Universal Pascal's Wager (by TipWorks & Giant Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 15, 2020.

1. ibis_87

ibis_87 Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    Manager
    Moscow, Russia.
    While this is true, the devs have acknowledged that a minority of users do experience problems with cloud saves - including myself. According to the message in the splash screen, they'll fix it in an update.

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Ah, you mean the Heggies :) I was literally looking for "secrets". I think I found all five, but only got the rewards from two so far, still need to do the others.
    One you can easily miss is in the mine cave - you need to jump down somewhere near the ladder and altar in the room with an exit to the outside.

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Nullzone you mean where you unlock the gate as shortcut? I definitely didn't find the heggie there yet. I found 3 in Heggum and 2 in Adamina so far. I wanted to make a trade with Viola, but
    she's been kidnapped, so she's not in the carriage anymore

The dev on Discord refers to Heggies as secrets, that's why I formulated my question using this term. I'm sorry for misunderstanding then. They're relatively well hidden and they drop most precious crystals.

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #64 Nullzone, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    @macplash No worries, I tend to take stuff literally, that's why the "secrets" confused me :)

Let's see, the Village Heggies... Just got the missing rewards, at 5/5 now.
    1) Beginning of the village, where the path turns left and upwards to the first altar: there's a wooden plank fence on the right side. First Heggie sits there.
    2) Next one is on the other side of the broken bridge, next to the stack of barrels.
    3) In the Mine: From the Altar at the end, go past the chest. To the right you'll see a stalagmite. Look down and to the right, there's a ledge you can jump down to. Jump down again, you should see the little guy by now.
    4) I *think* there was one in this spot: Leave the Mine, go uphill. When the path turns left into the Ruins with the bossfight, look to the right: There's a ledge you can jump down to, to get to another small area.
    5) Pulling a blank here, really cannot remember where I found the last one. However, it should be in an obvious spot. I recall that the one inside the Mine was the only hidden one, and the other four were all easily found just from following the regular paths.

I bought the "Figurine of Sorrow Nun" from her as reward. Figured that Resistances - especially with such high values early in the game: 50% of my current res stats - are harder to come by than +Attack.

5. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Thanks! do you know if you keep new items or recipes you found, things you buy? I wish it said this in the help documentation.

6. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Does it auto-save all the time (getting a phone call, open a text etc all could quite the app due to large memory usage), but if you die you just go back to the last altar you used? Or does it ONLY save at altars, in which case - scarily - doing almost anything else on the phone would lose progress?

7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Ok, so I’m missing 3 and 5. I’m going for the one in mines. The description is very helpful. If you remember location of that last one, I’d be grateful.

I did the exact opposite and went for the attack. I neglect resistance for now. Aside from a few encounters with witches in Adamina I didn’t feel the need for a higher resistance yet. Btw, just killed the 2nd boss and heading to Exilium. This game’s absolutely gorgeous. A true Souls experience. I love it so far.

8. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    It auto-saves pretty much all the time. No need to go to altars. You appear exactly where you left off.

9. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    As far as I can remember, you don't lose anything else other than some Bones. I didn't notice anything missing. But I can't say for sure.

Solarclipse likes this.
  10. Thedrawguy

Thedrawguy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    I am thoroughly enjoying this game. I love the character designs and the environments. The fighting, for me is really fun . I like how you can throw knives to knock hanging characters down and how you can sneak to do back stabs. Dodging and blocking works well and the new combs you learn are fun to use. There is nothing like this on the iPad that I have played before. Sometimes I just stop to look at the detailed surroundings. Thank you for this great game Devs.

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    By the way: Does anyone what the "mystery material" (shown as "???") for crafting the Sinister Claw is?

12. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Ingredients for Sinister Claw;
    Miners Claw
    Broken Arrow
    Raw Stone

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Thanks a lot, @stubbieoz ! Ok, back to the Village (methinks) for the Broken Arrow...

Also, did anyone find a good place to farm Raw Stones? I need a bunch more to make several Delirium Skulls and Blight Discs for use as Tribute.

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    And here are the Adamina Heggies:
    1. After first Elmar fight, go through the closed door. Turn left, it's right behind the door. Wants Health Potions.
    2. Jump down toward Red River Bridge for passage into mountain. Follow it to wooden walkway and ladder up. At ladder, jump down to ledge on the left. Wants Anthozoan Bones.
    3. Cross the "Red River" that slows you down and has a Butcher fight. Just in front of the Altar, look up left, there he is. Wants 2x5 Fingerbones.
    4. After killing the Butcher and getting her key, don't go left to the Holy Father's Place. Turn right onto the wooden walkway instead and climb up the ladder's. The little guy is at the top. Wants 3 Health Potions. Cross the bridge ahead, and to the right you can jump down to #3.
    5. At the Newborn Place, face the mothers in wheelchairs. Turn right, climb down the ladder. Go right, he's directly behind the stone pillar. Wants 1 Anthozoan Bone.

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Did anyone make it through the Dark Mist area in Katib? Because for me it seems impossible ATM. I know these are optional areas only, but still...

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Not in Katib yet, just started Exilium.
    Still need to try the first two Dark Mist areas (Village, Adamina). I went into the Village one way too early and got my butt spanked royally :p

17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Nullzone in Heggem it’s just one creature guarding the chest. If you’re about to start the Exilium, you shouldn’t have any issues to slay that one. Those monsters in Katib are different story. I went in and have died literally in seconds. Tried few times and decided it’s impossible.:)

btw, in Exilium you’re in for a treat. As far as level design goes, it’s my favorite part of the game so far. The fluidity of uncovering the area and unlocking shortcuts it’s unmatched. It has Soulsborne vibe written all over it. Katib on the other hand is the most beautiful one. It’s a visual feast.

I’m fairly impressed by this game. The more I play the more amazing it gets. If anyone’s hesitant about getting it for whatever reason - don’t be! There’s a new patch coming live any moment fixing some minor issues, so there’s no reason to wait. For any fan of Soulsborne games, this is a no-brainer. This is as close to that console quality experience as it gets.

18. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Did you find #5 in the end? Can't seem to track that one down!

19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Nope, sorry, but I haven’t been looking for it really. I got 5 out of 5 in Katib just by playing, so I’m not really in need to go back ATM. You should join official Discord channel. There’s a lot of activity, devs are responding to everything. And there are players further in game (I’m in 5th area), so they’re usually helpful as well, replying almost immediately.

20. homygod

homygod Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    Played through first area - is there parry in this game ?