Universal Particle Mace (By Andy Makes)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    I'm late to the party with this awesome game. But I like it a lot, it gives an amazingly relaxing feeling. I got a nice score of 370 in asteroid. I'm using the cascade ship which works very well in that mode! But man is it hard to avoid the border as you progress!

2. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    The border is a killer!

3. AndyMakes

AndyMakes Member

Jan 30, 2015
    God Emperor of Andy Makes Industries
    NYC
    Yup! Up to 4 players in co-op or deathmatch. You can pick it up on Steam/Humble/itch.io all from widgets on particlemace.com. It does costs a bit more to make up for the extra content.

It's great hearing you folks talk about the different ships you use. I obviously tested the hell out of them, but it's always great to get reports form the field. Jelly has always been divisive with my testers. Some love it. some hate it. Same for Robot.

I don't know if you'll be excited or angry when you do unlock the show-off ship. All I'll say is that if you're going to use it, you better be ready to show-off.

Edit: Am I missing something about how to do links? It shows fine in preview but breaks when I post it. Oh well. Just c/p particlemace.com if you want to see it I guess, or search on steam.

4. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    This game is just silly good.. My favorite arcade high scorer by far..

Just played on hard mode and started off with a 1900 point combo... Then I crashed into a tiny meteor 5 seconds later.. ###

5. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    4,400 points on easy mode.. That shit was intense!

6. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Just scored over 4,400 on hard mode. Can't believe I'm number 3 :( ... Oh well I'm number in easy mode at least :)

7. TheBitPilot

TheBitPilot Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Sorry Luciano, had a pretty good run myself. Great game. Right up there with Fireball SE and Bit Pilot.

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    For the love of God, is there any way you can update this so astroids can continue a combo. I REALLY want to start getting into this but I feel that the game is not broken but imperfect. The astroid scoring does not make any sense.

9. TheBitPilot

TheBitPilot Member

Jul 19, 2012
    #109 TheBitPilot, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Are you kidding? The combos would never stop. The best strategy is to avoid hitting the enemies until there are enough on screen to get big combos. Once you have a ton of them on screen and hit one try to have them following behind you and hit them slowly to extend the combo as long as possible rather than taking them all out at once. Easier said than done but with practice you'll get better at it. This game is perfectly balanced in my opinion. The asteroids aren't there to get you points, although you get more for them when you're in a combo. They're there to make survival more difficult. Concentrate on avoiding them rather than getting points from them.

10. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    #110 Luciano1084, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    This is the name of the game.. Rally up the baddies to get big combos. I've gotten 2000 plus point combos to start off the game..

And yeah I like combo system exactly the way it is :) .. If it wasn't for those asteroids I'd score 10,000 points.. I hate them

Attached Files:

11. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    So I've been playing this a lot and have yet to unlock any ships! Any tips?

12. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    The first few ships weren't my favorite. I love the Jelly, but I think you have to complete 80 missions to unlock it. In the meantime, try avoiding the red enemies for as long as you can and then kill them all at once to get a high multiplier and continually watch the line to stay alive as long as possible. Good luck and have fun! I'm jealous.

13. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I think the first and easiest unlock I got (can't remember which ship it was) was for completing 25 missions. After that, it became a little easier to score in the other modes and more ship unlocks followed.

14. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    The heavy ship is my favorite.. You don't need to swing the mace to inflict a lot damage with it.. Simply move around and you'll destroy stuff.. When you initially start the game let 10 to 15 baddies chase you around.. You could easily get a 1500-2000 point combo to start the game.. After this the difficulty rachets up quite a bit.. Just focus on staying alive at this point.. The baddies will come.. Try to stay in the middle of the playing arena.. This is extremely tricky because it's always changing shape and moving around.. You'll eventually encounter the heat seeking baddies.. Stand your ground, they usually just fly right into your mace..

15. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Dude did u just really score 8,000 on easy mode? That's just silly

16. TheBitPilot

TheBitPilot Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Haha, yea it was a crazy run. Was just focused on getting to 5k and stopped looking at the score once I got there. After that I was just concentrating on survival and ended up getting a few more good combos before succumbing to the wall. Definitely one of the best runs I've ever had in any avoidance/arcade game.

17. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Ridiculous dude.. Awesome run indeed.. I'm sending you a request on GC lol :)

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I just started playing again.

I really do love the game. So when are we going to get Particle Mace 2?

Billy

19. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

iOS 11 Update

iOS 11 update is now available. This is one of my favorite iOS arcade games ever made - thanks Andy!

20. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Yeah ! That's a good news ! Playing it again like the first weeks I've purchased.

Any tips for missions "crash asteroids doing nothing" because I didn't understand exactly what to do to complete it !

So a good game even in 2018 ! Thanks for the update !