Perfect Balance: Inferno (more physics balancing for iPhone & iPod Touch)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ttursas, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Awesomeness!!

There has been an avalanche of great games recently but I'm still looking forward to Harmony level updates and Inferno's release :D

Keep us informed!! :D

2. Didn't see that video earlier -- damn! That's looking like it'll be challenging. Can't wait. :D

Tried the editor briefly. Takes a bit of getting used to but it's cool! Definitely some fun on the horizon...

3. ttursas

ttursas Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Finally we got it done! I submitted the Harmony update to Apple about 15 minutes ago! Should be out in a week, if everything goes well! ;)

Inferno is still "In Review", but I heard you guys have national holidays now, but tomorrow (Tuesday) should be a normal work day? Hurry up Apple! ;)

Also check out our cool new website: http://www.ttursas.com - all thanks to Jyri for the hard work on that!

4. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Yay, looking forward to it :D

5. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Let's hope Inferno's not too scary for Apple. XD

We have received something like seven flash levels and one iPhone level from the users to far, so it's going to take a while before Harmony iPhone gets another update. Fortunately me and Jyri have already done some brand new ones... ;)

6. Let's hope Apple doesn't find something obscure wrong with it and reject it on silly grounds. :)

I think it might take a bit of time for everyone to get used to the level editor and design some good ones. Give it a week or two before expecting to see levels roll in. If I had the time I'd have a crack at a few myself.

7. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Well, there must be something not right, because the game's status is still "In Review" at Apple. Is this guy reviewing the game? I hope not...

http://daringfireball.net/2009/05/diary_of_an_app_store_reviewer

Also Harmony's updates are in the queue... Summer time at Apple?

Attached Files:

8. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Come on, Apple, WTF? We've been waiting so long :mad:

9. #49 Mindfield, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
    I hope not. I'm anxious to try this out. Both that and the Harmony update as far as that goes, but Inferno in particular.

Maybe they're just addicted to it and don't want to greenlight it until they've passed all the levels. :)

By the way -- that diary of an app store reviewer, that has to be taking the piss, doesn't it? As much as I see lots of inconsistencies in Apple's review process, there couldn't possibly be douchebags that big on the other side of the curtain...

10. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    you know what "satire" is, don't you?

btw....funny read, nicely written^^

11. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    How long after the Harmony update was Inferno submitted?

I cant wait for some Inferno action.... :D

12. In typically unpredictable Apple fashion, Inferno was submitted before the Harmony update.

Of course, I just didn't know if the article was intended that way, since there was no context to go by. As a piece of satire it's quite funny, though. :)

13. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    True, I submitted Harmony update seven days after submitting Inferno... Apple, come on!

And I really hope the article was 100% satire. XD

14. The sad part is that Apple's vetting process is so all over the map that such an article really could resemble something like what goes on there for all we know.

Hey, keep things secretive like that and people will inevitably start coming up with the worst possible scenarios. It's what we do. :)

15. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland