iPad Parallel Kingdom is OUT for FREE!!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by vandy1997, Oct 31, 2008.

1. vandy1997

vandy1997 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    Get it here: http://appshopper.com/games/parallel-kingdom

Parallel Kingdom is a role playing game that uses GPS (or WiFi locate) to overlay the virtual world on top of the real world. In the Age of Exploration, there will be items, creatures, and other players in the world to use and fight with. Enjoy unique creature personalities, items to upgrade, players to chat and team with, and a global player ranking list to see how you compare to your friends.

Parallel Kingdom Age of Exploration is the first of many ages to come.

Welcome to Parallel Kingdom.

http://www.parallelkingdom.com

2. ReformatPlanet

ReformatPlanet Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Film Producer
    NJ/NY
    Oh snap. Wave goodbye to my productivity. Good thing it's 1 in the morning, i wont be so inclined to go running around the neighborhood searching for loot.

3. vandy1997

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    Were you able to create an account and log on?

4. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I was able to

5. ReformatPlanet

Jul 30, 2008
    Film Producer
    NJ/NY
    Yeah it took hella forever though. I was in the process of writing a bitchy post about developers releasing games that don't work, then i noticed it was working.

Reboot your phone, open up google maps and let it find your location, then start PK, fill out the registration screen, press go, and just let it sit. For however long it takes to boot up. They really should have put in a progress bar or something.

6. Justinm59

Justinm59 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2008
    It wouldn't let me, I filled out the info and clicked go and nothing happened.

7. ReformatPlanet

Jul 30, 2008
    Film Producer
    NJ/NY
    I'll be online as ReformatPlanet. I'll probably never see anyone, but feel free to send me lots of gold and weapons.

8. ReformatPlanet

Jul 30, 2008
    Film Producer
    NJ/NY
    See my post earlier. It takes a while to get started. A long while for me. It might help to do a fresh boot and load up google maps so your GPS is already locked on.

9. vandy1997

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    I got in by tapping on the black space area beneath the information that you type in after you hit the Go button and the keyboard disappears. Maybe there is a button there that is invisible at the moment!

10. vandy1997

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    I work in midtown Manhattan, so we may meet there!! I'll be vandy1997.

11. vandy1997

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    They may not be expecting for the game to be working yet. Since Apple never tells the devs when their game will be out. Kind of silly if you ask me! :D

12. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    when i try to make an account on my ipod touch, it says "parralel kingdoms needs your location" or something. I have wifi on, so does anyone know what the problem is? D:

13. ReformatPlanet

Jul 30, 2008
    Film Producer
    NJ/NY
    NY is the place to be with this game. Hopefully they'll be able to implement location specific content, so things like monsters and treasure can be different depending on the type of area your in. They say you can play on the ocean, but why do i get the feeling you'll still just be seeing packs of wolves and killer trees?

14. vandy1997

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    It just asked me to use my location at first, and I allowed the game to use it (one of those dark blue dialog boxes appeared when the game was starting).

15. vandy1997

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    I'm getting my butt whipped by the pack of wolves!! Use the berries to heal! It seems like the trees create the berries, so don't kill them off!

16. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Fun game but...

How on earth are you supposed to heal after you fight something? You take damage while you walk along after a fight and I can't heal myself, so I die and lose some money, then play again!

17. vandy1997

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    Get away from the thing that's attacking you. Go to menu, click on the Berries, click on Heal.

EDIT: I already died 3 times. You respawn, so no biggie!

18. vandy1997

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    #18 vandy1997, Oct 31, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
    Get a backpack to carry more stuff. It seems like you drop everything when you die. When you are respawned, you have to pick up everything again. Kind of a pain, because you need the backpack first to carry multiple items. When the items are dropped when you die, they are dropped in exactly the same spot. So you have to pick up one item at a time and move it somewhere else. Then when you finally get to the backpack again, you can pick it up and then pick up the other items. You also have to choose which item to use to attack (sword, dagger) and to defend (shield). Go to Menu, tap on the item, tap on Make Attack or Make Defend. You can only carry a limited number of items, and each item has a number of uses - you can see the number of uses within the menu. You can also upgrade items by paying gold. Tap on item under Menu and choose Upgrade item. It will tell you how much gold you need to pay. The number of uses does not increase - only the effectiveness of the item.

The creatures all seem to be pretty tough. Some run in packs and kick your butt. I just try to isolate one and go to town on it. Then I run if a group starts to attack me!!

19. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    a backpack? what backpack? I want a backpack! also, what berries are you talking about?

20. vandy1997

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    I got the backpack by killing one of the creatures. When you kill a creature, you get gold, and it seems like you can also get any weapons that it is carrying. I'm learning as I go along - haha! :D

The berries are by the Killer Pine Trees. You may not have any in you area. You will see other creatures as you move around town. But you have to move physically as well. If you are in one place (in real life) you can only move around a small area.