Perfect Balance: Inferno (more physics balancing for iPhone & iPod Touch)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ttursas, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttursas

ttursas Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    #1 ttursas, May 9, 2009
    Last edited: May 11, 2009
    Hi!

The second Perfect Balance game for iPhone called "Perfect Balance: Inferno" is almost ready. It has 120 totally new levels, never seen before in any of the Perfect Balance games, and new elements (not just new shapes, but new gameplay elements). We still need to finalize the graphics, the ending, and reorder the levels, so the game should be out in two weeks or sooner. Will also cost the same 0.99$ that Harmony costs. ;)

For more info, news and the flash version of the game, please check out our www-site: http://www.ttursas.com

We'll also update Harmony right after Inferno is submitted to Apple, so don't worry about that. ;) And here are some work-in-progress teaser pictures...

If you haven't tried out Harmony yet, here's a link to the Lite version on App Store:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=314131280&mt=8

Attached Files:

2. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Instant purchase.
    Harmony was a huge pleasure to finish...
    Congrats.

3. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Looks great!

Where's the blood from the online version though?

I enjoyed Harmony so this on should be awesome, I can't wait! :D

4. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    :D Thanks! I'm sure you'll like Inferno as the levels are harder and more varied. ;)

5. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    :D Oh yes, there will be blood, and something else nasty that's not in the flash version. The iPhone Inferno will also be scarier than the flash Inferno... ;) And the future updates will bring more horror!

6. Oh wow, this looks most excellent. Definitely looking forward to this one now. 40 more levels than Harmony, new game elements ... my productivity is going to go right down the crapper. :)

7. sisret66

sisret66 Member

May 2, 2009
    YES!!! Great news indeed! :)
    I hope there's still bonus game in Inferno! I completed all 80 Harmony levels in a couple of days but now I've been playing the bonus ball mode since then and my total is 482 at the moment. Would be nice to hear results from the other players. Some kind of global scoreboard would be cool too!

8. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Sorry about that. ;) And if we manage, we'll add more levels via updates, to both Harmony and Inferno, later. :D

Also, I'm not sure about this idea, just came into my mind, but we have a level editor written in flash that we use to create flash and iPhone levels. Would there be any point in releasing the editor as a free tool, and people could send us their levels, and we'd make level packs out of the best levels? What do you guys think about this?

9. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Let's say Inferno has all the things Harmony has, but only more and better. XD

482 is an awesome score! Congrats! ;) My score is much less, but then again I've spent most of my free time working on Inferno... ;)

If we manage to do a global scoreboard, then we'll do it! Sounds like a great idea! But before that we'll add another scoring system to Harmony and Inferno via updates. Just need some time to figure out the best way to do it...

10. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    ab-so-lute-ly!!! :) :) :)

11. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    XD I just talked with Jyri, and we'll release the editor next week. Just need to fix some bugs, write better instructions and add nicer graphics. But I'll keep you guys posted. :)

12. No you're not. :D

How would this effect those who completed all of the original levels? Will we still have bonus balls enabled and just new levels to explore, or will scores be reset?

That's a silly question. Everyone loves making levels! :D Will created levels be compiled into a new user-contributed Perfect Balance game, or will existing games be given a download-and-play custom levels feature?

13. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Sounds awesome!

14. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    If possible, I'm not 100% sure how iPhone and the updates work, but I'll try to make it so that no-one loses their savefiles & progress. If you have completed the game and we add more levels, you still have diamond mode unlocked, but those new levels are just locked. I'll make the save file loader smart enough to handle old versions. ;)

About level making, everyone or is that 10 people out of 10.000? XD Anyway, if people send us enough good flash levels (they'll be bigger) we'll create a new flash game out of them. If people send us good iPhone levels we'll just add them to Harmony via updates. Download-and-play, ingame, would be too laborous to create and support at this point, plus we want to keep the quality high. ;)

Let's see how people send us those great levels. ;) If we get enough, we'll also release Inferno editor as well. And you can always send your own levels to your friend via email as the save file format is ASCII and you actually save via system clipboard (copy paste). :D

15. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    harmony was a great little game and this is probably an instant buy for me. try to make a nice relaxing soundtrack and i'm in.

16. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    :D Ummm... Inferno will feature a scary horror soundtrack, so this might not be your cup of tea. ;(

17. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    We are still tweaking the levels and gfx and audio, because we want this to be the best Perfect Balance game ever. XD And we already have 5 new levels to add to Harmony, so the next Harmony update will feature at least 10 new levels, perhaps 20.

Hopefully we'll get Inferno done by Friday. Really. Really. ;) Lots of small things to do, and so little free time to do them... Anyway, the end is near! And if it happens that Inferno will flop because of its horror theme, we'll just reskin the game and release it as Perfect Balance: Paradise. XD

Also right after Inferno is done I'll tune the Harmony editor and release it. Should still be out this week, latest on Sunday.

18. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Cool!!! Looking forward to Inferno and all the updates :D

19. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?