Universal PewPew 2 (by Jean-Francois Geyelin)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jak56, May 6, 2010.

1. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    If you like the genre you really should own both. They certainly are at the top of my list. PewPew 2 is harder for me though to progress through it.

2. dxfan101010

dxfan101010 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Loved pewpew but never rembered to pick this up. Will get it when i get my next itunes card... eventually.

3. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    I have all these games reviewed by appspy bookmarked so I know i'll get them eventually :D

this including .

4. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

haha, great to see this topi bumped. this is definitely my favourite dual stick shooter aloneg with meteor blitz, and i've had the game from the very hour it was released :)

still play it every now and then, great for quick games here and then.

definitely one of the more difficult dual stick shooters though. it takes time and practice to get those medals= im still missing 3 gold medals.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    What's up with the crappy rating on the thread? Let's fix that. Favorite DSS as well. Finally remembered to buy it two days ago after someone in another thread reminded me of the game. Tons of fun and pretty much everything you can ask for from a DSS.

6. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

gah, just realised this got an update for 4.0, which means any future modes, i wont be able to play. this saddens me massively :(

7. Jyaif

Jyaif Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Male
    Independent game dev
    Paris, France
    #287 Jyaif, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
    I am very sorry, I tried making it work for 3.0 but I couldn't.
    I use Apple's example code for game center integration, but it crashes on 3.0. I wasted 2 full days trying to fix the crash. Believe me, I am not happy.

[edit: I'll try to ask other developers how they dealt with the problem, so all hope is not lost for 3.x owners]

8. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    Got a question , why OS 3.x instead of 4.x ?

And I tried survival for meteor blitz yesterday , it's much more fun than the other mode lol . Took a while for it to get a little hectic but maybe because I played the other version (rookie i think?) instead of pro .

9. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

sounds good. i understand gamecemter i cant use, but i still wanna play new modes you might make! :D

thanks for the effort :eek:

10. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    Congratulations for making this the most difficult DSS on the appstore esp. on hard :)

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Awesome new update just came out. It's been a while, sweet.

12. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #292 tops2, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    What's New in Version 1.8.3

-Huge new campaign.
    -3 new ships
    -Position and size of the joysticks can be customised

Awesome. This game deserves more attention. ;)
    Its amazing how you keep this game updated despite the game being so "old" by ios app standards. You, Raptisoft (Solomon's Keep/Boneyard, other games) and Lost Pixel (Frogatto) are my 3 favorite devs..always updating "old" games and such! =D

Repost from the PewPew 1 thread from me:
    To me, PewPew 1 & 2 the #1 space dual stick shooter, and tied for #1 if I include the other 3 of my favorite DSS. It has the perfect controls to me, and its totally customizable. The few levels of campaign I tried is fun. It actually feels like a campaign, and not the normal modes thrown together. The graphics isn't flashy to the point the action gets lost. And the difficulty can be nail biting hard, but not in the cheap death sort of way. Anyways, looking forward to completing the campaign on all 3 difficulties. =D

13. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    I still dont know why this isnt getting even more attention, its doing well on android though. :).

Maybe itll be in new and noteworthy :/.

14. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I agree. Its probably the "high" price and the high difficulty. But then, if the price was any lower, a lot of people may get it, then get 1 star reviews complaining about the difficulty or the "flashy" effects?

15. flameon

Jul 26, 2011
    Its not too difficult. The effects are fine like gwt, AND theyre RETINA enabled...

The demo, pewpew, is good enough to be a standalone game for $.99, but its free. I had no problem shelling out the 2.99 for this game.

I dont know, sometimes people are too cheap and should stick to JBing instead of ruining a developers credentials on the appstore...

16. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Finished the Easy campaign and struggling through the Normal compaign now. And I tried the hard campaign..and yeah, don't know if I'll ever be able to beat it. And the 3rd campaign..Wow! Especially the last set of missions before the showdown. =D

I've unlocked 6 of the 8 ships, but the achievement shows a possible 9th ship. What a tease. lol.. Do anyone know the effect of the different defense does on each ship? I thought 1 hit = 1 kill so defense shouldn't matter?

17. flameon

Jul 26, 2011
    I dunno what defense does either. ;)

I hope the 9th ship is the epilogue ship; the really cool one.

18. flameon

Jul 26, 2011
    So i got the 8th ship after messing around. :) the only game mode i hvent gotten a silver or gold in is assault :eek:.

The speed bonuses are really noticeable.

19. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Nice...I'm guessing when you get your last gold..maybe you'll unlock the mystery ship?

20. Jyaif

Jyaif Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Male
    Independent game dev
    Paris, France
    #300 Jyaif, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    I am really happy you guys like the 3rd campaign, I put a lot of work and love into it!

Ah, the 9th ship...
    I am afraid that it requires (among other things) completing the game 100% in hard ;-)

The "defense" is the number of bullets that is sent in every direction every time you get hit.

BTW, the top replay in Assault is made using the 9th ship, so you can see how it looks like :)