Universal Pascal's Wager (by TipWorks & Giant Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Aldexeer

Aldexeer New Member

Jan 22, 2020
    Male
    #101 Aldexeer, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Oh! And more important thing. In the secret tower of Katib there is another door leading to the fog. There is Undertaker there. Make sure you will complete his quest and get a ... Filled jar ( or something like that).
    On my opinion this thing is a HUGE help on Teresa.

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Aldexeer I understand you’re new here, but you should seriously learn to use spoiler tags. I personally don’t care because I’m in the endgame already, but you should be more considerate towards the others whom may still be on their way to certain bosses and progressing through story slower. Unless you’re doing this on purpose!

stubbieoz likes this.
  3. Aldexeer

Aldexeer New Member

Jan 22, 2020
    Male
    #103 Aldexeer, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    I'm sorry.
    Fixed my messages. Hope now they are won't spoil anything.
    Take care guys.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The next best thing to a map was included in the update that just hit. The Immortal Jellyfish Jar. As they put it, it’s a route marking item and should make finding your way easier. ;)

stubbieoz likes this.
  5. Thedrawguy

Thedrawguy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    The Father keeps changing into a harder form and I keep dying. How do I stop him from doing this? Do I just drink potions?

6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Yes.:)

7. LeoMoraes

LeoMoraes Active Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Hey guys, where i can find the “warm flesh” to make the “father’s love”? I’m already an katib and i cant find ☹️

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Don’t quite understand how the Immortal Jellyfish Jar is supposed to work.
    When I use it it just seems to show a beam of orange light going through my character. Perhaps that means that it is telling me to go immediately up or down??
    1B3E06E2-ECA0-4429-9927-28335A1D59CE.png

9. OddAlun

OddAlun Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Think "breadcrumbs". You equip the Immortal Jellyfish Jar as a Quick Item, then drop it as you're running around.

10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I thought it was supposed to tell us which direction to go? All it does is leave breadcrumbs to go back to where you are currently standing? Ughh.

Just give us a map please. :(

ibis_87 likes this.
  11. ibis_87

ibis_87 Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    Manager
    Moscow, Russia.
    @anthony78 I'm with you on that. The last thing I need to fully enjoy the game:p Yet, even as it is, I's a blast to play for me, waaay better than any "proper" Souls game or Sekiro. Worth every penny.

12. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Oh thanks, I was totally reading things wrong.
    That might help a bit. I really do get lost very easily.
    Maybe add a compass too?

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Soulsborne games don’t have maps. That’s the beauty of it. Exploration, unlocking shortcuts, uncovering secret areas. Map would just ruin the experience. I personally have no sense of direction whatsoever, but after a brief adjustment period I’m doing just fine even without a map. Immortal Jellyfish Jar works the same way as golden coins in Bloodborne. You just drop them and they shine on the ground. So if you find yourself running in circles, this is a huge help to mark the spot. I got 30 hours in game according to save file and got lost maybe once or twice.

14. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Difference is that people play mobile games differently. When I play a console game like a Dark Souls or Bloodborne, I may play it for hours at a time.

When I play a mobile game, it may be for 20 minutes here, 10 minutes another day and could be a day or two before I get back to it. I don’t spend hours at a time.

For me, mobile needs a bit different rules. Make games a bit easier to come back and play on the go. And I don’t always remember what I was doing because they are shorter blocks of time.

Just my 2 cents but this is a problem for me and this game. I don’t need a marker for where I’ve been. I just need even just a general sense of where I’m going.

(And you could always make it optional for those that don’t want it)

ibis_87 likes this.
  15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @anthony78 you’re right, partially. There should be a different approach to mobile gaming. And I believe it already is. Just consider how saving is being handled. You can pick up your game and continue wherever you left off without a consequence. That’s a huge compromise for this genre. I agree a map would be a welcomed addition, especially if you take a break for days. But I still think it’d ruin the overall experience. After all, this is not a casual time waster meant to be picked up and played for short bursts. So, yeah.

16. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Can anyone answer this question about Katib? (It's driving me nuts, OCD I guess. :p)

What is the item that the Gravedigger gives? I can't seem to remember what it was and can't find it anywhere on the internet. He said something about filling it up with strong obsession.

Thanks.

17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Rocksaint if you mean Melos bottle, you need to fill it with 1 x Condensation Honey and 30 x Anthozoan Bones to work if I remember correctly. I’m stuck at final boss for four days already, so I can’t go anywhere from there.
    And since she’s pretty much immortal in her 3rd phase, hence impossible to defeat, and has that annoying feature of one-hit kill you, I’m pretty much done with the game for good. To have a closure on a story, I’ll watch someone else’s walkthrough, if there’s anyone out there able to beat her, like ever. I already wasted every throwable item I had (fire jars, fire knives, fangs etc) on her, every potion I brewed, got blessed or found in my 30+ hour playthrough, so it’s game over for me. It won’t ruin my experience per se, but it just pisses me off she’s designed that bad.

18. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Hmm...couldn't find anything called Melos bottle in my inventory. Not sure if that's what it was. Wish there was a wiki or something or this game. There's so much lore to dive into.

19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Rocksaint I don't have it in my inventory either anymore. If you discovered the big guy sitting in a fog in Katib, he's the one whom refills it for you. I can't confirm since I'm not able to go back (as mentioned earlier), but you can try even if you don't have required ingredients.

The game's brand new and when/if it gets enough attention, attracts significant crowd and builds large enough fan base around itself, there's definitely going to be a wiki - eventually. Until then we're left pretty much clueless on the details.

20. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Yeah. I met him in the fog of Katib. I guess that’s why it’s not there in my inventory. I left the place as well. Don’t wanna go back. Just wasn’t sure what I got out of it. Anyway, it’s all too mysterious. I’ll just get on with the game.

Thanks for all the info.