Password recovery help

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Ninetide, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Ninetide

Ninetide New Member

Dec 21, 2015
    I managed to forget the password on my main account and have been trying to recover it for a while.

The recovery tool recognises my email and sends out a message with instructions to recover the password. Clicking the link in the mail takes me to a TA page saying "click this link to have a new password sent to you" but the second mail with the new password never arrives. (I did check the junk folder).

Over the last month I've tried everything I can think of: different browsers, devices, networks, resetting catches, etc. I've also tried messaging a mod (who was friendly but unable to help), an admin (no reply, but probably he gets spammed) and emailed support (no reply).

Please, how can I recover my old TA account? I'm no major community figure, but miss my old account.

2. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    I can feel for you. I have done the exact same steps to figure out why I can't post on news items for 7+ months now. Emailed/message everyone with zero response back. Did get a response on a forum thread about doing something but that didn't help.

Don't know why you can't get the password reset. I presume you did try to see if the system emails you the user name via lost user name??

3. Ninetide

Ninetide New Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Thanks for the reply, cofunguy!

It does send the first mail with my username, just not the follow up email with the password. Seems something in the system is preventing the 2nd mail from being sent, although I'm happy to test ideas to fix it.

Hope you get your original account back too.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

What's your old username?

5. Ninetide

Ninetide New Member

Dec 21, 2015
    My old username is ThirdMoon. Please say if you want me to message you with proof that's my account. Really appreciate you looking in to this!

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I emailed a new password to the email address associated with ThirdMoon.

7. ThirdMoon

ThirdMoon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Thank you, Eli! Really happy to have my account back :)