iPad Payback or Lets golf

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mookie32155, Mar 22, 2009.

?

what game should i buy

1. Payback

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Lets golf

30 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. mookie32155

mookie32155 Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    I know everyone hates these threads and that i should do my research and there is a search button, but i would like to get the opinion of people who have played both and the pros and cons of each and which one you suggest i buy.

2. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Hmm, well they're both different games. I've played both and personally, I like Let's Golf more because I like the gameplay and the sports theme. The arcade golf feel is another.

With Payback, it's not really not my cup of tea because its just not my kind of game. There is a lite version which I suggest you try. From what I've heard, it's not for everyone, and you can easily find out with the lite version.

3. mookie32155

mookie32155 Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    what the replayability value of lets golf? that my only concern otherwise i would buy it right now

4. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I'd go with Payback, but I don't like sports games so I guess I'm not the best source... Albie put it best.

5. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    i voted for payback. yah do give the lite version a try. it represents the full version rather nicely this one.

6. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Let's Golf has 63 holes and part of the replayability comes in the gear that you can win. And, you do have 4 characters each with their own strengths/weaknesses that you can customize. It will definitely keep you busy for a while.

Like I said, try out the lite version of Payback, and that will help in your decision.

7. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    I voted for Let's Golf and it's not based on the gameplay value, since either game could be the most fun for different people.

My criticism of Payback was, at least to me, the poor controls. I just could not get the hang of it for the life of me... well, at least my character because he kept dying... :(

8. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

how do you only have 63 holes. i thought there were 4 courses

9. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Been toying with the idea of getting payback, or zen bound.

I played the payback lite version, and I liked it, but I can't decide, can any of you reccomend the game to me?

10. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    A golf game is a golf game. You've got one hole, you've got them all. You might be able to customize your character, but I wouldn't say that adds huge replay value.

Payback, well, I haven't completed the game either. But again, you've run one guy over with a sports car, you've run them all down with a sports car.

Overall, I'd say Payback, because it's open world and it's got a fair amount of room you can play with. Cheereo.

11. Sierra275

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Payback. Zen Bound is nice, but it can get a tad frustrating at the end.

Both are kind of relaxing games. It just depends on whether you find solving puzzles to meditative music more relaxing or you find killing random people to rock music more relaxing. Well, the latter is more of stress relief. As I said, I'd go with Payback.

12. FilthyCanadian

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Would you just go with payback over zen bound? Or would you actually reccomend the game? If you can understand that. :p

13. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

thats not a fair comment as you can break any game down like that.

eg, baseball superstars - you hit the ball and throw the ball thats it.
    i dracula - you run around and shoot a lot of bad guys.
    any tower defense game - you build towers to kill guys

14. Sierra275

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    I recommend both, actually, but I'd choose Payback over Zen Bound, and pick up the latter the moment I have the chance.

And i'm breaking it down in terms of what kind of relaxation you want. The calm yourself down relaxation or vent-anger relaxation. Seriously. I like rampaging. It's really fun.

15. chukwuka13

chukwuka13 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    go with payback. In zen bound all u do is get a rope around an object.

16. FilthyCanadian

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    I'm thinking I just wait for a price drop on payback, 5$ seems a little steep for a GTA clone.

I'm not necessarily wanting to get either one of them, I'm just asking if either one is worth getting, not which is better than the other.

17. Sierra275

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    I'm saying that there's a fair amount to do in both, but as with all games, it will get repetitive. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that would you rather hit a ball a lot of times, or would you rather hit pedestrians a lot of times.