iPad Payback or Archibald's Adventure

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Flip, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Flip

Flip Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Germany, near Dortmund
    Hey Guys!

Just wondering if I should get AA or Payback!? Played AA Lite and loved it but Payback sounds good too...any suggestions!? :confused:

Greetz,

Flip

2. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    I say Payback. It has a good soundtrack, great graphics, people to run over and a bunch of weapons.

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Get Payback!

4. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    AA. Payback isn't fun.

5. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    These are two totally different types of games, but...

I would go with Archibald's Adventures. To me this game had a lot more polish. If you like the lite version of the game then you will definately like the full version (it has over 100 levels).

I was a little let down by Payback (maybe because I was waiting for it for such a long time and it didnt really live up to the hype IMHO) - But by all means, if you think Payback would be fun, go ahead and pick it up... a lot of people here seem to like it.

If I were you, I would buy Archibald's Adventures now and hold off on buying Payback. Wait until Car Jack Streets is released and then compare the two of them. Since Tag Games won't be releasing CJS until March, I'm hoping they'll address some of the issues that Payback players are having with the gameplay and style

6. Der-Kleine

Please tell us why.

7. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    why? You never described why he should get Payback either...(and there are about 3 different threads describing the ups and downs of the game). I would personally wait for CarJackStreets and compare Payback to that. Payback seems cool, but it looks kind of "lifeless".

8. Der-Kleine

You want to know why?
    Becaus:
    -Payback is realy fun (Archibalad's adventure too :p)
    -I have played Payback for more than 6 houers and still not half way through the game
    -Lot's of missions, you don't have to stop a level when you've finished it, you can do more missions. :)

9. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Yeah I bought Payback, love it but it's not like GTA at all.

10. fringuss

fringuss Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Payback really isn't that fun... Or at least nowhere near 7 dollars worth of fun. The game has great presentation but the missions are dull and the city doesn't have enough excitement to warrant a gta style freeroam rampage. Also the cop chases are virtually non existant.

11. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    I think maybe you should get AA. Car Jack Streets is going to come out soon and I would wait and then compare it to payback to see which one you want to get.

12. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Here's the dilemma that was stated earlier; neither game is from the same genre so the decision is a little hard to make. One glorifies killing and has blowing stuff up while the other doesn't.

13. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY