Universal Perfect World Mobile (by Perfect World Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 4, 2019.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I played the original Perfect World for some time on my pc. It was one of the two mmorps that I played longer than 30 minutes (Guild Wars was the other and I ended up with over 1,000 hours spent playing that one). Perfect World was a good game as far as the combat was concerned but it only lasted for about 20 hours till I got bored.
    I just installed this game and played for about 3 hours. I was levelling up and gaining skills and equipment and being shafted all over the place. After 1 hour I skipped all the story lines because I had no interest (idea) in what was going on.
    For the next 2 hours I was still being given tutorial tips as more and more complexities and opportunities for purchasing iap’s were being offered to me.
    The crucial element for me, combat, however seems very lacking. You can just choose auto and everything is done for you. If you choose manual you pretty much just keep pounding the attack button and unleashing your skills as they power up. There is no tactical elements at play at all so far. The need for grinding has been negligent, due to all the exp you are given for doing meaningless “guests” and the only battles have been against so called “bosses”.
    It may well get better as time goes on but a game needs to grab you by the short and curlies early if it wants to have any chance to keep you there for the long haul.
    For me this game just doesn’t work and at a whopping 3gig+ it is too much of a harddrive hog to justify leaving it installed.