Universal Part Time UFO (by HAL Laboratory)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Feb 26, 2018.

1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    It is so cute and delicate. You can also enjoy it in airplane mode. The quality of the translation is excellent. There are many interesting things about every move and conversation. I strongly welcome game developers to go into the premium. Continue to release good series. I'll respond with a purchase and a cheer. :D

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I finished this fantastic "silly" labor of love, though i'm not done totally with it, yet. Those little mean difficult secrets, to 3-star every stage, won't let me delete the game. Usually, i hardly ever go for completing all GC-achievements, but if a game offers this cozy charming feeling, paired with good controls and pixel art, well, than i feel sort of obliged ;)

*cough* a "build as high as possible" with those shurikens and as in level 25/26 would be something nice? *cough*

A super steady thumb might breeze through this game easily within 2 hours, but it will definitely not fullfil all the objectives. Chasing all secrets gives you at least another two hours, imho.

A well deserved 5 star review, and so did i in my swiss app store.

Sorry, don't know either atm.

3. toofinedog

toofinedog Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Turns out tossing salad at restaurant 1 got me over 5k. The horrors this little UFO has seen.

4. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I got this in the morning. Will give it a go later at home. Seems like my kind of fun.

5. El_Enemigo

El_Enemigo Active Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Salesman, marketing
    Montevideo, Uruguay.

This is not available on Uruguay either like Animal Crossing. Why?

It is ridiculous to have region lock your games in 2018.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Presumably because of localization issues. Thing is...developers seem to forget people know English, you know? This isn't available in Lebanon either and I can tell you NO ONE plays video games in Arabic over here.

7. Imaria

Imaria Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Has anyone figured out what the "I'll be Back" achievement refers to? I've got all
    medals and
    completed levels, with all the outfits including
    Medal King and Qbby's UFO
    . But nothing seems to be obvious for this one.

Also, has anyone got over 5000 on a single mission? I can't even figure out which mission I should be trying to perfect for that one; 4500-4600 seems like the soft cap, and getting the rest via the time bonus would be insane.

8. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    You didn't find it because you're playing too well. ;)

See if that helps you figure out what you need to do. If not I'll swing back around with the answer.

9. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Great game. It is fun, pleasant, not boring and challenging.
    IOS 9 playable and real premium --> thanks!!:)

10. Imaria

Imaria Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Haha, got it instantly with that hint. Thanks!

I've been trying to reach 5000 on
    Moon Stage 1
    , since I think mathematically it's the most likely. Three 5 combos and a 4 combo so there's only one remaining, then one last 5 combo. But the damn things move around so much that getting consistent 5 combos is hell, and you also need a relatively fast time for it to work.

It should give 3800, plus 300 for the medals gives 4100. If done with 90 seconds left on the clock, that'd do it. But I'd be glad to get some other suggestions, because I can't actually get it done.

11. Fusseltuch

Fusseltuch New Member

Aug 18, 2012
    No iPhone X Support

I agree that it’s a great game (gameplay wise). But with a lack of iPhone X support several month after release of this phone it doesn’t deserve a five star rating. It is technically imperfect and I blame also Apple allowing this release or at least showing it clearly in the AppStore.
    I am very sure we’ll see how connected the developers are to the community by commenting and supporting iPhone X soon.

12. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Damn, I really like this game. Love the music tune! It’s stuck in my head now, thanks. :)

13. El_Enemigo

El_Enemigo Active Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Salesman, marketing
    Montevideo, Uruguay.
    Mmmmmh

The game is translated into Spanish. #

14. toofinedog

Oct 18, 2013
    Restaurant 1 can net you over 5k. That’s where I did it. The clock is x5, not x10, so your moon theory won’t work.

15. Imaria

Imaria Member

Mar 19, 2012
    On the Moon, the clock IS x10. I managed it on Moon 1 after all, though I'll admit it wasn't optimal.

16. toofinedog

Oct 18, 2013
    I wasn't aware of that. Congrats. It seems to be the toughest achievement to complete.

17. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Any chance this game will have a worldwide launch? It's not available in the Indian App Store. Really wanna pick it up.

18. rhinofinger

rhinofinger Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    If you still haven't figured this one out, the achievement's official description after you unlock it is
    "Let the alien boss escape in the Moon stage."
    That's a pretty big hint. If you need more of a hint, this refers to
    letting the timer run out in the stage "The Moon 3" without completing stacking everything on the alien ship.

Yes. I accomplished this on the stage
    "Restaurant 1."
    Just
    keep stacking vegetables on the right side of the screen and only hit the bell right before time's up. The vegetables still count even if they fall out of the bowl, just make sure they don't hit the bell while falling.
    The
    Astronaut
    outfit makes this achievement relatively easy.

19. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

devs told me that the game will stay as it is, unfortunately no more countries will be added in the future .

but if you have relatives/friends in some of the countries where it is released, you can ask them to buy you an iTunes gift card, then you should open an account for that country and redeem the code, so you have the money to buy the game, i did it that way myself several times.

20. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    If you are uncomfortable with the iTunes gift card, you can also get it as a gift from friends.

In that case, you only need to have an app store account in that country. :p