Patreon Backer Forum Titles Are in Place

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Eli, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Hey guys,

So we've been doing a Patreon- https://www.patreon.com/toucharcade?ty=h

It's going pretty well, and as part of the backer rewards we offered little forum perks in the form of custom titles that appear under people's names. If you take a look around, you'll notice some among our forum members. If you want one too, toss a couple bucks our way on Patreon. We don't have the process totally automated yet to pull over backers to the forums, so we need to do it manually. Give us a little bit to get things processed and your forum flair should be up as soon as possible.

If you're already a backer and didn't get your appropriate forum flair, please let us know. The only real identifying info we have to go off of is the email you used for the forums and the email you used on Patreon, so if those don't line up we didn't appropriately flag your forum account. Update one or the other, and give us a shout, and we'll get you fixed up.

Thanks everyone!

2. Thinkerton Games

Thinkerton Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 11, 2015
    Cool, thanks! You can never wear too much 'flair'!

3. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    15 is the minimum, ok? Now you know it's up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare minimum or uh–well like Brian for example has 37 pieces of flair, ok, and a terrific smile.

Look, people can get iPhone game news anywhere, ok? They come to TouchArcade for the atmosphere and the attitude, ok? That's what the flair's about, it's about fun.

4. IzumiNowa

IzumiNowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 31, 2015
    Unemployed/part-time job
    Iv backed you guys.. I can has my flair now :)

5. Oldgamer

Oldgamer Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    After using this site and forums for the past few weeks I decided to toss a few quid your way as a thank you.
    But after looking into this I changed my mind (sorry)
    This isn't a moan or complain and I'm not asking you to change anything, just giving you my point of view for what it's worth.
    I was going to sign up for a few quid a month, not a lot (as I'm on a tight budget) but a little is better than nothing huh?
    Then I spotted the forum markers which say if you are a bronze or silver donater and I have to admit that was what put me off.

Why? Well because I can only afford to donate a little so would be tagged with the bronze tag meaning I'm quite poor/cheap/mean etc etc.
    Yes that's the reason, I didn't want to be looked down upon because I cannot afford to pay a larger sub. Not saying for one moment anyone would insult me for it, but I'd feel guilty, I'd feel like I'm not doing enough. Sorry, it's just my mindset.

Again, not complaining at all, just giving my feelings and reason for changing my mind.

6. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I'm not really seeing your logic. But if your worried about having a bronze marker I'm pretty sure you could notify Eli that you don't want a marker and they'll won't give you one. Or you could donate less than the minimum threshold for bronze and you'll won't get anything. Or you could donate nothing with is prefectly ok too.

7. Oldgamer

Oldgamer Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Thank you, I guess I could ask if they would not add it.

8. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    #8 squirpe, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    Or ... you can select the lowest tier , but input a higher donation. So you wouldn't get the flared trousers. I think that's how Patreon works, kinda like Kickstarter.

9. thas-studios

thas-studios Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Apr 2, 2012
    Developer
    Denmark, Europe
    Do we need to do anything to get the forum badge?
    Started backing a couple of weeks ago, but still no joy :confused:

Cheers,
    Tommy

10. IzumiNowa

IzumiNowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 31, 2015
    Unemployed/part-time job
    Yes.. see under

just pm Eli

11. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #11 atchoo, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Sorry for necrobumping, but I'd like to get my fresh new title ("Bronze Supporter"). :)

I log into Patreon with my Facebook account, I don't know if this could be a problem for flag.

Thanks! ;)

12. dancingcrane

dancingcrane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2016
    I just became a Bronze Supporter too. Been around only a few days, but what you are doing here is wonderful. I'd love to be in the Patron's chat too, when you have the time to pull us newbies over!

13. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Hi Eli,

My first month (back) payment was confirmed. However, I'm still waiting form my silver badge to show on the forum. Please let me know if you need anything else.

14. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Hey dudes, thanks for the support! So the way this works is Patreon bills everyone anywhere between like the 2nd and 5th of the month, sends us a report on that, then it's all imported to the forums automatically. The exception to this is if your email doesn't match up, but give it a couple days and if it doesn't happen I'll push it through manually.

15. dancingcrane

dancingcrane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2016
    #15 dancingcrane, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
    Eli, thank you! Now that I'm in, how do I put an avvie on my comments? Do I go to the website to do that? Also I don't appear to have flair. I don't mind, but I was curious about what it would look like.

16. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks dude...thanks too for Jared for flipping on the switch