Universal Pascal's Wager (by TipWorks & Giant Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 15, 2020.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @homygod it sure is.. check out Terrence’s skill tree. It also looks awesome when you successfully parry. There’s this red mist around him and everything.

GreatWizard likes this.
  2. homygod

homygod Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    So any tips on the parry system ?

3. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @homygod there’s no universal tip for successful parry. Like in any other game, you just need to practice. To get familiar with enemies’ move set, to recognize their attack patterns. The good thing is you immediately see if you were successful - by the red mist around your character. Then you can take it to another level and take advantage of counterattack features. Also keep an eye on execution button when available (lower center of the screen) once you unlock it in skill tree.

Or play with Norwood whom is tough as nails and can block almost every attack or even combos performed by enemies. Although he can take an advantage of successful parry and counterattack in form of increased gain of griminess and/or rage, which is super-useful for his devastating attack combination.

Or you can overpower yourself by farming for bones and upgrading an altar where every new level gives all your characters additional attributes by your choice. You can also find blueprints and materials to craft, upgrade and reforge items. Like for example I got Father’s Love trinket equipped and upgraded that gives me +100 attack and additional 15% atk vs humanoids and 10% atk vs beasts. And you can equip like 6 items to your character, so imagine that. Who needs parry when you slash through enemies like butter.;)

4. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I’m having trouble getting passed the first boss I’m not fimiler with his attacks yet I know when to attack though I just gotta practice more I guess

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @agreen437 1st one is really tough. Just don’t let him go in his Lunatic phase (unless you want an achievement for beating all the bosses in it) - drink potions to keep your Sanity high. You can always grind a little to upgrade your altar, getting better stats. Or use an egg just for the boss fight and you can return it afterwards. After all, you’re right next to that statue anyway.;)

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    1. Once you opened the Gate across from the first Altar, enter that hallway. Don't climb up the ladder, go left instead. Follow the path to some kind of clearing. To the right there is a broken roof and a rock. The Heggie is in the water on the rock's right side. Wants 2x 10 Fingerbones.
    2. Bottom of the Ruined Tower. Can't miss it when you just follow the path down after taking the long ladder down. Wants 2x 15 Sanity.
    3. Top of the Tall Tower. Wants 3 Anthozoan Bones.
    4. Inside the "Fortress", climb up the ladder near the elevator. The Heggie is at the top, right next to the Altar. Follow the path further in and you'll get to him. Wants 3x Health Potions.
    5. Take the "Fortress Elevator" down. He's to the left, on a flat rock with a broken pillar. In the elevator, face left and keep walking against its wall. There's a gap in the planks ~2/3 down, allowing you to jump down. Wants 10 Fingerbones.

macplash likes this.
  7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Nullzone you’re doing great and I highly appreciate the effort. At some point I’ll definitely go back just to collect everything, so this is going to be a huge timesaver. Thanks!

Currently at 6th area. Loving the game. So immersive!.:)

8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #88 Nullzone, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    It's one of those games where I am taking notes left and right; and wish the devs would fully disclose all game mechanics & rules.
    I'm even drawing crude maps in Paper :p free version is enough for that purpose.
    Too bad I don't have enough free time on my hands, otherwise I'd create a proper guide thread.

On another note:
    Does anyone have good advise on using Benita & Viola?
    I find them really underwhelming after some trying out. Benita constantly runs out of Health, and Viola out of ammo.
    Impression so far is that the two guys are far superior - Norwood is slow brute force, Terrence a faster and more mobile fighting style (who can dish out a lot of damage too).

Just starting Katib, by the way, to add some progress report.
    Altar level is 22.
    Imundus went to Terrence first, Norwood second. As the girls are pretty much warming the bench, they only get the leftovers :)
    Father's Love still is the best Scar, followed by Discipline. I use them in combination.
    Resistance, I use the Sorrow Nun and the Loneliness Whisper.
    Nightmares, Mother's Love and Non-Existent Boots (for when I am sneaking occasionally).
    Got several other options in each category, but they are my best choices currently.

9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Agree with @Nullzone about items. I got Father’s Love on +5, Discipline close to that as well. I’m changing Resistance based on situation as you’re going to do as well in Katib - you’ll see soon enough. Because you’ll have to.;) Also there are other circumstances when specific items are required to progress further or just to make life easier during specific encounters.

Upgrading Altar is a great way to add attributes to your characters. Also decorating a skill tree is a must to unlock new combos and to take advantage of everything each character has to offer. I just fully decorated Terrence’s Attack part of the skill tree, so it’s such a pleasure to see his whole move set in action. Now it’s time to finalize Norwood.;)

Attached Files:

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Also from the Twitter, this sounds just fantastic:

“...We have some great stuff coming down the road which folks might not know about such as PVE/PVP multiplayer and all sorts of improvements to the game.”

Yay!:)

11. ibis_87

ibis_87 Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    Manager
    Moscow, Russia.
    However dumb it may sound, I'm still having issues with cloud saves. There was an update to the game which was supposed to fix them, but I still can't just sign in with Apple. The FaceID window pops up, FaceID detects my face all right (a-la Apple Pay) - and then there's just the game logo blinking infinitely against the black background. Well, it's not a tragedy per se (i can play on my iPhone with no issues), but it would be great to make use of that huse iPad screen as well.

12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ibis_87 nah, nothing dumb about that. iCloud is still bugged for some players (me included), but they’re figuring it out according to Discord and Twitter. So I wouldn’t worry. What the dev can’t stress enough is importance of keeping the game installed when updating so the progress is safe.

ibis_87 likes this.
  13. ibis_87

ibis_87 Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    Manager
    Moscow, Russia.
    @macplash Oh, that's great news to hear! If they are working on it, there's no problem to wait a little bit.

14. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Is the "Headless Knight" sidequest bugged in Exilium?

I returned the ring to him but the quest still did not complete. And after the interaction, the ring is not present in my inventory any more.

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Rocksaint : Did he appear at his new location across the bridge in front of the huge tower? I had a small bug there, that he only showed up after resting at the Altar (methinks).
    Hint: You're not done yet, he's still missing something, obviously :D

16. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Got the answer from the devs.

After returning the ring, we need to kill the boss and get his head back to continue with the quest. It's kinda confusing as the quest does not update after the ring is returned.

17. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    His location didn't change. Just that there's more to do. I wasn't aware of it. Time to move forward. :p

18. ibis_87

ibis_87 Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    Manager
    Moscow, Russia.
    Maaan, I've finished Adamina and wish Form Software learned from the devs. They stubbornly refuse to make their games easier for those who don't want the "normal" punishing difficulty, and as a result I can't play them - too hard, too much time needed. Here I have equipped the Egg of the Bearer and can FINALLY enjoy a Soulsborne title.

19. Aldexeer

Aldexeer New Member

Jan 22, 2020
    Male
    #99 Aldexeer, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Regarding Viola. Yeah she is fragile, however she got RANGED attack! Isn't it enough for you guys? Most bosses got garbage instead of decent ranged attack. So just stay away, rollover often and shoot the bastards down.
    On my experience Norwood are too slow for me

20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Enjoying this and gives me a bit of a feel of the original Demon Souls for some reason. The switching of character is a nice touch though to add more variety to the combat.

One thing I wish for is a map. I don’t get to play in long sessions and it may be a day or two between when I play. But when I start again sometimes I’m not sure which direction to head!

ibis_87 likes this.