Universal Partyrs (by Shelly Alon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 9, 2014.

1. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    If Nicola is enjoying this the you know it's a good brain challenger.

I've been playing today and yesterday and really love it, it's my most played puzzler since perfect paths (also enjoyed by Nicola) and I like to play before going to bed as it's kind of relaxing. I've not perfect that many levels yet, just enjoying working my way through.

Im sorry that sales arnt what you hoped, you can tell that this is your baby and the work that you've put in is very clear. You have a great game to be very proud of.

(My little girl loves it too but hasn't gotten that far as she's been trying to get past night three on 5 nights at freddies)

2. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    This flew under my radar, too. I'm definitely picking this up, since so many knowledgeable members gave it such an enthusiastic thumbs up. Here's hoping sales really pick up for you !

3. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Wow - almost missed this one - best resource ever is the "Hot Games" on TA. I find so many overlooked gems this way...
    And Shelly - I remember you from TIG with Olav & the Lute - this is an instabuy sight unseen.
    Good luck with this, downloading now... looks really great.

4. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Been playing this for about half an hour.
    I will leave deeper impressions later, but for now I will say it reminds me of 'Girls Like Robots' in a lot of ways, which is one of the best compliments I can give a puzzle game for iOS.

This game is really good.

5. shellyalon

shellyalon Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2014
    hamburg
    Thank you! Everyone. Thanks.

It means so much to me to read your impressions. One works on a game for a long time and it's so good to find out that people are actually liking it! And thanks for shouting out for me, I really appreciate it!

I'm very happy to be on Hot Games here in TouchArcade and hopefully it will give a little boost. Right now Sales are okey. I'm at ~70-100 downloads a day. Yesterday 150 downloads because of the 50% Sale.

I'm pretty okey with this. It's not bad at all and I hope that the AppStore will feature Partyrs in some other countries next Thursday. =)

6. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I somehow missed this when it came out, not quite sure why but I'm very glad the sale brought it to my attention.

Great puzzle game with a lovely art style and I'm loving every minute of it.

7. shellyalon

Sep 2, 2014
    hamburg
    :eek:
    Thanks!

Partyrs will stay till wednesday on sale!

8. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    If I replay a level and finish it with less stars then the earlier play, it removes the stars from the level menu. But not from the number of total stars in the main menu.
    Request: in the level menu, indicate with a connecting line the order of the levels; it confuses me and the disappearing stars didn't help understanding what was going on :D
    And is it confirmed 3 stars is always possible?

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week Nominee

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Partyrs was successfully nominated for the Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week poll. Over the next three days for for your favorite games here → http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=242258

Developer may not vote for their own app. Only pre-existing active Touch Arcade members may vote, participants can not create a new account just to vote

10. Nicola Salmoria

Nicola Salmoria Well-Known Member

I agree with that, the map screen is really confusing.

I'm pretty sure that in the first release there are several levels which can't be completed with 3 stars.

11. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
  12. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #53 saosijs, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    And what is happening too: when I play an already played level and then exit to the main menu and go to the level map screen, the two levels after the level just played, lost their stars. But the counting of the total stars earned (shown in the main menu) seems to be correct nevertheless, so it is not such a big issue that it prevents playing the game, but it is confusing.

Level 7, the dog introduction level can be done in one step, but I didn't get 5 stars :p :D Well, it seems that the dev needs to look closely to some levels as not all can be three-starred (see comments by Nicola)

Tiny request: when exiting a level, don't go to the main menu, but to the level map screen. that seems more intuitive to me menu navigation-wise

Let's not forget to mention: I do like the game :D

13. shellyalon

Sep 2, 2014
    hamburg
    Hey everyone! I'm so happy about the toucharcade review! About all the reviews! And your impressions of the game. It means so much when people actually enjoy playing what you've worked on for the past year.

Sales haven't changed much. But I really hope for a feature in some more countries, now that Partyrs got so many good reviews and ratings and attention. But I won't be dissapointed when it won't happen, since Partyrs got more attention, than I ever imagined :)

Thank you all.

also, the update is in review now. Every bug you mentioned should be fixed. I hope it will be approved shortly by apple!

<3

14. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I guess I can go ahead and release those hostages now, :( at lease it got the job done :cool:

15. kimmi126

kimmi126 New Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Anybody knows how to solve the last timed space level with the sliding snack cart? I've got a solution which I think works but the cart won't move all the way to the left to complete the level

16. chloe.C

chloe.C Member

Aug 27, 2014
    awww......so lovely

17. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #58 saosijs, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    Hi Shelly, entering the level that sits in the window (looking out to space) makes the game crash. It's the only level I miss and it must also be the reason I don't have the Meet the Folks achievement.

I played it a lot last weekend. I'm still humming the music :D

18. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Has anyone else found that some levels cannot be solved with 3 stars as Nicola said? The developer claimed that it was supposedly possible to do so, but the posted reply I read sounded unconvincing. Since then, the developer has not addressed this question again more specifically. I am confused... :(

19. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Yup, I have 8 levels with 2 stars and actually even one level with 0 stars: I cannot play it, because when entering the level (opposite the moon), the game crashes. There are 60 levels, so the max should be 180 stars, but as explained I managed to collect only 169 stars; and also on the leaderboard there is no one with a higher number than 169 :D