Universal Perfection! 4 (working title) Return of my classic puzzler.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TrueBlou, Sep 17, 2016.

1. TrueBlou

TrueBlou Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Software Developer - witenoiz.com
    Scotland
    And the launch date is (provisionally) the 18th of May.
    Assuming Apple don't find something to complain about and no matter what I do they usually do, even if it's not an actual problem :rolleyes:

But with any luck even if they do whinge about something I'll have enough time to sort whatever stupid thing it is out before the 18th rolls around.

2. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland
    Ok, quick apology for anyone (or should that be the one of you :D) who's been patiently waiting on the game.
    There is a chance the launch may be delayed by a day or two. And I'm sorry it's because I'm stupidly, overly fussy. Can't help it, I'm a perfectionist (no pun intended :p) and believe it or not I do strive for that in my apps too.

While playing the game (yup I play my own game, why not it's a damn good puzzler and I love them) I noticed the possibility for a slight problem.
    If you've watched any of the videos you'll know there's a nice little floaty animated background.
    I discovered that under pretty specific circumstances the animation could suffer from the occasional stutter.

I know it's a small thing and it's unlikely anyone would do what was necessary for it to happen, but once I seen it I just couldn't let it go.

So I've reprogrammed the entire section of code responsible for the animation and not only is that fixed, I think it's better for it overall.

Best of all, the game is now even less demanding on the system. There is a low power option in the game, but now with the changes to the background animation and a couple of other tweaks, even in normal high power mode there's very little impact on the system. So you're battery life is hardly affected by playing the game.
    And I'm a weirdo when it comes to that, I think we should all consider the energy impact of our apps, battery life is important. To me anyway.

Anyhoo, there's still a decent chance the game will still make the release date. There's over a week until it hits so it's basically down to the reviewer at Apple.

I'll keep you posted.
    And sorry, that wasn't actually very quick at all. Bloody morphine, makes me ramble on something rotten :rolleyes:

3. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland
    #23 TrueBlou, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Quick update. It's time for me to clench my butt cheeks and get squeaky bum syndrome :D

The game has gone into review, so I should find out before too long if I've managed to do the impossible (for me it seems) and get everything right first time.

4. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland
    Well, after a rather frustrating event that according to my Apple Watch raised my heart rate by 32bpm (the wife wanted me to check as I was ranting and raving quite a bit) :D

The app review board took a look at the game a couple of hours after I requested them to and they approved it in quick fashion.
    So the release planned for next Thursday, the 18th of May will go ahead as planned.

If you're curious and because I'm always the honest and open type, the game was initially rejected because I had submitted in-app purchases for review, without providing the means to use any in-app purchases within the app itself. I'm paraphrasing slightly. As anyone who plays my games will know, I put them out for free, properly free, with the ability to "Buy me a coffee" as an in-app purchase if you like the game and want to support development.

So they wanted me to submit a new binary which included the ability to use an in-app purchase. Needless to say, there was literally nothing I could do to change what I'd already submitted, so off to the reviews board it went. Who obviously (from the amount of time it took them) took a passing glance at the game and wondered the same as me.

So what I was annoyed about is they clearly hadn't bothered to check, oh I don't know, the bloody button on the main screen! How in the name of.. no I'm not getting started again :D

5. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland
    #25 TrueBlou, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
    As we approach the release of the game, it's not too far off.
    The question is, does anyone want to get their hands on the game early?

Just reply to the thread and I'll hook you up with a promo code to download the game now. As I'm in a ridiculously good mood, thank you morphine :D I might just include a code to unlock the bonus games from the start too.

Edit:

Right, 20 hours is long enough to be awake, time to try sleeping. So here's a handful of codes to download the game in case anyone wants it while I'm hopefully dreaming of zombies. (So what if it's weird, I prefers nightmares over boring normal dreams, much more interesting :D)

ELT6FTT4YEKP
    JA3363ELY4WA
    YHEP3H6ERKMJ
    3F6FNYA36W67
    RK7RRKN4ATWH