Universal Pascal's Wager (by TipWorks & Giant Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Oh actually my advise is not to spend the time to test it out. The Chinese translation to that talent says something different.
    The Chinese translation says it increases the successful rate of blessing to 100%, so I don’t think it’s about dropping. If you see from the credits the devs are Chinese, so I’m guessing the based language of the game is Chinese, they did an awesome job at translating the game though.

2. chillywilly

chillywilly Member

Feb 8, 2020
    Well, it sucks then. Do you need to bless specific potion though or it works with any blessing?

3. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    The guide I’m reading says it doesn’t matter which elixir you are blessing, but the blessing itself needs to be successful in order for a formula to appear. It also said only 2 formulas come out of blessing. So I’m rather certain it’s the bug thingie that kept me from getting all of them. The guide did specify which formula comes out of blessing and the elixir of epiphany is one of those (if my translation is correct). It also said a formula comes out of the third argil and it stated all the formulas available. Total of 6 recovery type, 9 enhancement type and 5 weapon type.

4. chillywilly

chillywilly Member

Feb 8, 2020
    Just got formula for Elixir of Epiphany first try with blessing after investing in that talent, no formulas from drops though, yeah.

5. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    So the guide did suggest to fully upgrade that benita’s talent before trying though.

6. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Something must have gone wrong during blessing with my play through then. I’ll be more diligent on my second play through. I’m still pondering about the best trophy built though. Can’t seem to make up my mind.

7. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Some say a fully upgraded +5 with a +4 reforge shimmering shard plus the brooch with sacred pattern traded from viola is awesome, although that combination is self damaging when landing attacks. I haven’t tried it though, don’t like self damaging trophies, but I’m saving up my dominator crystals on my second play though right until the very end so I can try out different play style. The atk bonus vs all enemy types is apparently a true blessing. It’s worth considering.

8. chillywilly

chillywilly Member

Feb 8, 2020
    #168 chillywilly, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    I don't like self damaging build too. So far found two favourite builds for myself that i was using in 1 level run:
    1) Surviving/heal on hit build (Father's Love, Brass Ring of Handel from Viola, Melos Bottle upgraded, Glory, The First Seed, Tristan's Roil, that upgraded has highest defence in the game I think). 2) Full crit chance/farming build. Basically replace Tristan's Roil with Black Manus and Glory with Scarlet Egg. All reforged to crit chance where its possible. I have 36% crit chance on Terrence with not fully upgraded trophies and reforging, ideally you can push it beyond 40% chance.
    With Elixir of Epiphany was able to hit last boss for 1/3 of health per heavy-light attack combo (on level 1 altar)

9. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    I had a balance of crit rate and crit damage. I had fathers love +5, fanatical sand +5 from viola, first seed +5 plus basilisk nirvana +4, and Melos fully upgraded plus concentration rune +4. Gives me a atk + 205, crit rate +29%, crit damage + 30.3%, def + 103, stamina + 78, fire res + 61 shadow res + 94 (helps with Teresa), atk vs humanoid + 13.5%. Second run I think I’m gonna go with basilisk epiphany to swap out the fathers love, and use the pale egg instead of the basilisk nirvana. Will give me very similar stats but basilisk epiphany gives me atk vs sendril +18% at +5 instead atk vs humanoid from fathers love, and basilisk epiphany absorbs a lot of health. Pale egg vs basilisk nirvana you don’t lose out much I guess. Farm I definitely will go with black manus and stealth boots, replacing the pale egg and concentration rune.

10. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    I might try to push for a high crit dmg crit rate build this time round. I’ll see what I can come up with. I was balancing between def, shadow res crit and atk. Also wanted a handsome stamina as well because I roll a lot. Always fight like a flying monkey haha.

11. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Those figures are just the trophies bonus. I didn’t add it to the base numbers of Terence because I didn’t play a level 1 altar on my first run.

12. chillywilly

chillywilly Member

Feb 8, 2020
    Nice, I forgot where do you get concentration rune and basilisk stuff? I only have Blessed Basilisk in my inventory, I guess it's a part of crafting

13. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    scarlet egg could be a thought. Would need to sacrifice a lot of defense though. Fanatic sand is a good trophy, has an atk crit dmg and crit rate combination at the correct reforge.

14. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Concentration rune you buy it at the first sifler in karst cave with 2 filthy core. the yellow wording lower your stamina consumption with rolls. Basilisks stuff you need to stab the dying demiurge with the basilisk sword instead of the Tristan’s sword and you turn the blessed basilisk into a blood stained basilisk instead of a blood stained Tristan. You lose all the Tristan trophies but the basilisk trophies have the same stats as the Tristan trophies and they all come with extra yellow worded abilities. It’s like an upgraded version of Tristan.

15. chillywilly

chillywilly Member

Feb 8, 2020
    Oh cool, I didn't know that, thanks! Looks like I need to do the third run.
    But now I don't remember where I got the blessed basilisk haha

16. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    You put the 4 pieces found in the 4 towers at the Tristan sword statue then pick it back up. You use it to show to the blind guy but you get to keep it afterwards and you can choose to stab the dying demiurge with it if you haven’t already stabbed her with the Tristan sword. The filthy core is a tough one to find though. One I think you get in the ordinary course of the game, I think the Karst Cave boss drops it, the second one is from the second elevator right after you saved Viola. You can’t get to it in your first route though because those 2 elevators operate in pairs, one goes up the other comes down. You need to take the elevator in your normal run, then back track to where you saved viola using a short cut you open up later without taking that elevator back down, then the paired elevator would have come down since you took the first elevator up, and the second filthy core is in the unused elevator.

17. chillywilly

chillywilly Member

Feb 8, 2020
    Now I remember
    When I was doing the 4 towers quest, I had black manus equipped and it was bugged or something, I wasn't able to pick last piece in tower, I thought it's just a bones and can't pick up because reached the limit. Realized whats wrong already after killing the demiurge.

18. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Yeah I think I mentioned it in earlier threads. You need to remove the black manus in order to pick up the 4 tower pieces as the black manus disable the pick up button but those 4 pieces can’t be automatically collected. The story also kinda suggests that the basilisk sword is the real holy sword, or whatever that is can truly suppress sendril. When you stab her with the basilisk sword she doesn’t revive as monster.

19. chillywilly

chillywilly Member

Feb 8, 2020
    Now im hyped for the 3rd run lol. But definitely gonna get all achievements this time. Also
    Maybe you know. There is a sign in Exilium saying "Mors certa, hora incerta." Does it have any gameplay purposes?

Makara Nou likes this.
  20. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    I have tried getting all 3 partners to go read it but still nothing happened. Haven’t seen anywhere that said it has anything special either. Another one that I’m also curious:
    The repentance cabinet guy who gave you Patrick’s ring, not sure what difference it make if you tell him it’s save outside or not safe. I told him it’s safe both times. I know if you tell him it’s not safe he will continue to be there for you to talk to, but that’s just about all it does, I’m not sure. Did you find anything?