Universal Phantasy Star II (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I've given playing this the ol' college try after seeing someone on the front page mention that the virtual control UI covers vital gameplay elements and... I'm kind of blown away that Sega released this.

2. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    It would help if the D pad was bigger. I think the controls on the original iOS version were better but I don't think it's game breaking. Sega could definitely do better though.

3. ZeroVoid

ZeroVoid Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Do you have to rename your save file every time you save the game? Kind of annoying.

4. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Yeah that's a hold over from the original but you can also save anywhere with the new save option. Just tap the disc at the top right of the screen.

5. PeanutButter

PeanutButter Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Cool move by Sega. Something I'd like but that is pretty unlikely to happen would be Phantasy Star Online ported to mobile.

6. dingdongfootball

dingdongfootball Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Anyone else having issues with quick save? Just loaded a file and had old equipment I had sold a couple days ago and was lower levels but was in the same dungeon as when I did save. Pretty weird.

7. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    That would be fantastic! I easily put at 50+ hours in the Dreamcast version (I even bought a Dreamcast keyboard) and when the GameCube version released I put 50+ hours into it also.

I just really wish Sega would actually release PSO 2 over here at all. But, I know that's a pipe dream sadly.

8. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    The first game was on the Master System. And two through four were on the Mega Drive (Genesis)

9. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    A new/old Sega Forever game launched yesterday its Virtua Tennis already bought it so automatic unlock
    Does this mean we can expect more this week or is this the only one?

10. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I think they said just one this week. One more next week.

11. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Thanks Shaun
    There is no thread for Virtua Tennis so I posted that here
    I am fiending for something new from Square so I'm gonna be checking Japan App Store a lot this week figuring it's prolly time ha

12. ArtistWolf

ArtistWolf Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Is anyone able to play this at all anymore? I have discovered that all of my in-game save files were deleted, and the cloud saves crash the app. The game also cannot create new in-game save files, so I cannot start over even if I wanted to. It has rendered the game a total loss and unplayable.

13. johnstable

johnstable New Member

Nov 29, 2018
    Male
    Posting this here for anyone else that might have the issue with the saved games "freezing":

Randomly, after about 30 hrs of play, I hit a bug where my game was frozen. I'd exit the game, restart, etc, and nothing worked. Once I loaded y save file, the game would not do anything unless I held down the B button. I was SO SAD.

Today, I switched the graphics to Pixel Perfect, and a little "Start" button became visible at the bottom. Clicking it totally restored control of the game and fixed the freeze. I'm very excited to be able to play again!

squarezero likes this.
  14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Haven’t run into that problem yet, but thanks for the tip!