Universal Pascal's Wager (by TipWorks & Giant Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 15, 2020.

1. chillywilly

chillywilly Member

Feb 8, 2020
    Thanks! Did you get Wisdom (Find all Literatures) achievement?

2. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    #142 Lyhh, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    Yeah I did, I messed up on the alchemist achievement, and haven’t attempted the altar level 1 achievement. I’m on my second round trying to get those as well. I’m at the katib boss and I’m hoping I won’t have to use the egg bearer for the later bosses.

I can’t recall where all the documents are, but I did have trouble locating a few of them so I may have some recollection of a few hard to find ones. Let me know what you are missing.
    There should be 8 in heggem, 8 in adamina, 8 in exilium, 18 in katib, 13 in Edith, 20 in the blessedland, and 11 in the karst cave.
    So if you are missing any let me know at which stage you’re missing some and I will try to point to a few hard to find documents in that stage. Most of them you can find while you play along.

3. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Just happened to come across the location to farm blackwater debris so just to leave a note here.
    the large flaming boar in katib drops blackwater debris. There are 2 large flaming boars in total, one at the back of the village, you can safely shoot him on the rocky platform above if you drop down from the tree house near the flaming boar. It can’t hit you with any attack but the aiming is a bit hard as it sometimes get blocked by the rocks. Second one is on the sacred tower when you go up the first elevator. This boar can’t get out of that room so you can shoot it from outside of the room at a distance without worrying about its claws. The boar can shoot fire balls at you from within the room though so watch out for that.

4. chillywilly

chillywilly Member

Feb 8, 2020
    #144 chillywilly, Feb 9, 2020
    Oh man, I have 1 missed in Exilium.
    Is there any point to kill bosses/finish the game w/o an egg? Also, how did you mess up on the alchemist achievement? Im pretty sure, you can come back after last boss and buy all missing recipes.

Update: Just found it, thank you!

5. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    #145 Lyhh, Feb 9, 2020
    I did my first round of the game without using the egg bearer, but since I’m going for an altar level 1, it would require some pretty good skills to defeat the later bosses without using the egg.

I read somewhere that there are a few formulas that’s not purchasable. 1 is from the witch lady in adamina, you have to return to the stage after you defeated the holy father, and she will turn into a monster upon your return. Defeating her gives you a formula. Another special one is given to you if you kill the demiurge dying lady with a holy sword (doesn’t matter if you use the real sword or the fake sword), and she will drop a letter. You bring that letter back to the guy in Edith who you gave a candle to (remember the guy who said he was from the blessedland but his daughter gave up the identity and become a demiurge and went to the war) and he will give you a formula. 3 are given by Benita when you give her the argils (or pottery). There are 3 argils in total that you can give to her. And the 2 final ones are given by Benita when you pay her to bless elixirs. It only appears when you successfully bless an item, but it’s not always, it comes at a random chance. So where I read it from advise it’s best to save your game, try to bless your first bonus formula without wasting a lot of your small bones, go save it and then try your luck with the second. If your out of luck, load and try again. That way you won’t waste your bones (blessing doesn’t mess with your manual saves, so you can just quit and reload at the start screen, unlike enhancing, reforging or skill trees where it operates at the altar so whatever you do gets saved at your current save game, in which case if you want to play around with your reforging and see what comes after what, you will need 2 save slots to run it properly. Don’t mess up your saves, I did that one time and wasted a few trophies. My rule to saves is to always run from the same slot, but keep a back up before trying anything new. Like make a backup at slot 2, then play with slot 1, if you mess up, copy the backup save to slot 1 and try again with slot 1. Don’t go starting the game with slot 2 because all actions at the altar is automatically saved to the slot that you are currently using and you may end up messing up your backup slot).

Where I messed it up is that I try to bless her formulas before completing the 3 potteries, and this is where I think there is a bug. The 3 potteries gives you 3 specific formulas, but the 2 blessed formulas are randomly generated from the ones that you have yet to obtained. Or at least that’s the case for my first run. So say the 3 pots gives you an a, b and c formula, and the blessing can give you the remaining d and e formula.

Problem is I tried blessing the formulas only after giving her 2 argils, so say I got formula a and b, then I try blessing the 2 extra formulas, and got me c and d instead of d and e. So when I gave her the final argil, I didn’t get any formula, which I thought was quite strange for not getting anything, and then I went searching for other reviews and noted that the formula that’s supposed to come at the 3 argil I have already obtained, and the final formula that I’m missing is supposed to come out of blessing, but I do recall having obtained 2 formulas through blessing already. So I guess I have already messed up there and I have already overwritten my saves.

I tried numerous blessings after that to see if the game would be kind enough to grant me the final formula but I think I run it enough of times to know that I might have just missed my chance.

So my rule for this round is, I won’t go blessing any item until i have given her the 3 argils.

6. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    #146 Lyhh, Feb 9, 2020
    Oh I misread your question about the egg. I’m not sure beating the game with or without the egg would make any difference. I think you will still get the altar level 1 achievement if you use the egg, but since I haven’t done my level 1 altar achievement yet so I can say for certain. I did my first round without the egg and I can’t see it giving me anything special. I usually just try the hardest mode while gaming just in case it might offer anything special or have hidden scenes, so I’m trying it without the egg as well for the level 1 altar achievement. Would be a bummer to have completed the level 1 altar achievement using the egg only to later find out that the system doesn’t recognise it. There are only a limited numbers of save slots for you to back track and do backups so I didn’t want to risk it.

7. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Oh and a very important note about the endings.
    Make sure you duplicate a backup save at another slot just before you head into the fight with Teresa.

After defeating Teresa you are offered 2 endings, but after the credits, your current save slot will automatically be overwritten to the point where you have already defeated her and you won’t be able to fight her again. You will still be free to run around the various stages but you would have lost your save point just prior to fighting her. Which means if you didn’t keep a backup save and wanted to see the other ending, you will have the start the game all over again (or from your other most recent backup save slot).

8. chillywilly

chillywilly Member

Feb 8, 2020
    I got the altar level 1 achievement with an egg through whole game, so you don't need to worry about it. I also wonder if you can get this achievement by resetting altar before last boss, but im not sure, didn't try.

9. chillywilly

chillywilly Member

Feb 8, 2020
    This is a serious bug if so, you should report this one to devs. Can you name formulas? I could check if i got them, because I blessed some before giving all argils.

Benita has a talent to find formulas, maybe you can get them by just playing her.

10. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    I thought about that too but I didn’t try, because I saw it only reset your stats, but the altar level remains the same. All it does is to allow you to reallocate you’re points, I didn’t think the game would let you off that easily so I didn’t try. Plus I’m missing the alchemist achievement as well so I’m bound to go a second round.

11. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Did you get the alchemist achievement? I think I’m missing the formula for making the elixir of epiphany. I know i didn’t get a formula when give Benita the third argil, that’s for sure.

12. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    There should be a total of 9 formulas in the enhancement section. I only got 8.

13. chillywilly

chillywilly Member

Feb 8, 2020
    No, I should check merchants once again, then will try to farm other formulas with Benita.

14. chillywilly

chillywilly Member

Feb 8, 2020
    I think this is one of the ways, otherwise she wouldn't have talent for this.

15. chillywilly

chillywilly Member

Feb 8, 2020
    Do you know is there anything special about dying archer, who asks to not open the doors? I opened them in my both games, because was focused on certain achievements. I wonder if there other outcome with it.

16. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    You mean in the blessedland in the repentance room where the 3 knights that come out? No I think they just carry the keys to the 4 towers. If you don’t open you won’t be able to enter the 4 towers. I have researched but no one said anything about what would happen if you leave them in there.

17. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    I must have blessed like 100-200 times with benita’s bless ability fully upgraded, so it’s basically a 100% successful rate, but still no formula. I have only seen people saying only 2 formulas come out of blessing. I was praying that it works too so I can have one more achievement ticked off but too bad it ain’t happening. So I thought might as well get it in my second go. This time I will try wisely and should be able to get some good idea about it. I know this bug is around for sure though because the first time I blessed with Benita I haven’t done the demiurge letter to the candle guy yet, and that candle guy should give me an anti-sendril elixir but instead I blessed it out of Benita and I thought something was wrong so I reload and went on to complete the candle guy first and he did give me an anti-sendril elixir formula, then I went back to blessing with Benita and got something else. I messed up that the alchemist achievement because I thought the 2 formulas I got from her was the right one and didn’t realise I got the wrong formula from her and went on overwriting the save. I was reading some tips and walkthrough in another language so I didn’t notice the wrong name, thinking that I would definitely get the third formula when I give her the last argil.

18. chillywilly

chillywilly Member

Feb 8, 2020
    Talent says "Increase the chance of finding Elixir formula". Im not sure, but as I understand, it's not about blessing, it's about droping formulas from mobs when playing Benita, so im gonna test it.

19. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Great, please let me know if you come across anything. I personally have not used Benita, not even once because I really don’t know how to use her. Seems like a self damaging character, she won’t last a minute under my play style. I can’t seem to understand how to regain her health, and I dunno how her shield or wind charm thingie works.

20. chillywilly

chillywilly Member

Feb 8, 2020
    Yeah, she is a tough one, especially w/o talent upgrades, but with life leech trophies and faster gaining Pure Blood (kinda rage), you can survive relatively easy. Her skill heals you if you have enough pure blood. I didn't play her much too, but personally preferred healing over shield.