PC Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Infinity89, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Also what are the good places to buy good steam games for less?

2. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Humble bundles, steam sales, green machine gaming. Just make sure steam keys are listed.

3. Zerodactyl

Zerodactyl Well-Known Member

Indie Gala is also a good place to buy cheap games, but indie ones.

4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Well the first two are quite different although based in the same post nuclear war kind of world I will say they are still fun but they are top down rpgs in almost a kind of Zelda style, I'd say skip straight to 3 or New Vegas which both have their own story arcs, New Vegas is the newest and I think has a better main story it's the first one I played.

5. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    So which one first New Vegas or Fallout 3. Also I see 4 is coming in November.

6. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Either they both self contained stories and you play a different character in each, the stories don't overlap I think New Vegas is a bit better but people argue that either way.

Release Order if you prefer that is Fallout 3 then New Vegas.

You seem to share my love of strategy games I was looking at Homeworld remastered myself not sure whether to give it a shot or not but your post with it along with other games I like pushed me into buying it. Played the first Homeworld remastered there for a few hours it isn't bad I quite like the plotline I'll likely keep playing through it and the second.

7. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Has anybody played Mad Max? I found this site G2A and they are offering it for 19.11$. I think the site is legit.
    Anyone used it before?

8. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I find Relic were/are usually really good with their RTS's, they bring strategy into a genre which can sometimes be all about unit rush. It is a bit dated in some respects but the persistent unit building and resource gathering makes it worthwhile exploring maps properly before leaving and there is an incentive to looking after your ships. Found a lot of stuff you're not told though, it just becomes apparent as you play which is symptomatic of the originals age.

9. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Reviews range from below average to good average, voice acting puts me off and gameplay looks a bit checklist designer. But environments look nice and player models look fine. I've never used G2A but it's been around for years, I know people that use it occasionally but I haven't trusted it enough to use it (no real reason).

Greenmangaming is a good site to check out.

10. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    The strange thing is Mad Max and MGSV came almost together, there is no offer for MGSV but you can find a lot of discounts on Mad Max.

11. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    Anyone a fan of Elite Dangerous? I got a new gaming PC (well, cheap off Craigslist) to play it but have yet to be motivated to get past the training missions :)

Also playing Skyrim again - the other reason why I upgraded to play everything at max settings. Looks beautiful. Ahhhh!

12. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Does anybody have steam games up for trade?

13. Zerodactyl

I have a copy of Gun Monkeys lying in my inventory.

14. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Dues Ex Human Revelation Director's Cut is on sale for 3.99$.

15. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    Nice! Got the complete collection @ 80% off, plus a bit off cos have the original Human Revolution.

16. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    I just went to buy Dark Souls on Greenman gaming and they are out of stock. Any idea when they stock up? I mean how much long does it take?

17. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Anybody know when do Greenman Gaming change there VIP bundles?

18. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Random question to PC gamers, how can I play games on PC using the DualShock 4 controller?

19. Zerodactyl

It should have the instructions here:
    http://mobile.pcmag.com/news/38151-how-to-use-a-ps4-dualshock-4-controller-on-a-pc?origref=

It's a lot easier to use Xbox controllers on Steam and PC.

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Just as a reminder: the Humble Store End Of Summer Sale is still going on.
    Buy some games and support charity.
    Humble Bundle and Humble Store constantly feature some good deals, so it's worth to check it from time to time.