Universal Payback² HD (by Apex Designs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Oct 3, 2012.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Because there's a F2P version which the author wants to promote more. I got this version back when it was supposed to be a premium game for $5. Then, the author decided the F2P approach was better and raised the price of this one a lot so that he would still give support to those few of us who had bought it while promoting the F2P version. In this one you get all the premium experience minus the F2P elements (coins, I think they are…)

2. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Great update today: gfx engine rewritten, textures & lighting are better than ever and, in a few words, it looks gorgeous. And the best part is that the app size is kept small (<100MB download) :)

3. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #143 VirtualBoyFreak, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    Another great update adds 3rd person camera view and better textures to some of the cars. Download size is kept small (<100MB), although installed it's gone up to 175MB approx. Nonetheless, it's a great GTA-ish game with tons of contents and a cool multiplayer mode. EDIT: The Pro version has just been updted and installed size is 104MB, plain fantastic. I guess the extra MB of the freemium version are due to coins, ad-videos, etc.

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I've always wanted a 3rd person camera. Yeeeeee!!!

5. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

The aiming system needs some work but it's pretty decent!

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Wait he finally lowered the price? He and I went back and forth about the entire $80 thing lol.

I originally had to order his game over seas for the game boy advance because his publisher couldn't publish in the USA.

He originally programmed in an Amiga!

Billy

7. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    There's just been an update which improves the game greatly. I really like the feel of it now, and racing with those articulated trucks is great to say the least. I have to find a helicopter to see how he improved that.

8. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Are there any forced ads?