Universal Pathfinder Adventures (by Obsidian Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 27, 2016.

1. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I've never had an issue with GC, but I can't login either.

2. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Looks like this game has the game center bug :(

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Is it as basic as not being able to track the Daily Gold stuff or grab Treasure packs if offline?

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I think the Treasure boosters at 500 gold a piece are outside of the Season Pass thingy.

5. dominici

dominici Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Librarian
    Australia
    In Australia, the IAP is AUD$38.99 - ouch! That's a lot of money for us here down under!!!

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    So I can confirm that if you have a jailbroken iPhone, then you can play this game on that. Text is small even on 6+ but that's nothing new with these kinds of games.

I can't seem to be able to buy gold in order to buy expansions though. But I think that could be an IOS 8.1.2 thing because I've had this before (sentinels of the multiverse had the problem). Will be trying to buy gold on my iPad and hopefully it syncs across.

Otherwise I get notification that I logged in ok in gamecenter but as mentioned I am back on IOS 8.1.2

7. Isotope-X

Isotope-X Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    I've completed the first scenario (Brigandoom) and I'm on the inventory management screen. I've adjusted both my characters to the correct deck composition but I can't move on because my Available cards are wrong. I don't see any way to put those cards "back in the box" or trash them or whatever. Any ideas?

8. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Required network connection...damn.

9. gmattergames

Mar 1, 2013
    Restarted the game and it eventually linked to GC. It may just take a minute to connect.

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man I dont even know what I am doing.

11. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Anybody know how to close a location if no cards remain there?

12. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Hello, don't want to launch the app and check, is there a full manual/rulebook included somewhere?

13. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    There is one, yes. Not sure how "full" it is.

14. gmattergames

Mar 1, 2013
    #34 gmattergames, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016

I agree, the gameplay is not very intuitive, and terms used for card actions, confusing: "Recharging" is really shuffling a card back into your deck. "Revealing" cards adds extra dice and sometimes bonuses, but so can "Discarding" a card, but not always. I'm sure there is rhyme and reason to it all, but to the uninitiated, that logic isn't very clear.

Never played the actual card game before so didn't know what to expect. Unless I'm missing something, the game is a repetitive cycle of discarding and reshuffling gear/skill cards in attempt to maximize the number dice rolled against a series of skill checks (cards) that define each stage of a scenario, and doing so before you run out of cards/turns.

While the challenge is managing your cards to gain bonuses, success is ultimately dictated by die rolls, so even the most skilled play can succumb to bad rolls.

I don't want to scare anyone off with that simplification and perhaps I'm just not getting the hook, it's just not for me.

15. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    It takes a little time to wrap your head around, but discarding is basically injuring yourself a little each time where recharging a card doesn't (because it is still in your deck). Healing puts cards from the discard back into your deck, but can't if the card has been buried or banished. If you run out of cards in your deck, you can die.

16. crispin

crispin Active Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Drag it to the area right below.

17. lxroguexl

lxroguexl Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Make it for iPhone to I been waiting to play this

18. RandallPeek

RandallPeek Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    I tried it on my daughter's iPad Mini (1st gen) and it occasionally crashes. It runs, and it looks great, just random crashes. Luckily you can continue where you left off. I can't imagine this on a smaller screen, though. The Mini is really as small as you could go to viably play this.

19. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks.

I enjoy this so far. But not quite sure how the various IAPs work, would like to wait for reviews before decide.

20. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    I have the same question.