Universal Pascal's Wager (by TipWorks & Giant Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 15, 2020.

1. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Brilliant game, I'm enjoying it very much. Worth every penny!

2. Aldexeer

Aldexeer New Member

Jan 22, 2020
    Male
    I tried 3 days in a row, and my best shot was about 20% hp left on the third phase.
    It's possible to go back to farming and that's what I did.
    This time I'll be ready to meet her :)

3. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    I see everyone playing it on their recent iPhones or iPads but I was wondering if anyone tried it on iPhone 7 Plus.
    I wouldn't mind setting the graphics lower since the game in itself looks cool but I would have it if it had some lags later on... Do you guys have some knowledge or ideas on how it would work on such an iPhone?

4. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Ringerill I was playing on iPad 6th gen 2018 which has the same Apple A10 Fusion chipset as iPhone 7 and the performance was just fine. I didn’t play on the highest available “iPad Pro” settings, just Ultra High with frame rate set to high as well without any hiccups whatsoever. And on top of that, there are still two lower quality settings to chose from including one lower frame rate option. So I definitely wouldn’t worry about the performance. I get your concerns because I was worried in the beginning too. All I can say after 30+ hour gameplay is that the game’s very well optimized. So, yeah.

Ringerill likes this.
  5. Ringerill

Dec 13, 2012
    Thank you very much for the info! Will join you all on this adventure now that I know this :)

6. ibis_87

ibis_87 Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    Manager
    Moscow, Russia.
    Gentlemen (and Ladies?), does anyone have an idea how long does it take to complete the game in general? Normal play style, not a completionist.

7. Some people say four days (2h each). So, id assume it’s around 8h to beat the game

ibis_87 likes this.
  8. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm curious about the overall story arc. Does it have a lot of found narratives (i.e. items you pick up that reveal about the enemies, characters, boss etc) or have an extensive lore?

9. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    How did you guys beat the mini boss lady before the holy father does it require a lot of dodging ?

10. Ringerill

Dec 13, 2012
    I actually just went for it and beat her like a regular monster with higher HP... However, by chance, I came to her with my Rage bar full so I was able to get some charge attacks. I expected quite a fight but it went better than I imagined. And having a second character who can come to the rescue helps a lot (especially the coffin attack that staggers most of the enemies).
    Then, for all the bosses I have fought for the time being, once you know their patterns, you can evade them quite easily (especially with the double/continuous evasion of the main character). Just as in Dark Souls: Git Gud is the way ;)

11. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Hey guys, thoroughly enjoyed the game. Studied some walkthrough and tips in other languages so just wanted to drop a note to help anyone who is stuck on anything. Can’t guarantee to have everything but wanted to share the info I gathered.

12. Yes that’s nice of you. I got stuck now. Maybe u should write a spoiler free guide

13. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    That’s kinda heavy haha, but happy to share what I learned if you need to know anything specific. I don’t know how to do the spoiler alert cover up button though.

14. For example, talk to who, find what, which exit to go thru, what to do next.

15. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Woh that’s way too broad mate. Was thinking of locations of specific items or tips on trophy forging or something like that. I won’t be able to do a full walkthrough with detailed directions, I’ve played through those already and can’t remember detailed road maps. Where are you stuck at? Only played through it once, still missing 2 achievements.

16. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    The last two stages, more specifically the last stage I find it quite confusing, constantly losing directions myself.

17. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    I defeated her by avoiding the aim assist. With the aim assist on you can’t roll too far and some of the moves will definitely hit you with that roll distance, plus loses your stamina fast. Instead I just kept running. Whenever I lose sight of her I quickly tab the aim assist twice, like quickly lock on then disengage so that I’m facing her. There is a pause after every set of attacks, so just run near her in a curvy route towards the end of her sets of moves and I normally only just give her a roll slash plus one follow up slash (after the roll up slash I quickly tap the aim button to ensure the follow up attack also lands a hit then quickly tab the aim assist again to disengage) and roll away again (I don’t do a third slash because she sometimes parry on the third slash).
    For the one hit kill, you only get killed if the shadows touch you, so run towards the outer rim of the screen then face the center, you can easily see where the shadows are charging at you from. The second time when she does a one hit kill, the loop will close in on you, you have to kill at least one of the shadows to break the loop and get out of it before it crushes you.

18. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    #138 Lyhh, Feb 8, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    A quick note on trophies and immundas and black water debris rubbles and crystals. Trophies: there is a stage special trophy on each stage, some stages have a few different versions of the stage trophy depending on whether you completed all side quests before defeating the boss.
    Warm flesh in adamina, drakes hour glass in katib, the real holy sword in blessedland and concentration rune at the last stage. You need to talk to the green cloak girl twice for the girl to say she wants to be with her mother, then go back to the place of the Newborns to talk to the mother with the girl by her side and defeat the monster that the mom gives birth to in order to get the warm flesh. If you defeat the holy father before talking to the mom then you will lose the chance of getting the warm flesh forever, but if you talk to the mother before defeating the holy father, she will give birth to the monster baby. Even if you don’t defeat the monster baby at first and fight the holy father first, the monster baby will still be there after you come back to the stage at a later point. For drakes hour glass, if you give find and return the hourglass to drake before completing the stage, when you defeat the stage final boss he will drop a drake’s hourglass, with which you can forge the real eternity trophy. If you don’t, the boss will drop a broken hourglass and you will only be able to forge a fake eternity. For the holy sword, there is a Tristram sword at the statue, but if you help the blinded guy to investigate the 4 towers, you can use the 4 parts to make a basilisk sword. If you then go to the dying demiurge and stab her with the basilisk sword, you get a blood-stained basilisk sword which can then be used to make one of the 3 stage special trophies. If instead you stab her with the Tristram sword, the demiurge will revive as a monster and after fighting her, you get a blood-stained Tristram sword, which allows you to create a weaker version of the stage special trophies. The two different versions of the trophies have the same stats, but the Tristram’s version doesn’t have the yellow descriptive additional abilities. Don’t sell or tribute the filthy core at the altar when you pick them up at the last stage, there are only 2 in the game (or at least I can only find 2). You can use them to buy the concentration rune at the first sifler at the last stage. Don’t sell or use your fracture bodies either because they cannot be farmed and some stuff you buy at the siflers also needs fractured bodies.
    I have found a total of 9 immundas diamonds and 3 black water crystals in the game, some said there is a 4th black water crystal but I cannot locate it, the achievements also requires you to equip 3 trophies with +5 enhancement to unlock, so I’m guessing there may not be a 4th. Chipped immundas, immundas, immundas crystals, black water debris and black water rubbles can be farmed, but some of them can only be farmed at the much later stages (I usually farm them at the last stage). With the reforging of the trophies, each trophies have an additional attribute where you can add to, using reforging function. The types of additional attribute for each trophy is fixed (there are around 3-4 different types of additional attribute for each trophies), but the strength of the trophies depends on the + level of the tribute trophy. Doesn’t matter how rare the tribute trophy is, but it does matter if the tribute trophy trophy is a +2 or a +4. Since there is a limited number of black water crystals you can get in the game, you are not advised to use a +5 trophy as a tribute trophy, so usually best built is to upgrade a +5 trophy with a +4 tribute (which means you need to go farming the black water rubbles). The additional attributes rotates if you reforge a trophy in one go using the same class of tribute trophies, eg reforging a scar trophy with nightmare trophies in one go at the alter, don’t go reforging half way then go to raise your altar level or enhance your skill tree or switch to using resistance trophies as tribute (or if you started off using resistance trophies as tribute, don’t go switching to nightmare trophies half way). Which means you can save up a +4 nightmare tribute, use a few +0 nightmare trophies as tribute to try forging your scar trophy until you see the routine and know which type of attribute you want (or use resistance trophies as tribute all the way), then at the point where it’s your desired attribute that’s coming up next, use your +4 tribute to reforge your scar trophy and you will get the right type of attribute with a +4 strength.

19. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    #139 Lyhh, Feb 8, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    More notes on stage special trophies.
    In Edith, you get to choose to help the bell guy or choose to fight him. If you help him, you get the material to forge a pale egg, which is a resistance trophy, defense based with yellow words saying it increases your attack at full health (doesn’t show the level of increase at the stats screen, you just need to feel it). If you choose to fight him, you get a scarlet egg which I can’t remember if it’s a scar or a nightmare trophy, but it’s an attack based critical up trophy. In the blessedland, upon completing the stage, whether you get Tristram sword or the basilisk sword, you get to choose between one of the 3 available trophies, either a scar, a resistance or a nightmare trophy. In my opinion the pale egg is largely similar to the sword resistance trophy except for the yellow worded special ability, while the sword scar trophy is quite similar to fathers love (you can reforge an attack attribute to the basilisk sword scar trophy with any tribute trophy, so go reforge it with a +4 tribute and it gives you a handsome +67 attack I think, close to a +70 attack for the fathers love at +5), and it gives you an atk vs sendril instead of an atk vs humanoids with fathers love, and it regains a large amount of health when you land attacks (only in basilisk trophy, you lose the yellow word special ability with the Tristram version) as oppose to small health increase with fathers love, which is a good addition since you will need to fight Teresa as a final boss and I think she is a sendril based boss, but I cannot be certain. In any case, choose wisely when obtaining the pale egg vs scarlet egg and what to choose for your holy sword trophy.
    I have found based stats (+0) for all the stage special trophies so let me know if you want to know any of them in particular. I don’t have the full set of reforgable attributes for all of the stage special trophies but I know what are available as the more desirable reforgable attributes. 3 special trophies are also worth collecting
    Nonexistance boots are available for purchase at the second sifler in exilium at a hefty price of 875 small bones, but it’s basically a stealth boots which allows you to run to the back of any enemies (other than bosses) without being noticed so you can do a back stab, rising slash or full offloading shots, whichever pleases you. Doesn’t work if you approach from the front though. Second sifler in exilium is towards the stage boss when you go up the hill with the female mage, drop down to the wooden platform to your left before you go into the cave. Then follow the route down by the water (be careful of a few monsters hiding in the water) to a cave and the sifler is standing there. The black manus allows you to auto collect items just by walking towards them (without having to press the pick up button, but it doesn’t work on documents and the 4 items in the 4 towers in blessedland, for the 4 items in the 4 towers you need to unequip the black manus or otherwise you can’t pick them up, the black manus disabled the pick up button). The black manus is in the blessedland near the beginning of the stage when you go to the balcony with the 4 female mages facing outside. Near the slope where you get out of that balcony, before you go out from the slope, there is a tree stamp where you can drop down to, and round that corner there’s the black manus. With the Melos bottle, that’s a must get. You can upgrade it a total of 7 times, with 7 condensation honey from the 7 bosses (not including Teresa), but you need to beat the boss while going lunatic in order to get it. You also need 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180 and 210 Anthozoan bones for each respective upgrades. The bottle is obtainable at the undertaker at the back exit of the sacred tower in katib (and you need to go to him for each upgrade as well). The back exit of the tower is just before the stage boss if you go up the stairs. You will automatically be in abnormal status if you equip the Melos bottle but you mentality sphere is still full (not half full). So make sure to have your abnormal effects weakened at the skill tree to make it easier to equip the Melos bottle, but the abnormal effect does help on stocking up anthozoan bones. Viola’s skill tree also helps to farm blackwater stones in her abnormal state.

20. Lyhh

Lyhh Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    You should have sufficient blackwater debris towards the end of the game so I won’t locate where to farm them here (plus I can’t remember anyway), but if you need a base material to get a +4 tribute trophy for reforging, trophies dropped by monster in blessedland comes with a +1, and trophies dropped at the last stage comes with a +2, so essentially you won’t need any debris to get it up to +4, you will only need blackwater rubbles. Blackwater rubbles can be farmed with the high priest and the large flaming boar at the final stage. Chipped immundas can be farmed at the first stage pole axe knight, immundas and immundas crystals can be farmed at the lightbulb head monster at the last stage, but it seems that they drop immundas crystals more often than immundas, and I can’t recall earlier stages where monster drops only immundas so I can’t give an effective location to farm immundas. I had enough immundas towards the end of the game anyway so I didn’t bother.