Universal Penumbear - (by Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Agree with everyone that this is an incredible game.

I just can't for the life of me make the jump in the photo (from the level "Elevator"). Is there a certain skill involved in double jumping? I've tried almost every timing on this jump that there is. I assume you jump on the lower ledge and then up to the passageway, possibly leading to a gold firefly. Would appreciate any insight.

[​IMG]

2. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    #62 Biggavelli, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    This game is quite beautifully done.Its on my short list for game of the week.I just wish I was better at it.The second level I can only achieve getting 2 out of the 4 bears,pathetic lol.

Finally figured it out, 4of4 tricky

3. AMAZING!!! FREAK'N AMAZING!!!!! :cool:

Attached Files:

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woot! Now... I guess I can put this out there since its coming out tomorrow... But I've had DU2 for the last week, and I'm pretty sure this is getting my GOTW vote. This definitely has the potential to wind up in my top 10 GOTY titles. I. LOVE. THIS. GAME!

5. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Absolutely one of my favorite games..you will be amazed at how tough the levels get, and how rewarding each one will be to complete!
    If you like it please help spread the word :)

6. Wow I'm dead tired right now but I can't stop playing this game. A work of art - will gift it to my mom as well to try to get her off her "Dragon Story/Tap Fish" beat ;)

Be proud of this game - it's something special. You got my vote for GOTW.

7. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Yeah Its come around to be my fav in a very great week. I had some bad news with my fam at hospital this week but this game kept me company and it cheered my son and I up. Thanks to the devs and to all the shadows hurt in this game:)

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Generally I'm not that into platformers but I just bought this and played almost non stop for 2 hours.
    I still suck at it, but it's really something special.

Two things tough:

1) iCloud sync doesn't seem to work...is it working for anyone else?

2) No device rotation (which is a strange omission considering the level of polish of the game).

Other than that (and the fact I suck at the game...can't find many of those damn teddy bears :p) it's really well done.

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    It's pretty upsetting that this game didn't make it onto Apple's N&N list... Really hope it gets more attention.

10. tacograveyardllc

tacograveyardllc Active Member

Jan 10, 2012
    iOS Developer
    Both logged, we are working on an update to address this. (They won't be fixed in 1.0.1 which was already submitted, but will be in 1.1)

We were totally bummed about that. It got added in a few countries but not the US. We are hoping the word gets out and they take a second look.

Sorry to hear about the bad news. :( Hope everything turns out well! I'm really glad we could provide at least a small bright spot for your family.

;)

I really appreciate all the feedback here and the reviews in the app store, it means a lot! Thanks guys!

11. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    How good is this on touch 4?

12. Llamaentity

Llamaentity Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Agreed, it is a polished game with tons of content, achievements, and excellent production values. Really wish it would have made it onto their list. I hope word of mouth can help this game get lots of sales, this game deserves it!

13. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    @tacograveyard

What special bear is located in the "Temple Run" level? When I finished the level with it, the game crashed and I'm not sure if the achievement unlocked or not. Thanks in advance :)

14. WooHooII

WooHooII Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I had the same problem with the Spelunky bear (the game crashed and didn't award the achievement). Normally I'd suggest collecting it again, since that worked for the Spelunky achievement, but I just collected the bear in the Temple Run level and it didn't give me anything. It looks like it should be a special bear, but I'm not sure it's associated with an achievement at all.

15. sortvind

sortvind Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    amazing game!
    this should be editors choice for sure.

16. tacograveyardllc

tacograveyardllc Active Member

Jan 10, 2012
    iOS Developer
    The "tomb raider" bear is in that level.

Something funky is going on with the achievements, I'm looking into it now. I'll make sure that in the patch if you have collected the special bear (and it saved the progress) then you will automatically be awarded the achievement.

17. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Ah, so it's 1 of the 4 secret achievements.

Thanks! It didn't unlock for me either. Maybe it has something to do with being a secret one. Haven't had any problems so far with the other ones (except all the individual "bundle" achievements unlocking upon collecting the first bear, but someone already mentioned that).

18. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Am I the only one that thinks this game could benefit from checkpoints?

19. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    There are checkpoints. They save your flies but not your collected bears

20. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    BulkyPix has a way of taking these games and ruining them with ads and IAP. Fool me once...