Phantasy Star Portable 2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Booch138, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Anyone played this yet, or currently is playing? I am trying to get some groups going for mad grinding. I am a Cast Hunter lvl 60. In game name is Booch138. Let me know if you wanna get down on playing.

ANd in other discussion, how do you like the game? Do you like 1 or 2 more? I am definitely liking 2 a hell of a lot more. This game is fantastic. Just takes a lot longer to get to the good weaps and stuff, which is how it should be.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I had Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast. Good times. I've been thinking about picking this up but wanted my friend to play too and he still hasn't dropped his money on a PSP.

Does the online work right out of the box or is it Ad-Hoc?

3. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    PSO single handedly devoured my pre-teen and teen years untill WoW came out. LOL that's all I played for a majority of my gaming. I was so hooked.

Yeah when you buy a new copy of the game it comes with a code that you redeem in the PSN store, once you do that, you recieve your "Little Wing License" and you are able to go online. It's PSO style if you played online on the DC. There is a "Universe" to choose from and then you select the game you want to hop into, or you can make your own. The only thing that differs is the absence of a lobby, where you can hang outside of the game terminal and BSOD people :rolleyes:

4. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Haha, ah man I used to do that. I had the Action Replay and got my health up to 32,000 or something crazy... I remember there was a limit and if your HP went above it you'd get stuck in a death cycle and you had to delete the character completely. So I'd make health items that went over the limit and dare people to take one ;)

5. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Me too dude! I had the gameshark disc though. It was kind of a f*cking pain to use but I got to walk through walls, create items to my will. Get to the lvl 100 in 3 kills. BSOD people's chars back to lvl 1 if they took their VMU out. LOL Of course I hacked after I was bored of the game. I will never forget running into this game with lvl 10 and unders running around in the Forest lvl and having my HuCast cast Grants on everyone and stealing their money and weapons. They kept saying "THATS NOT FAIR THATS NOT FAIR" LMAO no shit it's not. Ahhh the good ol days.

But yeah get PSP2. It is hack free though as far as I am concerned and I have layed a ton of online games so far. The rare weapon drop is interesting though. Some items specific to your class will show up but other can't see them, so people just don't yoink each other's shit they don't need. If there is more than one of the same class, it trades off and on. Really weird but meh.

6. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Sweet, I'll look into it then. Are the US and EU on different servers?

7. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Not as far as I am concerned. There is only 1 "Universe" to choose from atm. Played with a couple people who were on UK time so it must not be. Havn't played with any Japanese folks though.

8. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Ha, I knew it'd be your thread the second I saw the title...

I'll give the demo a shot. Gotta clear out some space on my memory stick and there's no way I'm deleting Resident Evil 2 or Symphony of the Night, meaning I gotta get rid of Gladiator Beginnings... Ah well, it looks and sounds like it's 100% worth it.

Does the demo have co-op with people who have the game? And how hard is it to find in stores, and how much did you pay for it?

9. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    hahahaha for sure man. I am a total whore for the Phantasy Star series. This is just another fantastic and well worth the money installment.

Definitely make room for the demo. The demo allows you to go up to level 20. While you can't play online with the demo, you can play single player and Ad-Hoc (play with someone in the same room as you). And I found it at my nearest GameStop (got the last copy) and paid the full price of admission ($40). And havn't regretted it at all. It's a blast, especially if you liked the first one. You can also import your character from the first one if you played it (I would suggest doing so and making a Vangaurd class, they get cool ass blue wings) then you can change your type at any time. You can also, like most demo's, import your demo made character to the full game if you decide to get it.

10. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I've never actually played a Phantasy Star game before, believe it or not. I'll give the demo a shot since it seemed like a pretty sick game, and if I like it, I'll pick up the full version sometime. I just don't have any money to spend at the moment, and I have some games I'm already set on getting (especially if I can find them *cough*Justice for All*cough*), otherwise I'd definitely pick it up.

11. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Wow never?! I started since Phantasy Star 2 for the old Sega Genesis. Been totally into it since, especially since Phantasy Star Online for the Dream Cast. That is still one of my top 3 favourite games of all time. If you like turn based games, pick up PS II for the iPhone. It's a great RPG.

Anyways, this is definitely a good one to start at. Theres a good amount of stuff to do and collect in the demo, so you have time to save up a little if you so decide to pick it up. I had to trade in some games for it, and consequently have to wait a week or 2 extra for Fallout: New Vegas >.<

12. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah... I know, a bit depressing that I've never played one before. Always intrigued me a bit, but I never really played them. I tried to give 3 a shot once, but I had some pretty hardcore gamer A.D.D., so I quit before I could make progress. Stupid, yes, but it was a while ago. I was also too stupid to jump on the sale for PS2 on the iPhone, sadly enough. Next time it's on sale, I'll make it a priority.

And yeah, next time I pick up my PSP, I'll make PSP2 a definite pick up. I can't bring myself to sell any of my games since I'm one who likes to go back and play old games every so often, and I've kicked myself for selling awesome games on more than one occasion (NFL Street, Battle for Bikini Bottom, assorted other games), so I'm trying to avoid that mistake again. I'll probably get money this Christmas, so if it's not all spent on an iDevice 4 or a 3DS, I'll try to get it. Then again, with a 3DS, I'm not sure what else I'd play.

13. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I h ear you dude. I've had a pretty gnarly case of gamer A.D.D. myself from time to time. i used to have a rule where I would not play any other game till I finished it when I was in my younger teen years. Since there has been a myriad of great games coming out for all the current systems though, it's been tough sticking with just one hahahaahah.

For sure man definitely pick it up and hit me up. I can power lvl you hahahah

14. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    It's all these multiplayer games! They're all making me go completely A.D.D. Ah well, I guess there's some benefit to my Xbox going RROD on me again... I'll be able to finally finish Final Fantasy X without interruptions from MW2 or anything like that. Plus, no interruptions from any other games for at least 2 weeks should be nice. I'd definitely have time to run through that game, if not MGS2 as well...

Y'know, I'm almost glad that my Xbox broke. Just gotta ship it off and actually focus on one game at a time in the meantime.