Universal PewDiePie: Legend of the Brofist (by Outerminds Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ann0ying, Sep 24, 2015.

1. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    #41 jpgold, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    How do you unlock the special abilities? Do you have to find them?

Meaning....do I have to go back and play earlier levels with the newly unlocked characters?

2. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I've been playing in Hard mode. Now I'm up to the snow boss fight. And geez--the subway level was crazy. I was nearly dead with only one heart left when I 'finished' the level.

3. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

Bro mode is hell! 3 hearts per injury and some more things fly at you (like meteors, barrels, etc)

4. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Forgot to add this, but I wish there could be a way to resize the buttons because they're so small on the iPad. Sometimes I find it much easier to use buttons because the joystick isn't always responsive.

5. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Okay, this game just made my day. I don't like PewDiePie's videos, but the game is stellar.

I suck so much with virtual buttons though... It's time to get a good controller.

6. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    So I picked this up because of the great reviews and yeah, it's legit.. One of the best platformers I've played.. Saw a video of this dude and wasn't a fan but this game is gold.. Easy to recommend for sure.. Enjoying it much more than adventures of pip which was the last platformer I purchased

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Exactly. No support from me either.

8. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Anyone found second patch on level 2 with the cars?

9. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  10. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    #50 Oats, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    I've only played the first few levels and I can say this game is a gem! Beautiful pixel art, and a lot of fun/strange things going on #
    The pixelation reminds me of river city ransom, but it plays more like Mario bros (jumping on baddies).
    The animal companions are hilarious, and I enjoy the auto "dig" mechanic when searching for stuff.
    I can confirm that this is MFi supported! Works with my steel series stratus #
    Good job devs!

11. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    thanks for the heads up on the mfi support. i will play the next levels with my stratus XL :D

12. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    How many of you never heard of this guy and bought it and liked it.

13. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Is this the game by cinnamontoastken? I love it ...I am cruising through on hard, bro difficulty is insanely hard.

14. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Wow this game is really fun! I really love the music too. Not a fan of him but a fan of this game.

15. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    +1 :) I also just saw the MFi support, so this game just took my GOTW spot.

16. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    You are missing out on what is legitimately one of the very best iOS games of the year with this stance. Best platformer of the year, there's not even a remotely close second. This dev is kicking the door down with this release.

17. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    My review . I do not know who this YouTube guy is so here is my legit review . I know it's hard finding a review that is honest.
    First is it worth the money yes .
    It basically is every genre in one. You have an adventure platform , runner, rpg, ect. Also it's a pixel game and that alone gives it some sort of value. Imo.
    Not knowing who these people are I don't get the humor in the dialog but I can tell they must be there catch phrases .
    The rpg element is fun and cool to find hidden areas and objects . Collect coins to upgrade and unlock items , characters, power ups , ect.
    I don't understand why the enemies are barrels . I assume again it's because I need to watch YouTube videos?
    Three difficulties to play the game. Controls are easy but sometimes annoying because your right side is jump and on the side for poeerups and I accidentally hit them constantly .
    4/5 stars . Definitely not game of the year like some of the fans of the youtubers are describing but definitely worth playing .

18. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I never thought I'd say this but PewDiePie on iOS...well, it kicks ass. :D

19. iSupah

iSupah Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    To the guys who not gonna buy just because they don't like PewDiePie, you all are just missing out. I understand you might not like him but don't let that get in the way of this awesome game. The story is goofy but the gameplay is insanely fun and refreshing. I wanted to go back to finish Adventures of Pip but I can't when this game is on my phone. It's just that good. I don't like PewDiePie videos myself but that's not stopping me from playing this awesome game. This game could have ended up lame as that Social Jumpers game but instead Pewds and the dev team made sure that this was a well-polished platformer from beginning to end. And it is. Buy it already :p

20. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    a
    g
    r
    e
    e
    d
    !