Universal PewDiePie: Legend of the Brofist (by Outerminds Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ann0ying, Sep 24, 2015.

1. newborn

newborn Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Me! Wow. He even has his own mobile game now. lol

2. iosgamer02

iosgamer02 Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Nice! Hope he makes a review of this soon! :D

3. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    For me this was fun game at times but very frustrating. I still have to beat the final level which is insane. I think overall is a well worth 5€ game.

4. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    So far this game has been really good! Some of the best pixel art that I've ever seen.

5. Grail

Grail Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Have to say, I've never been a fan of PewDiePie or his video style. I bought this game purely as a platformer to try and not let my bias get in the way and I'm glad I did. It's genuinely challenging on higher difficulties and while the controls aren't perfect it's certainly enjoyable. I've completed it all on at least hard difficulty and have all patch collectables. Bro or Pug difficulties are insane.

6. MathFan

MathFan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2014
    I am always on the look out for good platformers. This looks good since the comments indicate that the game appeals to fans and non-fans of pewdiepie.

Question. How long does it take to play through the entire game?

7. Grail

Grail Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Bare minimum to get a credits screen on easy all the way maybe two hours wouldn't be unreasonable if you were properly only going for completion time for a first play through. If you play on hard add a few more, "Bro" level a lot more and for a 100% complete.... May your soul find peace in another game.

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I agree. Some of the art and animations are simply award-worthy in and of themselves.

9. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    What's a PewDiePie? Is sounds like a name of a My Little Pony.

10. LukeT

LukeT Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Cloud save not working for me, saved to Cloud on iPad and the save doesnt show on iphone... Anyone had any problem like this?

11. MathFan

MathFan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. #

12. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I knew virtually nothing about pewdiepie going into this. I don't think I now anymore about him now.
    I can say this is probably the best Mario-esq platformer on the AppStore. It holds its own with games like Goblin Sword, project 83313, Mutant Mudds, or the LoE games. Platformers have always been one of my favourite genres.

I almost overlooked this one because of pewdiepie. The games I've seen TA mention alongside his name have generally looked terrible to me.

Thanks to MetalCasket and the other people that jumped in early and spoke highly of this. It deserved every bit of praise.

I'd suggest this to anyone who has any interest in platformers or supporting games that are fully IAP free. Even if it means pewdiepie gets some money out of it and you hate him. Seeing this in the top 20 grossing games shows that paid games can make their way into those spots and that's a good thing in my view.

13. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    I started following @outerminds (game devs) on Twitter and they posted that if you shake your phone while playing any character, they will begin to dance #

14. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    I've just tried this on my iPad mini and it does in fact work. Fantastic little Easter egg! I presume all the playable characters do a different dance as well? Another reason to love this game...

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    [​IMG]

[thread=271660][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271663][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271533][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271730][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271661][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271694][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271736][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271838][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271655][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271804][​IMG][/thread]

PewDiePie
    Legend of the Brofist

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

Sept 25th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

16. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Ha, that's funny....it really does (I used to merchandise for the company)

17. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Bought. Thanks TA community. ;)

18. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Missing a few patches that seem impossible. To find. Anyone have them all or a guide? Don't even see. One for level 2

19. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Like others have said, don't let pewdie being annoying out you off the game.

He's not my cup of tea but my daughter loves him so I knew I'd end up buying this eventually, I'd put off playing it because last week I bought several titles so jve on,y just got round to playing in the last few days. I love it, if you've never heard of the geezer you'll enjoy it, if you've heard of home but don't like him, you'll still enjoy it, and if you're a fan, like my daughter, then the game will feel just a little more magical and special than it did for me.

20. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Have to agree, this guy is a dbag, but outer minds killed this. Fabulous game and I actually love when I die, cuz I can hurt him. Well worth the cash