Universal Pascal's Wager (by TipWorks & Giant Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 15, 2020.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I take it you haven't met Gollum's cousin yet? :p Thing is, @idislikejordan brought up the fact that everything is broody and campy, but my problem is the voice acting feels too campy against the EVERYTHING IS BROODY backdrop. Like, the game feels very serious, intentionally, and there's the hilarious voice overs. I don't mind bad voice acting, in fact, I LOVE that shit, but it just sticks out to me because of how pristine everything else is.

Was that the most redundant paragraph in history? >_>

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @metalcasket Nah, not yet. But I’ll keep it in mind. I met witch (or whatever that creature was) repeating “Jerry” all over again, and she already did sound funny enough. But as I said, I believe it can’t and won’t be worse than DMC4.:rolleyes:

Anyway. Good news is that whatever I was struggling with in my previous post I figured out already. I found and liberated that egg, unlocked both shortcuts and killed the first boss. Yay! General rule is: “It takes me a while but eventually I’m victorious in the end.”;)

3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #43 stubbieoz, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Luckily everyones taste is different or it would be a boring world indeed.

I have played many rpg type games where there was no automap. I was playing pc games in the early eighties when graph paper was king. Then someone introduced automaps and my gaming enjoyment went up ten fold. I was hooked on that little in game map. :cool:

There may be one or two others that find the lack of an automap a frustrating omission. My post at least informed them to expect that.

As I simply stated at the top of my post... I am not too impressed, though I did say my impressions may change as I play more.
    Even yourself noted in a later post, that the lack of a map became a bother, and the beginnings are difficult. You then stated that after playing some more you eventually found what you were looking for.

So perhaps after all, we kind of agree. ;)

4. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I just got that update message about the egg thingy making the game less difficult.
    I’m guessing that I will probably have to start a new game so as to get the updated benefits of said egg??

5. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    Do iCloud saves work, or do problems persist? On the fence about this game & my iPad Air 2. Thanks!

6. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    No. You just need to go back to Heggem from your caravan and acquire it.

7. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thanks.
    Talking to the statue fixed everything.
    Seems the update wasn’t a patch as such. The release version appears to have it already.

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Been playing on my iPad. Uploaded save to cloud.
    Installed game on iPhone. Downloaded save from cloud.
    Continue from exact position I was playing.
    Even the game settings were transferred.

So yep, iCloud is working a treat.

9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I know what you’re talking about. I probably have some System Shock maps I made for myself playing the game back in 1994. Hell, I’ve been drawing maps 10 years before that gaming on ZX Spectrum. And yet, having an in-game map is a huge advantage. Perhaps even better is to have a virtual guide in form of glowing line you follow to your destination like in Dead Space or The Division. I hate being forced to endlessly stray when lost somewhere. Frustrates the hell out of me.

That being said, with enough patience and dedication it’s possible to remember where to go. I already unlocked 3 shortcuts and an elevator in very first village. Mostly by endlessly wandering around. Still enjoying the game though.

10. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Yeah, you're right. It wasn't really an update as such. They had it in the game since launch. But I pinged them asking about what it does. So I guess they wanted to clarify it for other players as well who were confused about it.

11. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I can confirm the game is awesome on my iPad Pro second generation what’s this egg eveyone is talking about I ate the first egg I think is that to make enemies easier ?

12. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    Thank you! You might’ve pushed me over the edge to download. Appreciate it.

13. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Thank for this explanation

how do u remove the effect of the egg if possible?

14. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    It's possible. But you'll have to go back to the same place and return it. (Trying to avoid spoilers)

Skall likes this.
  15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Did anyone find all 5 secrets in Heggem? I’m 3/5 but spent already like 3 hours there. So I’d be grateful for some guidance.;)

16. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Thank you!

Rocksaint likes this.
  17. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I’ve only played for a little bit but enjoying it. I died once but didn’t catch if there was a penalty? Do i keep everything I gained, or go back exactly as I was when I last used the altar?

and do you have to rest or just use the altar for it to save? Thanks...I have been playing really cautiously and knowing this would help me with risking a further push.away from the altar “base”

18. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    You lose a portion of the Bones collected when you die. This scales as you die again and again till the next save point. (Unlike the SoulsBorne games, this isn't recoverable)

You don't need to rest to save at an altar. Accessing it saves your game.

Solarclipse and ibis_87 like this.
  19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Where do you see the number of secrets? Checked everything, but cannot find it :(
    And which ones do you have already? Maybe they ring a bell with someone.

20. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Nullzone when you're in your carriage and you open the map, on the bottom it says "heggie" when you select a specific part of the map for traveling.