. I'm super happy with the way the art is turning out! It's amazing what a difference good art makes.

Once I get these last little bits in and colorized, I'll be able to do the final push. My hope, barring unforeseen problems, is to get this game out sometime this summer. I realize people have been waiting for this one for a long time - I hope the wait turns out to be worth it for you!

One thing that might delay the game is the possibility of submitting it to Apple Arcade+. As a premium game, it's a candidate for that service, but my understanding is that for it to be accepted there, it would need to be playable on iPad and AppleTV as well as on iPhone, so that might incur some extra effort if it gets accepted there. For the most part, I don't think that would be too difficult to achieve, but it would require some screen layout work because the game is currently designed for portrait phone use, which of course is the exact wrong aspect ratio for a widescreen television. But it would be foolish of me not to submit the game for consideration, so we'll see.

Thanks for your continued interest!

15. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Can’t WAIT for this. I loved the game even back when it was first testing.

raravan and nickhoola like this.
  16. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    NEEEEEEEED this.

nickhoola likes this.
  17. So...a milestone!

All the line art is done for the game. The artist really knocked it out of the park - the art looks much better than anything I could have done myself! Most of the art is already colored, but there are still some big pieces left to color, most notably the ascension animation.

After that, there's still some coding I need to do on the game, but we're one step closer now!

vectorarchitekt and nickhoola like this.
  18. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
  19. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Man I’m dying for a new card game, and I keep thinking about this one....

20. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    oh no why on apple arcade ? i can buy this game 5 or 10$ but i won't pay apple arcade every months for just play 1 games...

Makara Nou likes this.