Universal Particle Mace (By Andy Makes)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 28, 2015.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    That's cool and good to know and I have no idea why I keep getting blocked they won't tell me why it happens apparently it's a secret so I can't avoid it. Whenever I go to purchase it tells me to contact support and won't let me purchase and they have to edit and unblock my account for me for seemingly no reason at all.

I think I'm triggering some automatic security somehow, but 5 times in a couple of months is silly....I don't want to have to talk to someone whenever I want to buy a game.

2. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I am no high score chaser, but man this game is so addicting, lol.

3. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    #43 NOEN, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    Andy needs to stop with these crazy high scores in half of these games. Im sick of seeing his name at the top of the friends leaderboards! Lol

Seriously, I want to play Radiation Island so bad, but I can't stop playing this damn game!!!!

4. AndyMakes

AndyMakes Member

Jan 30, 2015
    God Emperor of Andy Makes Industries
    NYC
    #44 AndyMakes, Jan 30, 2015
    Hi folks! AndyMakes here!

Thank you all so much for the kind words about the game! It makes me very happy to see how much fun you are all having with it!

In case you want to jump a little deeper down the PARTICLE MACE rabbit hole, there is a PC/Mac version available that features 1-4 player co-op and deathmatch! You can check that out on Steam/Humble/Itch.io over at particlemace.com.

Also, if you are enjoying the game, please remember to rate and review on Apple. Those ratings really help smaller devs like me, especially because I don't ever want to put in annoying "Please Rate My game" pop ups.

Thanks again for playing, and if you have any questions about the game or its development, feel free to ask! Finding this thread really made my day.

5. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    #45 somedumbgamer, Jan 30, 2015
    Just left a 5 star review on iTunes. Really enjoying this. Trying to catch Andy c83 but that will never happen#

6. Tele-Pet

Tele-Pet New Member

Aug 26, 2014
    The missions add a surprising amount of depth to this game. You might be hung up on a mission where you only have one mace particle, and meanwhile have to use that minimal setup to complete other missions. Really fun.

7. armilla

armilla Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Just left a 5 star review; thanks for porting your awesome game! #
    Any content updates in the pipeline?

8. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Please tell me that 'Wumph' on the leaderboard is someone who worked on the game. >_<

9. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    So, so sorry for not leaving a review. I know it's pretty early in the year but if someone tops this this year it'll be quite an achievement. Off to leave a review 'round about now. Bought about 6 or 7 games this week and have actually only spent time with this.

10. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Sad you aren't number 1 anymore? Lol, your score is ridiculous dude.. It's ok #####

11. AndyMakes

AndyMakes Member

Jan 30, 2015
    God Emperor of Andy Makes Industries
    NYC
    No worries! Thanks so much to you and everybody else who rated! Like I said, it makes a big difference, especially early on when there are only a handful of ratings/reviews.

He didn't work on it, but he was a tester for the PC/Mac version so he's had a lot more time with it.

Not right now, but I have some ideas for things down the line. I need to take some time to catch my breath first!

Again, thank you all for playing and for the kind words!

12. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Great game on the iPad, but frustrating on the iPhone. Enemies on Helios are slower to compensate the small screen. This game should compensate iPhone users too.

13. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    #53 slamraman, Jan 30, 2015
    I haven't tried on iPad yet. I'll give that a go now.

Quick edit: It's even better on the iPad. Still plays great on my phone though. It's like Minotaur Rescue had a baby with Helix.

14. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    It seems huge on iPad. I can't go back to iPhone now hahaha.

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    LMAO...such a lovely feeling seeing Andy being bitter about someone's score. :p

16. gingerbeardman

gingerbeardman Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Male
    Former Apple Technology Evangelist
    #TeamGB
    #56 gingerbeardman, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    This reminds me of my on favorite favorite Pendulumania on Windows 95. yes, I'm that old.

I've often wished for more of that, so I'm all over this.

Cheers

17. armilla

armilla Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Seriously, I think I saw this elsewhere, but I definitely see this as one of my favorite games of the year already, and it's only late January. Take that deserved breather! #

18. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Picked it up this morning before work and am I'm in love! Just unlocked the Cascade ship this afternoon.

I'm coming for you, AKD! You better watch your back on hard mode. :)

19. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Hehe. That kinda makes me happy in an evil little way. At least I know that SOMEBODY can beat the almighty Andy! Lol

20. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #60 Andy C83, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    Laugh it up fellas, but the jokes on you. I'll have my top spots back by Monday at the latest. ;)