Universal Patchwork: The Game (by Digidiced)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Feb 24, 2016.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yeah, it really is just asthetics.

It's actually interesting how the game handles this. While the game's UI and background will always be based on whatever theme you've chosen, the pieces will show up as a mix of the 2 themes chosen by you and your opponent. So in one my current games I've chosen the Space theme while my opponent must have chosen the Prehistoric theme as all of the pieces show up randomly with either the Space or Prehistoric themes. I myself don't even own the Prehistoric theme but clearly am allowed to see it as that is what my opponent has chosen.

2. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Decided to get it... I'll need to play more to better understand buttons, holes, and scoring. My old school Tetris days makes me want to make a pretty patchwork but I'm realizing getting more on the board and finding ways to get it to be without wholes is the better strategy maybe...

I'll review a few YouTube videos as for now a bit puzzled on part of the gameplay

3. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Finally bought the game & played a few games. Now I CAN'T play it at all.
    When it loads it says "Your test version has expired. Please buy the game to continue playing"
    Trouble is I've paid for the game. I tried deleting & resinstalling with no luck.

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    WARNING: do not install the latest patch, it gives "Testing version expired, please buy the game to play"!

Action: message sent to developer and complained about this stupid situation

Suggestion: play something else for the moment and rest assure your current games will all timed-out

5. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #45 mzinn, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    Hey I was hoping for:

Curry - Do you want to play Patchwork it's pretty fun

Mutton - Sure......oh wait

Curry - What's going on?

Mutton - Freaking error!!!

:)

Glad it's not just me. Sent email to developer

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So if we're all getting this error we just need to hold on or does the dev want those afflicted to speak up?

7. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Attitude: I don't mind folding my arms waiting but I think the developer needs a wake-up call.

8. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    The dev knows about it - it's been posted on their Facebook wall and they said it's first on the list when they get into the office (5-6 hours from now).

It looks like the app isn't connecting to GameCenter properly. However, a friend of mine discovered a workaround. Click the triangle button at the top of the screen to start a ranked game. This forces a connection to GameCenter and gets you logged back in again. (You can always just say '0' ranked games and click over to your games in progress.) Annoying, but at least it keeps your games from timing out...

9. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #49 mzinn, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    Brilliant. Worked for me. Playing against AI
    Thanks!

10. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Received response from Dev & patch already submitted & they also provided solution given above as band-aid until fix flows through.

Appreciate fast & efficient support from Dev!

11. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Ok here is the message:

12. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Why is this game rated @ 1.5 Stars? I can't seem to find where to see the rating feedback (if any).

13. scott997

scott997 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Probably because of the very recent problem of the app saying that your trial period has ended. Once that has been taken care of, I'm sure the rating will go up. The rating (in the Apple app store) is only for that version of the app. If you look at the ratings of all versions it is 3.5 stars despite the many 1 star ratings.

This is a great game. You should pick it up if you are interested. Don't worry about the rating or the app problem, the developers has submitted a fix already.

14. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Hey Scott!

I picked it up launch day and love it! I like that even if your 24 hour turn expires your opponent can choose to ignore it and keep the game going (works great for my wife and I). For some reason I thought the 1.5 stars on the main TA Game page was the TA User rating and not a reflection of the App Store. Recommend anyone thinking about picking this game up go ahead and grab it.

15. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Okay, patch is up and it fixes the expiration problem.

16. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I had a low interest in this game. I kept my eye on it & on this thread. A while back I got a gift card & figured why not give the game a try.

Since then I've played it a ton & love the game. The strategy is a blast & it's very enjoyable.

I was wrong for only seeing this as a game about patches or quilts or sewing with some strategy. If you think as I did you're missing a really nice game. While I'd rather be putting pieces of a spaceship together or just about anything other than pieces of a quilt, this game is a ton of fun and can be pretty challenging.
    I wish I hadn't waited so long yet happy I gave it a shot because it'll be a permanent game on my iPad.

17. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I bought this game when it first came out and lost interest. However, with the purchase of Agricola: ACBS I redownloaded this game and am having an absolute blast! There's one thing that I can't figure out:

How is it that my opponent can have multiple moves? I understand that if the AI lands on me, an extra move is warranted. But, there have been times when my opponent gets three moves in a row?

18. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Whoever is behind on the marker track moves next, so if you don't catch up with your opponent, you can have many turns in a row (landing on top is deemed as behind too). This management of turn order and the button replenish pickup points absolutely makes this game for me :) Hope that helps explain.

19. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    IOW, whoever is trailing gets turns until they take the lead?

20. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Not exactly, if the player do not have enough "coins" to buy the 3 current "patches", the player automatically moves to the place 1 before the opponent.