Universal Particle Mace (By Andy Makes)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 28, 2015.

1. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    The ship on the icon is basically an uppercase A...seems like something fishy is going on here! It's an "Andy" conspiracy!

:)

2. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Did anybody else grind the skin off their thum from playing this on iPad so much? it takes so many little movements to play this game, I wanna play more but now my thumb hurts, whhaaaa!

3. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Cracked the top ten.. Fellin pretyyyy good

4. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Ecologist Emperor! What a beast.

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #65 coolpepper43, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    So far I'm really enjoying this game. Here are my critisms.

For a high scored game you think they'd make it apparent that you beat your high score. But it doesn't even say congratulations or anything. It just says try better next time.
    The bottom bar looks aesthetically horrible. Why just not make the entire thing clear and only show the controls and pause button. Having the entire section semi opaque doesn't really make sense and just ruins the look of the game.
    Why can't we have relative controls for this game and not fixed controls?
    Also the scoring is not the best. If the enemy's are worth 10 points why even bother with the astroids since they are only worth 1 point each. Since killing enemies gives you a multiplier it seems that there is even less of a reason to go after the astroids.

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    And the developers name is Andy!

Could They be the same Andy?!

7. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I am also experiencing some lag when things get a little intense. I have an iPad Air 2 and I also cleared all my background apps and am still getting some lag.
    Great game btw!!!

8. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#68 Anotherkellydown, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    Make sure you guys vote for this in the GOTW thread.

Initially I was gonna just vote for Particle Mace, but decided to add another awesome game too.

As far as leaderboards, I'm lookin pretty good on the Easy and Asteroids ones. Now I need to focus in the Hard mode. Great scores fellas!

Haha! I was glad to see you on the leaderboards! Didn't notice your post until just now. I've been missing out on all the fun in here! ;-)

9. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Like the up sweeping music of this game a lot.

Just reached number 6 on easy.

10. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Like this one a lot. A couple little issues though...

First, the brief pause that occurs when you hit an enemy I find often throws off my control and causes me to run into an obstacle.

Semi-related to the above, it sometimes feels like there's a bit of lag at times and I find myself running into the walls because the ship doesn't respond to my input quickly enough to avoid it.

And I agree with the point made above that the scoring is a bit naff. There should be some benefit to going after the asteroids more than just getting one point. Perhaps the asteroids could contribute to keeping the combo chain alive but in a much smaller increment. Maybe there could be a visible combo bar that filled when you hit an enemy and then quickly drains unless another enemy is hit which refills it and increases the multiplier, or an asteroid is hit which puts 10% in it or something and gives you a bit more time to get the next enemy...

11. Anotherkellydown

#71 Anotherkellydown, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    Particle Mace made it past the nomination phase in the Touch Arcade Forum Member's Game of the Week thread! The voting poll is now live. Anyone can vote regardless of member status with the exception of the game's developer. Here's the link http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=254238

Congrats to Andy Makes and good luck!

12. AndyMakes

AndyMakes Member

Jan 30, 2015
    God Emperor of Andy Makes Industries
    NYC
    Awesome! I'll abstain from voting, but my fingers are crossed!

13. Tele-Pet

Tele-Pet New Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Indeed! Currently royally stuck on Ecologist Emperor, Rock Hugger 2 and Spiral Racer. Just... seems... impossible.

14. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Keep chipping away at it. I think I attempted Ecologist Emperor 100 times? I thought I'd never get it. I have two missions left, both are super hard in a dense asteroid field! Spiral Racer 2 (touch the spots in 25 seconds!) and Asteroid Snitch (get the snitch without hitting an asteroid).

I noticed that it says I have completed 147 missions, but I only have 2 missions left? Is there a super special mission at the very end?

Particle Mace is currently in the lead in the GoTW thread! Throw a vote in the poll, if you haven't.

15. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    This game is like crack.. Not that I've ever smoked crack before........ Yeah.........

16. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    I just finished all the missions, that was damn hard at times when the combination of missions were against me. But what a blast I had ! Awesome game guys, I'll try to do some scoring now, but it's not as attractive for me as the mission system. Thanks for the sweet time I had anyway !

17. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    463 on asteroid mode! Dang, AKD that's awesome. Ranked 2nd...must try the cascade ship...seems to be the one getting the top scores on that mode.

18. Kieran

Kieran Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Software Developer
    Ireland
    Looks amazing. Such a unique style, and really hypnotic. Great work.

19. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Getting back to the proper thread (Go Tampon Run!), my hard mode score was kind of a fluke. I got it early on and was super lucky avoiding the white barrier line numerous times and getting combos after running from the line was just fallout. Any tips on that asteroid mode score? It's massive!

20. Anotherkellydown

Yeah, that moving barrier is a killer!

Really my only strategy was to stay alive as long as I could. The Cascade ship's tethers are like heat-seeking missiles. Perfect for that mode.