Universal Perfect Cell -by Mobigame (Universal App) [IMGA Winner]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 21, 2010.

1. P0tent1al

P0tent1al Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    European Account Manager
    United Kingdom
    #41 P0tent1al, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
    I was deliberating on buying a few titles with recent price drop, this turn up and everything else got forgotten!

Playing on the iPad, very crisp visuals, very smooth frame rate, responsive controls... Although I would prefer a system a little (or a lot) like SpirIt HD whereby it does not matter where you position your movement point on the screen, it controls the cell.

It seems you always have to keep your control very nearly the cell onscreen, but this is a minor issue. Played the first three levels and loving it so far.

Will write up more details in the morning, when I am not so tired! it's 2am here :)

2. Tommy_jr

Tommy_jr Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    This is for when you are controlling multiple cells at once

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Ok, here's my gameplay video (watch it in 1080p for best quality).

Sorry about the slight lag, it was due to my screen recorder, the game itself runs fine. And also there's no in game sound so I replaced it with music.

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks for posting the gameplay vid. Useful, man.

BTW, who is on the soundtrack you used and what is the name of the song?

5. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    The song is called "Return of the Starlight" by Woolfy vs. Projections (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lRjw21nbyI)

6. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #46 currymutton, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
    Thanks for the vid, most useful.

How long is the game? (I mean play time) I am thinking buying this instead of Chaos Ring...

7. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    No in game sound, or no in game music?

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Hard to tell how long it is at the moment. There 35 levels and the levels I've played so far have been about 2-3 minutes long. So probably about 1.5 hours.

Sorry, I worded that wrong. The app I used to record that footage doesn't record any sound so when I edited it, I added my own music.

The actual game has both sound effects and in-game music. Nice ambient electronic music. It fits the game perfectly.

9. He means his video recorder didn't capture the sound, so he just stuck a song overtop of it so it wasn't dead silence.

10. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Price complaint

Well, I'm not usually one to complain about app pricing, but I was really hoping this would be more expensive.

C'mon, it looks like Shadow Complex and plays like Spider meets Soul? By a developer who got thoroughly jacked, even though they released one of the best games on the platform? Then, just to rub salt in the wound, after they get EDGE back on the app store, they have the gall to support it with retina display support and make it universal so we could all enjoy it again on our shiny new iPhones and iPads?

Please, I was hoping for at least $7.99, but preferably $9.99. Ah well, guess I'll just wait for the inevitable price increase, which you know will happen, just so they can stick it to the early adopters who were unfortunate enough to have paid less. So typical. Sorry, I hate lashing out like this, but it needed to be said.

/off soapbox

11. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Had a couple of crashes on my ipod touch 4g. If I exit in the middle of the game, when I go back the game crashes and I have to start that level from the beginning. Can anyone else confirm this?

12. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    "What's his sarcasm level?"

"OVER 9000!"

Seriously though, I applaud you for the well thought out post.

13. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    LOL. Someone had to do it.

14. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    The game runs fine on my iPhone 4. Try rebooting and clearing the multitasking bar if you haven't already done so.

15. I haven't played it yet (half an hour to go before it arrives in the EST zone) but this site needs a +1 or "like" button or some damn thing.

16. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks. That fixed it.

17. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Great little preview http://www.touchgen.net/perfect-cell-preview

Looks like you can actually play through the whole game without killing at all.
    That might be a bit too stealth-y for me but it sounds like a pretty cool concept.

Can't wait to hear some more impressions!

18. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Should be out in everywhere now!

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Looks like a gory version of Shadow Complex (a game I love), but with all the big releases lately, not sure if I can part with another $6. Will wait for more impressions.

20. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Thanks to LBG for the video and bravo djflippy! Getting this when I get home tonight.