Universal Perfect Cell -by Mobigame (Universal App) [IMGA Winner]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 21, 2010.

1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I've been looking foward to this, but for $6, I think I'll wait for a sale.

2. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    SO you can buy Aralon, NOVA 2 etc for $7 but not this for $6?

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    The reason I'm gonna wait is cause I'm low on iTunes money.

4. diffusion8r

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Fair enough I guess. This does look like it'll possibly be better than NOVA, definitely Aralon.

5. MrStayPuft

MrStayPuft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    Must buy this game tonight! This game looks awesome.

I swear the last 2 weeks I got enough games released to last me all 2011. actually wait, I really want Dead Space when that comes out too!

6. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Played through first 7 levels. It has an atmosphere similar to Soul and a game mechanic similar to Spider. So far I encountered scientists and gunmen. You can kill them by doing a "dash" at them, you move by holding your finger in front of the cell in the direction you want to go. Controls are excellent, btw. You also need to avoid lasers and steam escaping from pipes. You move through levels by activating switches and "dashing" through glass and thin walls. If you don't move you become invisible.
    So far levels have not been difficult. I also hope that the game is going to get more interesting than more complex puzzles. There is a sort of a story happening in the background, and hopefully it will develop as I progress. This also reminded me of Spider. Your only concern is to escape, but something is happening in the human world that is none of your business and yet you can't help to try and piece together what's going on. One thing that is not clear to me is whether I am supposed to kill the humans or not. I got an achievement for not killing anyone on a level, but after each level you get a tally of humans killed as opposed to total number of humans on the level. Are you supposed to kill them all or avoid detection as much as possible? Or may be it really doesn't matter...
    Graphics look wonderful on iPod Touch 4G and the game runs like a dream.
    I'll keep playing and see how I go.

7. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I haven't tried it yet, but, like eugekava said, it seems like a blend of Soul and Spider. It definitely looks interesting.

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
  9. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Very similar first impressions to eugekava, after having played through a handful of levels myself. The game is interesting, atmospheric and well put together. The thing that concerns me, is how much variety there is in store. This strikes me as the type of game that could be awesome if there are different abilities and gameplay elements unlocked as you go (ala Metroid.) However, I get the feeling that that isn't going to happen. I hope I'm wrong, as that would be a shame and huge potential wasted. Will see what happens as I get further along. For now, a promising beginning.

10. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I heard that the Perfect Cell trademark is owned by Lim Tangdel.

11. Definitely gonna grab this when it comes out. Looks engaging and atmospheric, and the universal binary doesn't hurt either -- looks like an ideal game for iPad.

12. diffusion8r

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    @Gabrien from the touchgen preview it seems like you do get different abilities, one specific one being the ability to, like in the trailer draw a path that the squid can then cut through.

13. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I've played the first couple levels now and so far it's been great! Nice graphics which look good on the retina display. Excellent controls with smooth movement and killing humans is very fun, almost sadistic. It feels very satisfying, swiping your alien into humans and watching them fly back, limbs flailing. I'm not sure how long this game is going to be, but the gameplay is superb.

14. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Is there any replay value?

15. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Good question! I want to know that due to the price tag. Also, any stealth involved?

16. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yes, I think there's decent replay value. At the end of each level you are scored on how many humans you kiled. Sometimes you will miss a human, so you have a good reason to go back and play levels. Besides, they're fun enough that I know I'd want to replay them anyway.

Plenty of stealth. If the whole game is like the first 3 levels then it's pretty much all stealth (unless you screw up). It's usually best to sneak up behind enemies and kill them from behind. There are also CCTV cameras that you can avoid. You can smash through glass/blockages in pipes, you have to avoid laser beams which harm you, there's leaking steam which blows you in different directions and there's buttons which you can press to unlock doors/lifts etc. So far there have been tons of gameplay elements and it's been really good fun.

17. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Thanks for the answers! What is the OS requirement and is there a level selection screen?

18. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh well, thank you! Sounds like a very polished and intelligent game indeed (as I recall someone says stealth game was impossible on iOS long time ago). I may be asking too much but a video would be nice.

19. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    OS 3.0 and above, and yes there's a level selection screen.

I've actually just finished recording a gameplay video. It'll probably take me about 30 minutes to edit and upload it, but I'll post it here once it's done.

20. Tommy_jr

Tommy_jr Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    The game is fantastic!! Just the art work is incredible the background changes depending on your point of view it is just beautiful on retina display an the fact that it is universal is a big plus. The gameplay is fun and there is a lot of stealth involved and is really difficult to beat the level without killing anyone and the ai of the soldiers is really good