Universal Pathfinder Adventures (by Obsidian Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    They scrapped the ability to sell cards at your descretion for a new system. When you finish a scenario now you have a box that has a limit of like 11 extra cards, they let you chose which go in the box and which you equip etc, anything outside of the 11 are automatically destroyed for gold...I dont love it, but there you have it. I had 3 legion armors...legendary card equipped...now only one and apparently its the only one I can keep/own.

2. Luci0

Luci0 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    Why can I not purchase the goblins content? No price for it (gold or real money) and when I try buy button it says purchase didn't go through...

3. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I own Rise of the Runelords Bundle.. But it will not let me buy Burn Everything... Bug..

4. kurtalb1

kurtalb1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    It is a known issue on iOS. They are working on a fix.

5. Luci0

Luci0 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    Oh ok. Great thanks for the answer. Much appreciated
    Lucio

6. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    #606 JohnnyClash, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    Another update just dropped.. Downloaded the update.. Still Still can't buy the expansion.

Edited.. expansion is available now $6.00

7. DezTheSpic

DezTheSpic Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2014
    How do you buy expansion for gold? Saw price of 1500 mentioned somewhere.

8. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    Did we make them mad.. Goblin Expansion is priced at $9.00 now..

9. kurtalb1

kurtalb1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    I believe the original price was a release sale price.

10. Praymettin

Praymettin Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Taken from the original announcement in their forums. You can find the link in TA's article. :

"Why did we decide to make these changes? Several reasons: first, and most importantly, we got feedback from our players (both directly through comments and through watching what is and is not actually being bought), about what items they wanted to see at what pricing. We listened to these comments and made changes we think make sense, while still making business sense for the product."

Yeah yeah, so believable. You "listened" to the players and they told you to hide most of the game behind IAP... At least be honest with us and say that you weren't profiting and made the change; I would respect that. But blaming players for this horrendeous gold to cash change has just done it, at least for me.

11. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    I was willing to play this, but when i saw the IAPs i instantly erased it. Would be an awesome premium game.

12. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Most IAPs are not consumables......

13. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    Maybe i should give it another try?

14. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    #614 skoptic, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Depends on your take on premium games. I’m a 100% premium game, never bought a consumable. This game costs nearly £20 for all the characters and scenarios and is a great premium game with a long campaign and high production values.

Paizo, has or whoever, went a bit mental with all the dice purchases and variant purchases so it looked worse than it is. Fortunately Asmodee have removed most of the stupid IAPs which are all buying skins or buying gold for cards that you’ll get anyway (irs not a CCG)

TLDR As a staunch premium gamer, I’m would say this is premium with some completionist IAP

15. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    I am also a 100% premium gamer. That's a great info that you are sharing. Also, i am a big Asmodee fan. They do a great job with their ports and to read that they are in charge, makes me want to give this game another try.

Thanks!

16. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    I can also vouch for what skoptic said - this is a premium game, it's just it almost costs £20 to purchase outright. Worth it too. I like their model really, had a good chance to try the free game before committing to buying - tbh, it didn't take much time to decide!