iPad Passage

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by SydneyS, Dec 24, 2008.

1. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    I read the description and looked at the one screenshot, but am at loss as to what exactly this game is. A story? Does anyone know anything about this game? (on iPod, can't post link)

2. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Link

It looks terrible :S

3. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
  4. Danillson

Danillson Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    And it must be.
    It's only a few kilobyte big...
    Crap...

5. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    It's more of a piece of artwork than a game, the letterbox view is the play area, and you go from left to right living out your life, you fall in love, your love dies, eventually you die, it lasts about 5 mins.
    Look it up on YouTube;)

6. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Yeah... It lasts exactly 5 minutes and you can spend that 5 minutes any way you want... collecting treasure or exploring either with or without your spouse... Apparently it is a game about the human condition...

7. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    ya game looks really bad

8. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Wow this game looks AWESOME
    Great graphics too :p

9. flashdriver

flashdriver Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Can someone who bought the game please write a little jiggle jaggle about it? It looks sooooooo... weird? The mystery makes me want to buy it... but no.

10. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

The desktop version is free. I bought the iPhone version simply to support that kind of stuff. The game is as crappy or mind-blowing as you let it be, just like any slightly abstract piece of art.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member

It's not really a game, more like conceptual art that draws from the language of vintage video games. As you navigate through the pixelated environment your character and his mate (if you choose to pair up, that is) get older and older till he/they die. It's interesting that there a obstacles in the field that you can only navigate if you don't pair up with a mate...

12. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I'd like to change my thoughts on this game. Yes, I still think the graphics are terrible, but that's not what matters. The game isn't exactly for serious gamers, but more of a touching little game about life. I don't think it's even really considered a game, but it's definitely not as worthless as I had thought before. After seeing this video, I understand why the game was made and what it's all about.

Check out that video ^ I think it's pretty important for people to understand how the game is special. :p

13. STP_Steve

STP_Steve Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Editor of slidetoplay.com
    San Francisco, CA
    Well said. You can (and should) play it for free online; the 99 cents to download the App is more like a donation.

14. VL-Tone

VL-Tone Member

Sep 28, 2008
    I don't know if you played the game since your post, but the best way to enjoy it is to play it while avoiding the hype and reading "explanations" and comments about it. Try to find by yourself what the "game" is about by playing it, not because of some article.

Edit: personally I think that many of the comments in this thread "spoiled" it by explaining too much.