Peep Show is out!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by BlazingLizard, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Walker33

Walker33 Well-Known Member

this is a new low really, and what is with that 9+ rating?

2. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Amazing since worthwhile apps such as Zen Bound and Sway took forever to approve, and we're still waiting for LightRider.

3. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    What's with that rating? At this point, we may as well go back to PG, PG-13, and R because those weren't enforceable either.

4. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    The icon is sweet... I'll get it when it drops to $0.99 for a day, and leave a nice little review!

5. BlazingLizard

BlazingLizard Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Game Development
    Austin, TX
    It's already 0.99 and will stay that way forever no matter how many updates we do! This app is for the faithful and supporting fans (of beautiful women)!

6. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    This will be my last post in this thread.
    I'm a huge fan of women in general, in all shapes and sizes to be honest. But I'm definitely not a faithful supporter of garbage apps.
    I like my app store, I like my games, but I HATE rip-off schemes. Try something original...you know, like programing a game that takes some thought as opposed to making money off pictures you yourself have found on the internet. Don't tell me these ladies came to your photography studio for this.
    I will no longer be following this thread and wasting my time.
    Have a nice day! ;)

7. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    We'll see... I mean people could get the same thing for free just going to Safari... There are dozens of websites with umm 'racier' content than your app for free.. I'll be very interested to see the response to this app, as it may say something about web use vs. app use. Well regardless, good luck, and i'll be interested to see where this goes

8. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    hehe!!

9. I don't think BlazingLizard is quite comprehending the comments being made here. It's like there are these words but their import is curiously unfamiliar, as if they almost weren't ... nice. How weird is that? Who wouldn't be nice to an app that has pictures of beautiful women wrapped up in a contrived "game" in an attempt to give it some loftier purpose than being an excuse to show off pictures of babes? [Wallace Shawn] Inconceivable! [/Wallace Shawn]

10. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    I look at this app more as an experiment in male behavioral psychology.

Much as in Richard Connell's "The Most Dangerous Game", a hunter enjoys a long challenge in catching its prey, as long as there is indeed a chance of ultimately achieving the kill. If this were simply an app that showed pretty women, I think it would do less well than its current presentation of presenting some measure of challenge and incremental advances/retreats before the user ultimately achieves the desired goal.

Time will tell...

11. plaidman

plaidman Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Guys, give it a chance! When you shake it a few times to reveal more of the image, you'll see that it really is a peep show.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Mmmm delicious peeps.

12. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    the dev aughta throw in some authentic sticky floor sounds...

13. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    eeeewwwwww.......

14. Never ascribe to psychology that which can be adequately explained by hormones.

(With apologies to Oscar Wilde)

15. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    *sighs

Why is this on the game forum?

And why do otherwise very intelligent and sharp toucharcade.com forum members insist on not only calling this a game, but comparing it to actual games on this platform?

Let's get this straight once again:

THIS IS NOT A GAME. IT DOES NOT BELONG ON THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS. IT BELONGS IN THE APP FORUM.

Here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

As for all you members that keep on calling this a game, and going on about iFart and whatnot as you have done in the past and using that in debates over the quality of the GAMES, once again:

iFart, Peep Show, etc. are NOT games. They are entertainment apps. Separate section of the store, separate section of the market. Bringing up those entertainment apps in your railings against the quality of games on the platform is like bringing up something like, say, MS Paint on your PC as "proof" of crappy Windows PC games. It's silly. You notice that no one brings up the productivity or utility apps when discussing the state of games in the App Store. So why bring up entertainment apps?

And, again, why is a topic about this entertainment app even on the Games forum?

Remove this and put it where it squarely belongs: the App forum.

:mad::mad::mad:

16. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    i agree with you completly.
    oh, and pocket god is an "entertainment" app too.

17. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Any clear bikinis?

18. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Male
    Product Designer/Mobile Game Developer
    PA, USA
    and just as quickly ANOTHER app hits the stores just for you pervs:

iVanish
    http://appshopper.com/entertainment/ivanish

[​IMG]

19. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Pocket God is a "god game" (a subgenre of sim games) from what I can tell. Haven't played it yet though.

20. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    *considers making an app with pictures of Erte sculptures...*