Universal PepeLine Adventures (Sequel by Chundos Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TurboWheels, Dec 6, 2017.

1. TurboWheels

TurboWheels Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2015
    Dear gaymerX, a new 1.0.3 version is available, could you please update the game and confirm if this time everything is ok. Thanks!!!

2. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #22 y2kmp3, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    I have now completed the first island consisting of Stages A to D.

So far, I am very impressed with this iteration of the series. It improves all of the core game mechanics of the original and corrects much of the shortcomings in that game. The puzzles are now a lot more challenging (without being unfair). The difficulty level is a bit uneven from puzzle to puzzle, though I suspect that this is intentional so to give a bit of breathing room to the player to prevent relentless frustration. Some of the puzzles are quite clever. The tile sliding mechanic is a lot more polished than that used in the original game, in large part owing to the elimination of empty spaces in the grid which previously often made the puzzles trivial to solve.

There are plenty of opportunities to earn metals by solving a level under par. As stated in my previous post, I was a bit worried that the par values for the puzzles may be unfairly tight because they were found algorithmically. At least for now, my worry is largely unfounded. The developer is wise to limit the number of moves needed to solve a level. This keeps the levels short and clever rather than making them tedious.

I am enjoying the game very much so far. It builds on the original PepeLine and improves in all aspects of the game mechanics and puzzle experience. The only caveat is that the puzzles themselves can get derivative and repetitive at times, especially given the large number of levels to solve.

PS: For the first island (Stage A to Stage D), I found a total of 12 underpar solutions. TurboWheels, how many of these underpar solutions are know to you?

3. TurboWheels

Jan 28, 2015
    Dear y2kmp3,

Thank you very much for such a detailed and positive review.

By the way, you've probably seen the daily challenge mode. Very soon we'll have 24 hours flash contests in random days with amazing prizes, so keep in touch. ;)

4. TurboWheels

Jan 28, 2015
    Promo Codes

Some extra promo codes for those who do not have the game yet.

FH3W6996PEFL
    HEXFF676E994
    H4R64FNAYR6A
    HYLJKRMAL9PT
    YF3Y6LE73RN9
    7WL3NMYM7JX6
    767RWXLNX4J9
    K3HL4YHTMERF

Keep in touch, because even promo code downloads will participate in the contest. Very soon...

P.S. iPhone X users please confirm that UI fits correctly in the last version.

5. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    It’s working great on iPhone X. No more issues. All the menus look perfect now.

6. TurboWheels

Jan 28, 2015
    Excellent, thanks a lot for your support. Greetings!!! :D

7. TurboWheels

Jan 28, 2015
    Merry Christmas

# PepeLine Adventures goes FREE only this WEEKEND. Pepe & Line wish you a Merry Christmas!!! # # #

8. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #28 y2kmp3, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Finished game (see screenshot). All 256 levels. 4 islands. 16 stages. All 3 stars (768 stars). 72 medals (all from underpar solutions).

[​IMG]

Greatly enjoyed the game. Quite a few very tricky puzzles. Found a lot of underpar solutions, some of which were solved with many fewer moves than stock solutions (such as M-13). Love to hear the developer's feedback about these underpar solutions.

Congrats, TurboWheels, on releasing a great sequel!