Peggle -- are the high scores real?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by skyfein, Nov 23, 2010.

1. skyfein

skyfein New Member

May 24, 2010
    I play Peggle on iPhone. Love it. Addicted, but that's another story. Here's my question: what do the high scores mean?

If I play a single level (in quick play mode), it often shows that I have nearly all of the top scores on that level.

But wait. I gave the game to my boyfriend and he played a level, and BAM, *HE* placed in the top 5 scores, just like that. And trust me, he wasn't that good. :p

There must be tens of thousands of people playing this game on the iPhone, maybe more.

So, either I'm an incredible Peggle ace, so good even *I* don't know how good I am, or there's something fishy about the top scores. Maybe they don't update live? Maybe the "top" scores are frozen in your copy of Peggle when you download the game? Any ideas? What gives?

2. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    The scores are built into the game as challenges to beat. When you get the #1 score, you get an "Ace" achievement on that level. They're not actual top scores.

Wrong section btw. This should be under "General Game Discussion and Questions".

3. skyfein

skyfein New Member

May 24, 2010
    Thanks

Sorry about posting to the wrong section.

And thanks for clarifying that the "top scores" (as the game calls them) are not the... top scores.

Mystery cleared up!