Party Hard GO: Mass Murder Simulator

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tinyBuild, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Awesome I'm sure it will be worth the wait

2. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    I played the first mission, it did crash at the end, this game is so good perfect for iOS, I like the graphics and the controls:)

3. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    I got sent test flight today :):)

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #44 Dailon80, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    Downloading now
    Today just got better thank guys

I'm playing on 6s plus did get a crash about 3 mins in
    And a control pad would be a nice option since there is only one basic set of controls now but the controls for using items and all that are fine by me also hiding bodies setting traps etc
    None of this is crucial and it is Party Hard on my phone and I'm enjoying it.
    By the way crash was in the tutorial haven't had any more

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Things to note so far:

- Shockingly playable on iPhone SE
    - Can't make out what the little button under MENU is, but whatever it is, it instantly ends the mission, allowing you to move to the next.
    - Failing (BUSTED) shows "Tap Any Key to Retry"
    - I'm not entirely sure if it's just the stamina running out, but double-tapping to sprint is a little iffy. Seems you have to keep tapping (instead of just twice) to get going.

6. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Playing this right now! Happy days

7. setomoto

setomoto Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2015
    The controls don't work great for me. It's my opinion, but I am not into tap-to-go places because i don't feel like I am in direct control of where the character goes. The gestures don't get recognized accurately sometimes also. Double tapping supposed to make the guy sprint but only occasionally does. I wanted to climb a ladder on the left of the house by tapping the hand but the guy is too dumb and walk the other way around the house instead of just climbing up. There are times I pressed and held to dance, and nothing happens, or started the killing, which catches others attention. I wish there is an optional control scheme where there is a virtual joystick, and different buttons for the action. I don't know how it originally worked on other platforms but I don't feel great about the controls. I do like the concept very much however, and seems like there would be a lot of depth in the progression and system.

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I agree no 1 issue for me is tap to move outside of that nothing too major that can't be fixed that I mentioned above. I usually delete tap to move games but this game is so rad I would keep playing it anyway if it was like that in final version but it's always good to have options on controls so everyone is pleased.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The more I play, the more I have to agree with the comments above. I'm a huge fan of letting developers do their thing and players adjusting to controls, but despite regular play of the PC version, I keep forgetting you don't use the mouse to move, but have very precise arrow keys. The key to Party Hard is that you need as much control as possible when the going gets tough, and this tap to move control scheme has let me down every single time I've been followed by cops. Of course stealth is the main factor of the game, but you're bound to have to run away, jump in and out of windows and generally piss off the police and I currently can't do that as well as I want. I don't know if you can keep everything the same but just add in a virtual stick for movement (with perhaps a sole "clickable" function, i.e. tap the stick...to interact with the environment).

10. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    So for game is really fun was doing good killing people then I walked outside and a cop car ran me over lol.

11. jdawg101

jdawg101 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Welp my testflight didn't work(It said "could not install profile")then it said it was invalid or revoked. I was wondering if you guys could send me another one. If you guys at Tinybuild do want to send me another TestFlight then pm me so I could pm you guys my TestFlight email.

12. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    It's been hard adjusting to touch controls after playing this with my steam controller.. Moving around is ok but I find it a bit frustrating trying to stab people.. I think virtual controls would work better in this case..A joystick, two or three buttons and the rest can be done tapping the screen.. I'm sure you'll make it work! I'm still having fun with it though ##

13. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    I agree with the virtual stick and buttons

14. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Neither can I.

15. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I didn't find the controls too hard but yes a virtual stick could be better otherwise I love this game! Great great fun and totally insane but hey, it's only a game ^^ the hardest is actually to pick up a body and drop it somewhere

16. jdawg101

jdawg101 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Hopefully I will get into the next beta if the developers decide not to give me another invitation.

17. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    The more I play the more I have to agree about the controls, it's really not ideal but still playable. Escaping the cops is nearly impossible now as running is very approximative right now.

18. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    This definitely needs far more of a preamble/tutorial. Had to watch a gameplay clip in order to make heads or tails of what was going on. Sure it will end up fun once I've gotten the hang of it.

19. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle