Universal PewDiePie: Legend of the Brofist (by Outerminds Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ann0ying, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Spent what was left of my monthly $25 Gift Card with SPL-T, Hopiko and this game here. And I want to play Blackwell 4 :'(

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #22 Qwertz555, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Oops, double post.

3. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Obviously there's a polarity on this person and i don't care (i don't even know all of them), but you might miss out on an outstanding game, pixel-, sound- and game-play wise. And oh, how lovely, this challenging diversity of the levels # Platformer here, shmup there...
    Reached the subway and omg, all these (well, some) famous and great drawn enemies...argh damn, died again, no walk in the park either.

The controls work great, but the character has its momentum to turn around. I never was a fan of that, and i always need quite some time to adjust to this circumstance. Soon.

Highly recommended for GAME lovers.

Btw, the Devs other game Tadpole Tap is an underestimated (and unknown?) highscore gem, imho.

4. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Trust me that's what I said at first too. I don't mean to be a "hater" or anything, I'm just not a fan of Pewdiepie or his videos at all. I half-reluctantly picked the game up after reading the strong positive feedback it's received so far, and after playing it, it's all 100% justified. The game is great. If Pewdiepie starring in it is the only thing that keeps you from playing it, that's a shame. You'd really be missing out on a great game.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Just for the record, when I used the term "legit", I meant ridiculously awesome...not "this is a legitimate game and not a fake". :p

6. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    #26 Oats, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    This game looks fun from the review and video they had earlier in the year.
    Can anyone tell me if it has MFi controller support? Or does it have pretty smooth controls?

7. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Is this Pewdiepie GO????

8. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I totally understand what you mean and I am surely very stupid in a way to stop myself from playing it. Don't misunderstand me, I don't hate that guy and I am not here to stop people to get that game. It's just that his videos are exactly what I don't want my son to watch and copy.
    But now talking about the game itself, after watching the long trailer and after muting the sound, it looks very good. So I would actually recommend people who can stand his comments and face to get it.

9. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Can't confirm at the moment whether or not the game has MFi controller support as I'm not near my controller to test, but I can confirm that the touch controls are buttery smooth and work fantastically.

10. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I think it's a little too small on iPhone 5s. I'll download on the iPad.

11. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Honestly probably one of the absolute best overall games on the AppStore, this developer needs to release more games on iOS!

12. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    OK, I don't watch Youtube videos much (I have no idea who these guys are but of course now I'm going to check them out) so I'm probably the perfect candidate for this game based on the comments. Based on Quertz' comment I downloaded the Tadpole Tap game and its really fun and the graphics are great.. So Im going to head for this one since nothing else is really grabbing me this week.

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Agreed. I don't know how long Outermind have been doing things on different platforms, but they've quickly shot up my list of the best devs on iOS. The game's fully featured and honestly shouldn't be selling under $15.

14. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    :eek: are you being cynical here ? I did not even know who pewdiepie was .. (sorry 40 + and not living the hype) but since he seems to to be such a hype and seemingly can do nothing wrong , I thought this would be a quick cash in ... so this game is really fantastic ??

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Yep. And everything metalcasket said it is.

16. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    I'm not a huge fan of Pewdiepie (tbh I'd never heard of him until this week, but from what I see of him his stuff isn't my sort of thing). ButI do like pixel art, and platformers, so I gave this a shot. And boy am I glad I did. Having a huge amount of fun with it so far and it's a surprisingly polished and 'complete' experience.

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Subway boss fight = One of the greatest things in gaming.

18. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    I've been playing that stage over and over....it's mad.

19. iSupah

iSupah Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Wow this is a gem. I don't watch PewDiePie but saw this was a platformer and had to get it. I'm happy I did. It's so fun and love how their are varieties in the level. Only on level 4 but my favorites have to be the jumping cars level and the aerial battle with the tank. Am I mad for playing all levels on hard instead of easy for my first playthrough? Oh man I don't even want to know how the bro difficulty will turn out to be..