Universal [PH] Comix Zone (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Techzamazing

Techzamazing Well-Known Member

Old soft launch thread.

2. Techzamazing

#2 Techzamazing, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
  3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    99 dollars or 99 cents cuz you said dollars and I think you meant cents surely haha

4. Techzamazing

LMAO. Fixed.

5. MobileOnTapYT

MobileOnTapYT Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Little bit of gameplay from the first page. Awesome game, reminds me of my child hood spending hours playing similar style games.

6. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Okay since it's 99 cents and not 99 dollars I'm def down
    Can't wait to play this one again sure seems like I played it back in the day guess I will remember when I get to play it
    Does anyone know the date for the worldwide release

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    While downloading this i came across WWE Tap Mania. I tried making a thread twice from my ipad but it didnt make the thread. It would be great if anyone can make it. Thanks :)

And yeah, Comix Zone is a favorite of mine back in the day, pretty excited when i saw the google play news last week. Glad the iOS version came to PH first. Ahahahaa!

8. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Oh my god, this was my JAM!

9. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I've bought this dumb game many times before (I have the cartridge somewhere, I'm certain), but I like having old console games on my phone. I hope the whole lineup comes to the USA App Store.

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hopefully the reviews come out good. I remember being so crazy about this game when I was younger. I'll wait for the US release but this sounds like a great deal.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I am quite enjoying it. :)

The game is ad-supported free to play, but you have the option to purchase a premium setting. The difference is the location of the save file, and the ads.

For the add supported, it has ads in quite a few locations, but none of them hinder or interrupt gameplay. There is a banner at the bottom of the screen, full screen ads in between levels, and an interesting "watch an ad" to Save the game, and the game is saved into a game server.

For the premium fee of $1.99, all ads are removed. Also, your savefile will be stored locally, which is fantastic.

Better than Megaman controls. LOL... It does have its bad moments though, considering you need the diagonals to pull off some moves. Not the game's fault, just touchscreen lacking tactile elements of a physical controller, but overall the touch controls are not too bad. Best part, it has MFi support. At first i thought there wasnt a remap option, but there is a remap option in the game's options before you start a new game. Made the game exactly as i remembered it.

And as far as remembering it goes, i do remember how brutal the game was back in the day. Not brutal in a sense that you keep dying and repeating, but brutal in the game's design that you will lose life as you play the game, and healing items are rare. The difficulty is part of what made Comix Zone awesome, as you get that feeling of success everytime you complete stages.